Canada-Ontario
Options

GTA Florists - Wildflowers

Does anyone have a recommendation for a florist in the GTA (Mississauga/Milton area) that has non-traditional flowers?

I am looking for more wildflowers (larkspur, delphinium, lisianthis, lavender, etc.) rather than traditional wedding bouquet flowers.

Thanks so much!
~*June 2013 Sig Challenge: Our Cake*~
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: GTA Florists - Wildflowers

• Options
    edited November 2012
    I think any florist should be able to work within your vision. I find that if you have a good idea of what you want, you'll get better feedback from the florist. 

With that said, I met with Indra from Plush Flowers. She works out of her home in Mississauga so I'm sure she could order whatever flowers you have in mind. She was really easy to work with when i met with her i had no clue what i wanted and she was able to give great suggestions based on my feedback) http://www.plushflowers.ca/

I also met with Lisa from Sweet Woodruff http://sweetwoodruff.ca/ I think she might be a bit more in line with what you are thinking. She is located closer to downtown Toronto so I dont know if that is too far away for you. She keeps the flowers more organic looking (vs looking like a traditional bouquet, if that makes any sense)

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    as someone who worked in the floral industry previously, you  should know that your flowers while not the regular white rose bouquet are not that outside the wedding concept box and any florist should be able to accommodate it.

That being said, i am using http://www.convallaria.com/
    they are located in mississauga and a touch on the pricy side but they are amazing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Just some other things to add to the other ladies' - all reputable florists will be able to assist you.  Other thing you may want to keep in mind is your budget for flowers and the season in which you will be married as out of season flowers will be crazy expensive. Whereabouts in the GTA are you located?  You may prefer to have a florist near to you or to the place where your ceremony/reception will be.  This may save you money in delivery costs. Just some things to think about.
  • Options
    I'm working with Elaine at From the Potting Shed.  They have a shop in the Distillery ((416) 363-7433) and another out in Cambridge.  Their look is much more organic, and they were by far the best price we found as well.  As a big extra bonus, they focus on local grown and organic flowers rather than shipping in exotics dripping in pesticides from developing countries.   They can do the traditional look but they also do beautiful arrangements of moss, ivy, dried lavader, dried baby's breath, etc.  Lovely lovely vibe. 

Look them up on Facebook & Pinterest. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_gta-florists-wildflowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:1e6445cf-e8ec-4ca3-b017-b1493e538b0fPost:160f9c04-274f-4750-b59a-68f79f653827">Re: GTA Florists - Wildflowers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm working with Elaine at From the Potting Shed.  They have a shop in the Distillery ((416) 363-7433) and another out in Cambridge.  Their look is much more organic, and they were by far the best price we found as well.  As a big extra bonus, they focus on local grown and organic flowers rather than shipping in exotics dripping in pesticides from developing countries.   They can do the traditional look but they also do beautiful arrangements of moss, ivy, dried lavader, dried baby's breath, etc.  Lovely lovely vibe.  Look them up on Facebook & Pinterest. 
    Posted by Loveandmangos[/QUOTE]
    Loveandmangos, I PM'd about the florist
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jenn - I'm using Ruffles & Twine in Milton. Marissa is FANTASTIC i've met with her a couple times and I am just in love with her. AND, she's done lots of weddings at 'the barn'. FB me & we can chat more about this if you want. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards