Texas-Houston

Favors....

I need some ideas ladies.  What did you do/ are you going to do for your wedding favors?  The cheaper the better.... 
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Favors....

• edited December 2011
    Well I think they are un-necessary.
    But that said...

I love the Candy/Cookie Buffet's.You can have custom stickers put on to-go boxes.

I also like when people do donations to a non-profit org instead of an actual "thing"
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I am giving away flower and tree seeds as favors. It's pretty cheap and you can find lots of options for that online (or buy seeds in bulk and make them yourself.)
  • edited December 2011

I am filling mason jars with homemade candy (divinity). I had monogrammed stickers made for the front and I'll be decorating the tops with little fabric squares and ribbons (like you often see for homemade jellies....and of course a little thank you tag. =)

• edited December 2011
    If we have keg beer, then we are doing cups with our name, wedding date and a cute saying. If we do regular beer (which is more likely) then we are doing koozies.
  • edited December 2011
    we did a homemade cookie buffet.  My grandma and mother in law and I made different cookies and I filled big jars with them. I had red to go boxes for people to fill and I made tags.  I also had heart cookie cutters with the jordan almonds too (italian tradition) pics of the cookie buffet are in my bio
  • erin0709erin0709 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did koozies (and served bottled beer, so they double-dutied) that had two-sided personalized messages;  we did shot glasses with the date and "Erin & Mike Take A Shot at Marriage"; wine charms that we made ourselves, and had paper fans on all the tables (served as decoration and favors, it was a hot day!).

We got lots of compliments on our favors and we did not spend a lot of money on them.  People still tell me to this day that they use our koozies at home all the time.  I think it's a nice way to say "thank you" by providing a little something the guests to take home, even though I would never expect a favor if I were attending as a guest. 
    imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting small clear self sealing bags and putting chocolates of some sort. I got monogram stickers from etsy that I will put on top and will just set the bags on the tables.
  • edited December 2011
    We had a photobooth so our favors were the strips from that.  If we hadn't done the photobooth, we were thinking about koozies (DH liked the one that had a ball and chain on it; I liked the one that said "A and M got married and all I got was this d*mn koozie).  Honestly, though, we probably would not have gone with anything because of the price of the wedding.

If you do go with something, make it something that's edible or something that has meaning or something they can definitely use again (and will want to).  I've been over to some of our friends' houses since the wedding and every one of them had the photobooth strips hanging on their fridge or in a frame.
  • ccrabtree02ccrabtree02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can get 100 koozies for 129 and I think that is what I am planning on going with....where did ya'll order your koozies from??
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • txgeogirltxgeogirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    since we are getting married in San Antonio, my mom is making mexican wedding cookies and we are attaching the mexican tin ornaments to the cookie bags.  Cookies will be cheap and the tins have been about $1 each.
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is in Kentucky and we are doing horseshoes and little bags of chocolate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    we're also doing koozies. but if I hadn't gone with the koozies, I wouldn't have had favors. they're not necessary by any means.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • erin0709erin0709 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:2c6ceada-32c8-4743-86a0-72f56ffacabfPost:73240d3a-2ccf-408a-b9df-8ecce78d175d">Re: Favors....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can get 100 koozies for 129 and I think that is what I am planning on going with....where did ya'll order your koozies from??
    Posted by ccrabtree02[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine from trueimprint.com
    Even ordered them last-minute, like 2 weeks before the wedding, and they still got them to me on time without having to pay for rush delivery. 
    imageimage
  • ayersfam20ayersfam20 member
    edited December 2011
    I did a candy buffet - so those were our favors.

My favorite favors I've seen are the matchbooks that Hoopsgirl had - I think the pic of them is on pink posh's blog.  I wish her wedding had been before mine so I could have stolen that idea. ;-P
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • kristi0412kristi0412 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my koozies from kustomkoozies.com  

I wanted a dark brown koozie, so I was limited on where I could order from.  CustomInk.com is also a great place, but they didn't have my color. Either way, kustom koozies was still cheaper.   I got mine in exactly one week. I placed the order, the next day they emailed me the proof to ok, I did and I just got them on Monday! I LOVE THEM!!! They rock and I am having to fight my FI off the box just so he won't use one! :D Good luck!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • shelly0921shelly0921 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We made a donation to a local charity that we love in honor of our guests.  No one really keeps favors so we thought we would put the money to use.  We also had a candy buffet...
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't do them.  We did nice welcome baskets for the hotel, where the majority of our guests stayed.
    My faves have been donations to charities.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:121Discussion:2c6ceada-32c8-4743-86a0-72f56ffacabfPost:f2c46866-9c1b-4f4a-adf0-a975a858c0d7">Re: Favors....</a>:
    [QUOTE]We made a donation to a local charity that we love in honor of our guests.  No one really keeps favors so we thought we would put the money to use.  We also had a candy buffet...
    Posted by shelly0921[/QUOTE]
    no offense to you, but as a guest of a wedding, I'd be giving the bride the side-eye if I "got" this as a "favor." what if your guests don't support the charity?

• edited December 2011
    I like all the candy and cookie buffets. I also think the photobooth is a super cool thing. I wish I could of had something like that. We had ornaments that had a tag on it with our name/date, since ours was around christmas. People could take the tag off and use. Thouh most people didn't realize they were to take because we didn't place them on the table. Now I have ornaments for a tree next year. haha
  • aggiebugaggiebug member
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking a box of matches if we do Sparklers for out "exit".  I figured people still use those. I have seem some really cute ones and they are disposable in the long run!

If we don't do those as an exit we will probably do 12th man towels (aka white golf towels) with something cute written on them.  Our exit would be going under everyones waving the towels. 

I like the seeds too!  I thought of doing those first, but I think the others will work better for us.  I did find a really cute easy to use template with instructions for making your own packets.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:2c6ceada-32c8-4743-86a0-72f56ffacabfPost:587df44d-d206-4aab-984a-a73881e8b17a">Re: Favors....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favors.... : no offense to you, but as a guest of a wedding, I'd be giving the bride the side-eye if I "got" this as a "favor." what if your guests don't support the charity?
    Posted by pooh8402[/QUOTE]

Why would it matter if you don't think favors are necessary anyway?!  That would be like someone giving you the side-eye for the koozies b/c they don't support drinking.
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • edited December 2011
    koozies can be used for water and cokes as well. in fact, my FILs very vocally do not support drinking, and they like the koozie idea because they love Dr Pepper. also, guests have the choice to take a koozie home or not. I don't have the choice to refuse to donate to the charity, you've made that choice for me. many charities are also political, or have a political slant. if you're going to donate to a charity IN MY NAME, you better be damn sure that it is a charity I support, and no bride can do that for all of her guests. I held back earlier by saying I'd give the side-eye, but really, I think it is rude.

just my opinion though.

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_favors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:2c6ceada-32c8-4743-86a0-72f56ffacabfPost:5983145e-f487-4e72-b068-b2d2dade1066">Re: Favors....</a>:
    [QUOTE]koozies can be used for water and cokes as well. in fact, my FILs very vocally do not support drinking, and they like the koozie idea because they love Dr Pepper. also, guests have the choice to take a koozie home or not. I don't have the choice to refuse to donate to the charity, you've made that choice for me. many charities are also political, or have a political slant. if you're going to donate to a charity IN MY NAME, you better be damn sure that it is a charity I support, and no bride can do that for all of her guests. I held back earlier by saying I'd give the side-eye, but really, I think it is rude. just my opinion though.
    Posted by pooh8402[/QUOTE]

imo - that is reading WAY too much into it.  They aren't making a donation IN YOUR NAME so much as they are choosing to use THEIR money in a way that THEY see is the best ... for THEIR wedding.  So who is any guest to say they shouldn't do that?  They are basically saying instead of buying you something you can take home we used our money to donate to a charity we support.  So who cares if the guests support it or not?
    Abbie Rose 9.26.2004
    Collin Thayne 10.11.2010
  • edited December 2011
    then why bother making it a favor at all? seems AWish to me. a favor is a gift to the guests, not a platform to spout your beliefs in this charity or that one.

• alliwaltonalliwalton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This is super late, but we donated to the Humane Society and made it known at our wedding with pictures of our animals right next to our signing matt.  We then had cards made up and said money was donated in your name to the Humane Society and put them in our thank yous. 

If they did not support our charity then they could leave, but its not about them it was about us on our day!

• anhestyanhesty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think a photobooth at a wedding is a fantastic idea and as a guest and a past bride the photo strips that they get to take home is the best favor ever!

i hope you have decided on your favors!

here's a few photobooth companies:
    www.digitalmemoriesphotobooths.com
    http://www.lonestarphotobooth.com/
    http://houstonpartybooths.com/

enjoy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards