Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

Retro/vintage music theme, 50s

But not like rockabilly. Retro blues! I'm so excited that we share a love of bluesy music. We're decorating around sheet music, but I want to kick it up some. Make it just a little funky. Can you do classy elegant funk? lol

Retro vaguely pin up music themed without being too kitschy... Do I want too much?!
White Knot Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Retro/vintage music theme, 50s

• Options
    I think if you do some searches on google for weddings that have that sort of style, it's possible. Especially check out offbeatbride.com. Finding images of ideas you like and that go along with what you intend will help you envision what you're going for. 
  • Options
    lgoin1lgoin1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    That sounds so fun!  Make sure your room is low lit, kind of like the way a blues lounge would look.  Dark, but perhaps lit with neon and simple tea lights in the center of each table.  If you are having a wedding party, you can have their outfits set the tone.  BMs could wear dresses like: http://www.etsy.com/listing/61591179/erin-pencil-dress-custom-made-wiggle-all with red lips and simple updos.  To keep it from being kitschy, I would shy away from having TOO pin-upy hair, like victory rolls.  Play up the sultry side of the blues! :)  Hopefully that helps.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards