Flowers

color help!! deep purple and....?

We originally were going to get married May 18th 2013, but found out that we're expecting, and pushed the wedding back to October 12th 2013. The colors that I originally wanted were a deep (dark) purple, accented by a pale green with a pale yellow. 

I like the weather in October, but I don't necessarily like the cliche Autumn flowers. (the reds and oranges) So what could easily go with a dark purple that wouldn't be hard to accent with? I thought of ivory but wasn't a huge fan. Should I just go with another shade of purple? Any suggestions appreciated.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: color help!! deep purple and....?

• twilight.rosetwilight.rose member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited July 2012
    Edited because I missed that purple and green was your original color scheme (I only saw purple and yellow.) I think you should stay with your original choice.
    **i'm a little drunk on you and high on summertime** Photobucket
  • If you no longer want the pale green, pale yellow then why not go rich looking with gold and burgundy?
  • You can certainly stick with your original color scheme.  Just because your wedding is now in October does not mean that you have to change around your color scheme to coordinate with the season.

• I agree, the original color scheme sounds beautiful.  Eggplant calla lilies are beautiful!
  • Mums, asters, hydrangeas are all available in deep purples in fall.  mums and asters are available in yellow.  Mums and hydrangeas are available in green.  You can make a gorgeous fall arrangement in your colors.
  • <div>I like to pair deep purples with turquoise and green!  I think they are really pretty deep colors that don't scream FALL.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Here is an example of one of the bouquets I've made in these colors:</div><div><a href="https://www.etsy.com/listing/100498254/mystic-wonderland-bouquet-and" rel="nofollow">https://www.etsy.com/listing/100498254/mystic-wonderland-bouquet-and</a></div><div>
    </div><div>You can get away with many colors that will go with purple.  Your day is going to be fabulous enjoy it!</div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_color-help-deep-purple-and?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:28Discussion:f0c727db-6245-4a5d-939d-6e9f0efb30ccPost:3553eb4b-13bc-4d9d-9dd4-cdda4e1e2270">color help!! deep purple and....?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We originally were going to get married May 18th 2013, but found out that we're expecting, and pushed the wedding back to October 12th 2013. The colors that I originally wanted were a deep (dark) purple, accented by a pale green with a pale yellow.  I like the weather in October, but I don't necessarily like the cliche Autumn flowers. (the reds and oranges) So what could easily go with a dark purple that wouldn't be hard to accent with? I thought of ivory but wasn't a huge fan. Should I just go with another shade of purple? Any suggestions appreciated.
    Posted by dande2129[/QUOTE]
  • If you're using a deep purple, it would be gorgeous with a deep or teal blue..think peacock shades. 
  • The deep purple would really look beautiful with the pale green. I don't think you should change your colors just because you think it is cliche. The colors are absolutely beautiful in any season. 
  • add the yellow in fall type flowers, crespedia(billy balls), yarrow, hypericum berries ,add your virbrant purple with lisianthus,stock,orchids and green goes with everything, I love autumn hydrangeas in the fall.  Adding peacock feathers could work, I am just not a fan of teal/aqua flowers that are tinted that color.......God didn't make real flowers that color and, in my opinion for a good reason!  JMO
  • I think you would be fine to stick with your original colors. We are getting married next fall and are using deep purple, deep teal and golds. I think the purple enough would give everything a fall kind of feel.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would keep it the same colors. I'm going to meet my florist tonite. My colors are deep purple/fushia with white flowers also to brighten it up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our wedding is Oct 5th, 2013. Our colors are plum, burgundy, and teal. We didn't let the month or season dictate what our colors would be- we just picked what we both liked. :) Keep the colors you wanted if you really love them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards