New York

Rochester, NY Photo Venues

If you are having a wedding in Rochester, NY - where are you having your pictures taken after/before the ceremony?
Erika & Joel
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Anniversary

Re: Rochester, NY Photo Venues

• pixiedust84pixiedust84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married in Rochester - not until next summer though so we haven't figured out Photo stuff yet. BUT there are some BEAUTIFUL places in the city! The Eastman House is Great or there's several spots in Highland Park that are just lovely. We live in the Park Ave area so are thinking about doing city pics around Park Ave.

Google Highland park - there's a few spots in there that are awesome. Including an indoor garden in case it rains!!

GL
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Yea - I live in Rochester. We are getting married in October so the parks won't work unfortunately.  I called the GEH yesterday and our wedding party is too large to fit on the staircase :(  I have NO idea what I'm going to do about pictures!
    Erika & Joel
    Anniversary
  • pixiedust84pixiedust84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm. Why won't the parks work? Do they close?

An October wedding will be beautiful!! I always wanted fall but with Fi in Grad school it's just so tricky! Anyways... do you want outdoor or indoor pictures?

You could just go to Mendon Ponds Park and get great fall foliage pictures! Orrr are there pretty spots at your venue? Are you concerned about weather? There are so many gorgeous mansions on East Ave - I wonder if one would let you do pictures in there. A lot of them are owned by organizations - you could call and see!

Sorry I don't have more ideas!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    The weather most likely won't be nice and it will probably be cold so I'm not going to bank on nice weather to do pictures outside.  Although they might be beautiful, they also might be a nightmare and I'm not really willing to chance it.  I am looking into the monroe county office building atrium... I've heard you can rent out time there to do pictures but I haven't yet figured out a way to get more info on it!
    Erika & Joel
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldnt rule out nice weather jsut cuz its October! I got married last October 3rd, and the whole week the weather sucked. when I woke up on my wedding day it was 72 degrees out and sunny. it was a perfect beautiful day! We did outdoor photos on the u of r campus. If you want to see our photos let me know!

other good places in October:
    - we did our engagement pics the October before our wedding on halloween at Highland park as well as at the cemetary across the street from it (not creepy, tons of beautiful trees and fall foliage!)

- if your going to do the monroe county building call way ahead, its always booked.

*~ Tracy & John October 3rd 2009 ~* Bio image
  • edited December 2011
    I know GEH has a fee to do pictures out in their gardens. I also heard that Mount Hope cemetery has some beautiful spots, as long as you can get over being in a cemetery :-) Cobbs Hill park has a nice building with pretty pillars up by the water too and there is a spot that looks over the skyline of rochester
    Happy is what happens when all your dreams come true!
  • edited December 2011
    don't know if you are still looking for spots in rochester to do your pics, but if you are you should look at the genesse country museum.  I love it htere, they have lots of great old houses, churches and other areas that would be great for pics. Thinking of contacting them about photo ops myself for my Aug. 2011 wedding.  Good Luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards