Snarky Brides

What's wrong with the etiquette board?

13»

Re: What's wrong with the etiquette board?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-the-etiquette-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d28333b6-c0ed-4752-b713-0b63e5992bb9Post:e82c68f1-e6a1-4d23-a156-37842d2e6be8">Re: What's wrong with the etiquette board?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh shiit<strong>! I'm Platinum yo! </strong>Loopy, my H found it funny for a second. LOL
    Posted by Denise91980[/QUOTE]

<div>AATB has that effect on people today :).</div>
  • For real. I take platinum dumps, too.
    panther
  • I think AATB should get a platinum grill.

Denise, how's all your house stuff going?
  • LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-the-etiquette-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d28333b6-c0ed-4752-b713-0b63e5992bb9Post:d2e55bbb-4f8f-4969-9c36-5abe3d286266">Re:What's wrong with the etiquette board?</a>:
    [QUOTE]For real. I take platinum dumps, too.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That sounds...painful.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-the-etiquette-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d28333b6-c0ed-4752-b713-0b63e5992bb9Post:d2e55bbb-4f8f-4969-9c36-5abe3d286266">Re:What's wrong with the etiquette board?</a>:
    [QUOTE]For real. I take platinum dumps, too.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Well, you do have platinum blingy boobs.

Nates, the house stuff is going surprisingly well so far. They agreed to fix anything we asked them to from the inspection. Nothing major.
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-the-etiquette-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d28333b6-c0ed-4752-b713-0b63e5992bb9Post:15da4bab-7d0d-4976-bc57-d4042e09b3a2">Re: What's wrong with the etiquette board?</a>:
    [QUOTE]When you're the one who thinks everyone else is crazy that's usually a big cue that you are in fact actually the crazy one.
    Posted by jessieandharry[/QUOTE]

....says the person who posted a thread titled "What's wrong with the etiquette board?"
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-the-etiquette-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d28333b6-c0ed-4752-b713-0b63e5992bb9Post:2015007c-f580-4e3f-aa6c-b7a55c31bf7c">Re:What's wrong with the etiquette board?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:What's wrong with the etiquette board? : That sounds...painful.
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

Nah, it glides out with ease ;)
    BFP #1 1/1/11 EDD 9/10/11 dx:no hb DNC on 2/2/11 BFP #2 12/28/11 natural m/c on 2/6/12 BFP#3 2/16/13 dx:ectopic on 2/27 (given methotrexate)
  • Am I the only one who reads stuff about moon and thinks, "M-O-O-N, that spells ready"?

Nebb?
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-the-etiquette-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d28333b6-c0ed-4752-b713-0b63e5992bb9Post:68dff135-6942-4893-8cbb-64eaecbf8144">Re: What's wrong with the etiquette board?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Am I the only one who reads stuff about moon and thinks, <strong>"M-O-O-N, that spells ready"</strong>? Nebb?
    Posted by whitsy[/QUOTE]

Laws, yes.

:)

• MegenQMegenQ member
    First Comment
    I love these threads. The crazier the better. I am keeping a level head about the wedding and watching others go BSC is awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You ladies are too funny. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-the-etiquette-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d28333b6-c0ed-4752-b713-0b63e5992bb9Post:7b2f10b8-91db-4275-82a3-740e3eb6b03c">What's wrong with the etiquette board?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you guys nicer over here?

I'm assuming you did something "wrong" to make everyone hate you. Sorry, but these boards in general aren't quite nice. A lot of helpful advice here and there but ou're got to be ale to read between the posts of people telling ou you're a horrible witch for not following the obvious law of some hidden etiquttte role.
    Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-the-etiquette-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:d28333b6-c0ed-4752-b713-0b63e5992bb9Post:45d670be-38ab-46a5-87ef-aefa874dffee">Re: What's wrong with the etiquette board?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to What's wrong with the etiquette board? : I'm assuming you did something "wrong" to make everyone hate you. Sorry, but these boards in general aren't quite nice. A lot of helpful advice here and there but ou're got to be ale to read between the posts of people telling ou you're a horrible witch for not following the obvious law of some hidden etiquttte role.
    Posted by tkddddddddd[/QUOTE]

Etiquette isn't hidden.  It's in books.  Read it.  Follow it.  Best advice we can give you!

Also, for the love of baby kitties, use the spell check.
  • Forgive my tag on to a day old thread, but my posting time is limited and stuff like this always gives me the giggles.

The etiquette board advocates tradtional etiquette, per tha name of the board. If you go there and argue against tradional etiquette you are likely to get slamed, surprise!

If you post something like "Five Etiquette Rules I Hate", you are more likely to get some agreement/discussion here than you are on that board. Is this board overall "nicer" - no, not so much. 

I have heard rumor of some long-ago "conflict" between the boards, never saw any evidence of it because it was before my time (if it happened, I am really not sure).

I just came back to posting here after a hiatus, and it looks like you have some history here that is not so good. People here tend not to forget history, unless your bad was an exception to a rule and you toughed it and talked it out and had some guts about the whole thing. That happens, too.

• ...Why would you think a board called "Snarky Brides" would be nicer?
  • Weren't you going to reveal yourself today in your true skin?  Yesterday you admitted you were a troll.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-the-etiquette-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d28333b6-c0ed-4752-b713-0b63e5992bb9Post:7b2f10b8-91db-4275-82a3-740e3eb6b03c">What's wrong with the etiquette board?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Are you guys nicer over here?

People having varying ideas of what is acceptable, most of which is based on location.  Check out your local board.  People will have more helpful suggestions for your area. 
    Anniversary wedding-1 my read shelf:
    Heidi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_whats-wrong-with-the-etiquette-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:d28333b6-c0ed-4752-b713-0b63e5992bb9Post:409bdcb7-cc77-4712-be58-4d1e43bb65e2">Re: What's wrong with the etiquette board?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What's wrong with the etiquette board? : And if you roll in honey first you can make one awesome zoot suit.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

Tea almost came out of my nose. Freaking hilarious and this made my morning. Thanks Koda.
  • OP, I read your other thread. YOU are the crazy one. Seriously. Picking your BM's based on who can afford the dress you want (which, honestly, will probably look terrible on people who have normal body types)? Yeah. And you think the people on the E board are the mean ones...

Also, anna.o I LOVE your sig! Love BBT!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mdktmkmdktmk member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm sorry, I'm new here. What did I miss???

• Wow! I cant stop laughing right now.

I like cheese too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I decided to pop on over to this board to give myself a break from the DIY board (okay, I'm trying to ween myself off so I won't get depressed post-wedding, whatevs) and DAMN!!

First, OP; You do realize WHERE you posted this thread, right? I'm going to assume you don't really understand what the term "snarky" means. You really just walked right into this one.

Second, I'm pretty sure that choosing your bridesmaids based on thier ability to afford a dress pretty much goes against any etiquette rule ever invented, at any given time in history. Seriously. While I think a lot of those rules are great if you are trying to pull off a very tradtional, very pre-2000s wedding; and I think that things are very different now when it comes to the Dos and Don'ts of weddings... I'm pretty certain yours will always be a no, no.

Third, as someone who did have to change a member of her WP, and yes, I got blasted on the boards for it, and no I don't regret it, in fact I'm happy I didn't listen when she and my brother (her ex) told me she could still be in the wedding and they would be able to get along. Long story short, had my brothers gf as a bm and they broke up. Twice. Second time was for good and she swore she could still be in the wedding and it wouldn't be a big deal. Except it was. 2 days later. So I very nicely told her that I didn't think this would be a good idea, since they were already causing drama... and she went bat **** crazy on me. A year and 3 months later, she and my brother can't stand each other and her new bf constantly makes threats for no good reason. So even though I was slammed for it on the boards? I WIN!
  • prloveprlove member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    @ kodakitty-  Dude, your posts crack me up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards