Montana
Options

Outdoor wedding in Billings

Hey Ladies!  I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a good outdoor site for a tent wedding in Billings, MT. We originally wanted the wedding to be held on my FI's family ranch about an hour out of town but I don't want my family to have to travel anymore than they already have to....I'm also worried about guests drinking too much and having to drive all that way back to Billings.  Any ideas?  We really don't want to deal with a reception hall. Does anyone know of a local campsite or public land that might work....Could you even have a wedding there? I'd really appreciate any input or comments!
Thanks!

Re: Outdoor wedding in Billings

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Go to the yellowstone county website and get to their parks place (riverfront is beautiful anytime of year).

The zoo they have tents so the entire thing can be outside.

Oscars dreamland (they fill up fast)

Dan Walt Gardens is beautiful! but I don't know if they offer reception venue.

If I can rmember anything else I will hop back on!!! PM if you have any questions!!!

Whens  your date />?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto on the above, a few people on the boards chose Oscars dreamland.. The zoo is great, and tents and such can be rented from Party time plus..

Moss mansion is another one they have a beautiful arch outside.

DanWalt Gardens is amazing and their price includes the flowers which they do for you.

Chanceys Somewhere in Time Bed & Breakfast also does outdoor ceremonies but they are pretty pricey and its out in Huntley so if you didn't want to worry about people having to drive out of the way this one wouldnt be the best option.
  • Options
    kathrine_123kathrine_123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the ideas! Its so nice to have some Montana support! 

Chanceys is nice but my FI's cousin just got married there last summer :( And I love Oscar's park but its super pricey!  The rest of your ideas are new to me...So thanks!!! I will def look into them. 

Our wedding isn't until May 2011 so we still have time to find the perfect place. I just want to have all the big stuff, like a reception area, figured out so I'm not stressing a few months before the big day. (I know I will be anyway haha)

Please let me know if you have any Q's/other ideas or just want to chat.
    Congat to all other soon-to-be's out there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Yah you've got plenty of time! Put a new post when you start looking for photogs, caterers, and other wedding vendors and we'd all be glad to help!
  • Options
    gburmeistergburmeister member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did a wedding at the Zoo last summer.  The ceremony was held in the gardens, amazing.  Bride got ready in the Homestead house at the zoo.  The zoo does have tents set up all summer for receptions, etc. I can post pictures if you would like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards