New York-Hudson Valley

Eureeeeeeeka I found my dress!

Yaaaahooooooooooooooo ... I did it - I found the one - My Dress!

Ladies - I was beginning to wonder about myself. Although I only went to 3 stores total I was beginning to think I wasn't going to find "the one!" I have a tendency to be picky and felt it was going to be a wild goose chase in order to find the right one for me!

I decided to venture out on my own and went to this one boutique Majesty LLC located in Danbury CT.  It got great reviews & I figured what the heck. When I was calling around the day before the girl from Majesty was so helpful - even tho I wasn't a client of the store -- she was trying to help me find this one specific Maggie dress I really wanted. After many, many calls to to several bridal shops I was out of luck - most of the places told me I would probably have to buy the dress outright (which I wasn't about to do!)

So I decided to go to the girl who was so helpful over the phone. I explained to her the look I was going for and she wanted to know if my heart was set on a Magggie dress? I really wasnt - its just that I seemed to veer towards always looking at Maggie dresses. She told me the Maggie dress I had my heart set on she had something similar in style but it was by Casablanca. I said I would try it.

She brought in about 7 other dresses but the one she suggested I decided to try onfirst. I put it on and I sparkled from head to toe. That's what I wanted! I felt pretty - like a bride and told her THIS IS IT! I just couldn't believe it and there I was by myself - the moment I waited for - I wanted to laugh & cry & I wanted to share this very moment w/ someone else and I was on my own. haha....yeah I'm over it -- I'm just glad I found the one. I told her I didn't need to try the other dresses on so I didn't . Who knew I'd be so easy????? DOH

She took my measurements but I told her not to place the order as I'm in the midst of losing weight and wanted to come back in mid September. She can re-take my measurements then and we can place the order. She thought that was a good idea. Albeit I'm a little nervous since it supposedly takes 4-6mos for the order to come thru but she suggested I could always rush order it which is what I'll end up doing. I'm also having the back of the dress changed from a zipper to a corset type look. 

So there ya have it. My worries are over. I won't be a Maggie bride but I'll be a Casablanca bride....I'm totally fine with thata! Game on w/ losing weight and starting up w/ my trainer again. Wish me luck - cause I'll need it!<eeeeeeeek />

Wooohooooooo - Have a great day everyone!
-Lee
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Eureeeeeeeka I found my dress!

• edited December 2011
    Thats great Congrats!!
  • edited December 2011
    CONGRATS! So happy that you found "THE" Dress!

Isn't it a great feeling? Which Casablanca is it?

(I was by myself when I found my dress too. I think that makes it sometimes easier. Because you don't have to worry about what other people are thinking. And now you get to share with everyone that you found YOUR DRESS!!!)
  • carolsdaycarolsday member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CONGRATS !!!!    Thats awesome !!  I'm so happy for you  :)

( I hope it's that easy for me  lol  )
  • MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks Jenni!

Hey Terri - The dress is Casablanca 1918 ... just google it but go to the link that shows "several images" you can see a close up of the crystals better that way.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SandDDSandDD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a gorgeous dress!!!! Congrats!
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG OMG OMG .... that is MY dress!

I was going to say congrats on being a Casablanca bride as I was too and going to ask which one and you said mine!  You will LOVE THAT DRESS!!!   I modified mine as well but to a modified sweetheart neckline...kept the zipper.

I too felt beautiful in it and honestly, it is a very very flattering dress.  I can also tell you that my bridal store (not Majesty) told me 4-6 months and it came in about 3...I was shocked but happy at the same time. 

OMG I am so happy for you because you will love love love it....i found a great veil to go with it that was sparkly too and helped highlight the sparkles in the dress.

I cannot TELL YOU how happy I am for you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    edited December 2011
  • Meliss5178Meliss5178 member
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I am glad everything worked out for you!
  • edited December 2011
    That's a beautiful dress! Congrats!
  • edited December 2011
    Very prettyyyy!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You girls are the absolute best! I was smiling ear to ear from all your responses. Thanks I'm so glad you liked my dress too!

Steph! You crack me up. Woohoo we're dress twins! I'm in good company then. Yes, next will be my hunt for a sparkling veil. The one they tried on me I wasn't much of a fan but it doesn't mean I have to go thru the same place I got my dress. Altho they did say their getting a new shipment in so maybe I'll land on something? I'm not worried tho.
    Wow I never though of changing the neckline into a sweetheart neckline....hmmm something to think about. Well when I go back for my official measurements in Sept I'll ask them. Here's hoping mine takes about the same amount of time as yours did :-)

Thanks again everyone for being excited for me. I appreciate all the wonderful feedback.

-Lee

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I was a casablanca bride too!!! COngrats that is a gorgeous dress. I actually found that one in a magazine and was like this is the dress for me, tried it on and it didnt have enough poof for me, haha go figure.  Picking the dress was one of my favorite wedding planning moments!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Chris - Yay for another Casablanca bride in the house! Your dress was gorgeous toooooo!

Steph - so tell me where did you find your sparkly veil to go w/ "the dress"? Our dress? :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ssagessage member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_eureeeeeeeka-found-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:b61b6742-6404-43e0-b1d8-d492399166edPost:6a408f5f-0b09-45b6-8bfe-c4a48d88e0f1">Re: Eureeeeeeeka I found my dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Steph - so tell me where did you find your sparkly veil to go w/ "the dress"? Our dress? :-)
    Posted by MYLOVE315[/QUOTE]

I got my veil in the same place I got my dress, at the Town Shop in Poughkeepsie.  I did see a cute one in David's Bridal but it was very expensive and wasn't sure I loved it.  when my BMs came down to look at BM dresses with me and my MOHs, i tried on the sample so they could see and they had me model veils..when I put on that one, they were like "get it".  Let me see if i can find a good photo and figure out how to post here and I will so you can see the detail.  it had some silver in it like the front of YOUR dress (my day is over ;)) and so maybe you can find something similar. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Steph I would LOVE to see a pic of it. If you can figure out how to post that would be great. Like I said the girl at the shop where I got my dress said more veils and headpieces were coming in......worse case scenario I go back to the 2nd boutique I went to where I loved the headpiece and veil so I can always go thru them but I wanted more "crystals" in the veil ....they told me they could do it so here's hoping
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards