Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

We did it! Married!!! 4/21/12-with pic link

Although we originally planned to elope, after much begging from our family to throw a shindig...we went through with it, and it turned out to be a WONDERFUL DAY!!! :) We only had a couple minor blips in the evening, which were unseen by anyone but us (behind the scenes things)...at the end of the day, I got to marry the love of my life, we had WAY more fun than we could have imagined, and we are finally Mr & Mrs, which is all that matters! Woohoo! 

Just wanted to share some of the professional photos that are here so far, more to come, but I just had to share! :) I LOVE my photographer-Hollie Dyson Photography-of Richmond VA. 

Can't wait to see more of the reception photos by Hollie D, the ones some of our guests took were hilarious! 

Hope you enjoy! 

Re: We did it! Married!!! 4/21/12-with pic link

• Beautiful pics!  Glad you had an amazing day =]
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congratulations! Your pictures look great! I absolutely love your husband's suit and was wondering if you would mine sharing where you rented/bought it from?

Congrats again!
  • Thanks everyone!!! Cathyb, he bought all of it at Express! :) 
  • so pretty!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_we-did-it-married-42112-with-pic-link?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:50c1de94-46cf-46ec-b7e2-dec28c124ffcPost:d671183c-f23b-47f6-812d-766aac250cbd">We did it! Married!!! 4/21/12-with pic link</a>:
    [QUOTE]Although we originally planned to elope, after much begging from our family to throw a shindig...we went through with it, and it turned out to be a WONDERFUL DAY!!! :) We only had a couple minor blips in the evening, which were unseen by anyone but us (behind the scenes things)...at the end of the day, I got to marry the love of my life, we had WAY more fun than we could have imagined, and we are finally Mr & Mrs, which is all that matters! Woohoo!  Just wanted to share some of the professional photos that are here so far, more to come, but I just had to share! :) I LOVE my photographer-Hollie Dyson Photography-of Richmond VA.  Can't wait to see more of the reception photos by Hollie D, the ones some of our guests took were hilarious!  Hope you enjoy!  <a href="http://www.holliedyson.com/2012/04/jd-married-richmond-va-wedding-photographer.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.holliedyson.com/2012/04/jd-married-richmond-va-wedding-photographer.html</a>
    Posted by jandd421[/QUOTE]

I had actually seen your pictures and started looking in to your venue :)  I would love to see some more pictures when you get them in?   How was working with the county?
  • @nvrmndguard, I can show you more once they come in, may be a bit because we are doing another shoot on Sunday-my photog wanted to do more! Hopefully within the next few weeks. 

I feel like the price was decent but they have VERY strict rules. Make sure you read the rules before you sign, they are really specific on some things. They were actually wonderful until the wedding day, and the men that were there to "assist" us for the evening were extremely rude to us, we were told multiple times before the event that if it was too hot then to let the guys know and they'd help. I personally went to them and they refused and said they had no clue what I was talking about. They also made some rude comments to my guests. This is sad because the ladies there that work M-F are very nice...this was just a grumpy old man. I haven't spoken to them since but I will be if I haven't received my security deposit back within the next few weeks. Other than that, it was a good experience. 
  • There were more issues with the guy that was there that night, I honestly just don't feel up to writing about it. He was a jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Love the pictures. I also love the carnations that you used. We had carnations too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats, Your pictures are beautiful, you two look very happy together.
  • Congrats! Love the pictures and your hair is absolutely GORGEOUS!!
  • Very nice pics, the last one is my favorite!

• Can I ask where you bought your shoes????? LOVE THEM.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2013
    I just decided to go over my old posts and realized that there were more sweet comments and questions, thanks to you all! :) I got my shoes online at DSW.com. I had SUCH a hard time finding shoes, everything else was simple for me to find but I wanted pale pink shoes and they were just not in existence at the time it seemed...then at the last minute I sort of stumbled upon them! Thank you also for the sweet comment about my hair-I have a ton of it! 

Hope you all are having a great time in the planning process or have had a wonderful wedding day! :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards