Rhode Island

First Dance?

Looking for suggestions for FI and I first dance...we like all kinds of music but mostly top 40 and I like country too. we don't really have a "song" we might want to do  a slow song and then start out fast. what are you all dancing to?

Re: First Dance?

• We are dancing to "I can't wait" by Runner Runner
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We are dancing to the Nora Jones version of "Love Me Tender"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We did "Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore" by REO Speedwagon. It was perfect for us b/c we started out as friends for 8 years before we started dating!
    Some contenders:
    - Everything, Michael Buble
    - Then, Brad Paisley
    - I Need You, Tim McGraw & Faith Hill
    - 1,2,3,4, Plain White Tees
    - I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing, Aerosmith
    Most of the contenders we were able to incorporate into other aspects of the reception, too.
    I hope that helps!
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • We had Gavin Degraw's "Follow Through" we had our band shorten it so it didn't go on and on....I loved it and he sung it at one of The Bachelor's weddings which was on TV...
  • Our first song is 'Diamond' by Steven Kellogg and the Sixers.
    Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
    "Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me"
  • We are doing "Then" By Brad Paisely. First concert he took me too was Brad Paisely and it was the first slow song we danced to at my friends wedding. It is also the song he had playing at the rink when he proposed to me. So it was an easy choice for us.
    Proud 36yr old Mama of 3, expecting #4 - 8yrs after #3 :)BabyFetus Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think we are dancing to Eternal Flame by the Bangles

*Bells I love that song by Runner Runner I think we might use it in our wedding video.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are dancing to "The Rose" by Bette Milder
  • We did "I Have and I Always Will" by Dave Barnes and Amy Grant
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • OH my! I am having a tough time too! WE really can't find a song.
    Some contenders we have:

Then, Brad Paisley
    You are the Best thing, Ray Lamontagne
    and I know its cliche but I totally love Train's Marry Me. Especially the line that says "marry me, today and everyday"
    It makes me cry.

The song i REALLY wanted to do was "Its your love" faith hill and tim mcgraw.
    But one of my closest friends did it for her wedding song. I had to leave the room in tears. It wss the perfect song and so emotional but a great tempo to dance to.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • We are debating between two different Bon Jovi songs....I think we will end up with Thank You....
  • We used Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours" ...it's always been "our song" and it's just a cute happy song.  We liked that it had a little upbeat tempo to it too :)
  • I think we're going to do "Lucky" by Jason Mraz. My fiance is Navy so the references to water and being apart but still so much in love really resonate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards