Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Boston florists?

Hey there, I am totally at a loss for finding a great Boston florist at a reasonable cost. I want something somewhat untraditional, ie reeally want potted geraniums for my outdoor wedding but my mom is protesting that, or also into the multiple height/size bud vases with different bright flowers. anyone have someone who would roll with that? 

Thanks!

Re: Boston florists?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Suzanne from Bella Floral, she has been very accomodating to my requests.  Knottie Eeyore also used her and has pictures of her work in her married bio.  Here is the site: bellafloraldesign.com
    GP February Siggy Challenge:
    Black History Month

TTC since Feb 2012
    Diagnosed with PCOS and anovulation
    2 round clomid 1 round femara--no response
    1st round injectables/IUI 1/31---BFP! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used The Celebrated Flower in Somerville, and they were very open to my ideas.  I found them to be flexible and well-informed.  They really delivered on our vision, and we were quite pleased with the work.  They don't have a website, so you have to call them to see their portfolio and talk about the options.  phone # is (617) 661-0400
    imageimage BFP #1 7/2011 natural m/c at 11.5 weeks. BFP #2 3/2012 ectopic pg, MTX at 7.5 weeks. BFP #3 10/2012, EDD 6/24/2013 over the moon to be expecting our baby girl in June!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Joe @ Olympia Flower Store on Washington St. He did our wedding, my sisters, my parents (well, his dad did my parents). he's a great guy.

He will listen to what you want to do and offer ideas; He is traditional in some ways but can bend. pics of flowers in my wedding slideshow & married/planning bios.
    GL!
  • Options
    jkeprosjkepros member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Winston Flowers...which I know most people don't think is that reasonable, BUT I have to say we don't have a ton of floral "needs" and gave them an original budget for what we wanted of $1000-2000, and they came back with a quote of $1200!  So they are definitely willing to work within a budget.

Also, I know that they can do non-traditional things (like you mentioned the potted plants), or arrangements of foliage and things like that that aren't just roses.  We are doing all tropical flowers & bright foliage.  Fewer flowers and more big leaves and things will help keep the cost down.  Their quotes include delivery/set up/break down.  And they even do rentals for some items.

Good Luck!
    Yay! Finally able to update my signature :)
    by Shannon Sorensen Photography
    My hubby & I rock the frock.
    Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas! Lexi MS and killian09, how was the pricing at Bella and the Celebrated Florist? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    KMDC--we got detailed quotes from 2 florists recommended by our venue, and Celebrated Flower came out a bit lower, so we went with them.  They were good at working within our budget, and gave plenty of suggestions on options that would save money.  The quality of their work was excellent and they were flexible and easy to work with.  When there have been polls about floral costs on these boards, I've found the amount we paid to be on the mid-to-lower end, compared to other ladies.  You can see examples of the work they did for us in my bio below.

good luck!  

imageimage BFP #1 7/2011 natural m/c at 11.5 weeks. BFP #2 3/2012 ectopic pg, MTX at 7.5 weeks. BFP #3 10/2012, EDD 6/24/2013 over the moon to be expecting our baby girl in June!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://boston.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_boston-florists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:1d694c1d-8870-488c-bdf7-20a83d6d7765Post:5ae9949f-e991-43c8-8878-84cd85f18012">Re: Boston florists?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using Suzanne from Bella Floral, she has been very accomodating to my requests.  Knottie Eeyore also used her and has pictures of her work in her married bio.  Here is the site: bellafloraldesign.com
    Posted by LexiMS[/QUOTE]

<div>It's true, I used Suzanne Bellanger at Bella Floral Design for our wedding, and I absolutely loved working with her.  Pics in my bio along with my review.  She's very talented and I thought reasonably priced.  HTH!</div>
    Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards