Not Engaged Yet

Please tell me I'm crazy.

I've been tattoo crazy for about five weeks now and cannot shake the desire to get another one.

And I have five of them.

Please help me shed these crazy pants and bring me to my senses.
PLEASE. 

Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.

• You're crazy. 

Now, what tattoo do you want and where? 

And why are we supposed to talk you off a tattoo ledge? Does your BF hate them as much as my FI does?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:18be89d9-7e6a-4349-ad90-eb59e0753776">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're crazy.  Now, what tattoo do you want and where?  And why are we supposed to talk you off a tattoo ledge? Does your BF hate them as <strong>much as my FI does?
    </strong>Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

Reason #4562 why Drew's FI and I are actually soulmates.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:90a76e54-c35b-4fe9-9681-34c488e23772">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm crazy. : Reason #4562 why Drew's FI and I are actually soulmates.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>Does this mean our engagement is off if I get another tattoo? That would make me sad.</div>

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:18be89d9-7e6a-4349-ad90-eb59e0753776">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're crazy.  Now, what tattoo do you want and where?  And why are we supposed to talk you off a tattoo ledge? Does your BF hate them as much as my FI does?
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm thinking of getting white ink, on my wrists. I'm flip flopping between a few ideas. I went in to talk to the studio where I've gone in the pase (and is the best place without having to go deep into Houston) and talked to the guy who does do white ink. This got me way more excited. </div><div>
    </div><div>BF doesn't hate them at all and he's been thinking about what he wants. </div><div>
    </div><div>I just wonder if I should be waiting longer to make these decisions/should be making these decisions already since I got my last one in April. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:90a76e54-c35b-4fe9-9681-34c488e23772">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm crazy. : Reason #4562 why Drew's FI and I are actually soulmates.
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>This made me giggle and I have no idea why.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:a81529b3-48f6-4db9-97a3-0c04dac51014">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm crazy. : I'm thinking of getting white ink, on my wrists. I'm flip flopping between a few ideas. I went in to talk to the studio where I've gone in the pase (and is the best place without having to go deep into Houston) and talked to the guy who does do white ink. This got me way more excited.  BF doesn't hate them at all and he's been thinking about what he wants.  I just wonder if I should be waiting longer to make these decisions/should be making these decisions already since I got my last one in April. 
    Posted by thelamarrs[/QUOTE]

Just a note, if you ever plan on going into a profession where visible tattoos are frowned on, you may have to work hard to cover them up. A co-worker of mine has tattoos on her wrists too, and she has to wear watches and big bracelets to cover them up, every single day. Another has a partial sleeve and has to wear at least a 1/2 sleeve cardigan everyday to cover it up.

Just food for thought. (I feel like an old fuddy duddy saying "think of the future" but sadly it is true.)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:a81529b3-48f6-4db9-97a3-0c04dac51014">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm crazy. : I'm thinking of getting white ink, on my wrists. I'm flip flopping between a few ideas. I went in to talk to the studio where I've gone in the pase (and is the best place without having to go deep into Houston) and talked to the guy who does do white ink. This got me way more excited.  BF doesn't hate them at all and he's been thinking about what he wants.  I just wonder if I should be waiting longer to make these decisions/should be making these decisions already since I got my last one in April. 
    Posted by thelamarrs[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>My rules for tattoos: </div><div>
    </div><div>1) Do not get it in a place that will effect any future jobs or photos. (My general rule of thumb is can it be covered convenitenly)</div><div>
    </div><div>2) You must want that specific tattoo for at least six months without wanting any changes to it. </div><div>
    </div><div>I'll leave off my third one because it's for religious reasons. </div><div>
    </div><div>Seriously, I have a tattoo in black ink on my wrist and I love it. I want another one so bad, but FI and I got into a huge fight last week when I talked to him about it. He's incredibly anti-tattoo and nothing I say will change his mind. </div><div>
    </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:e400660c-5b08-4195-aa86-74f323e8f0a5">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm crazy. : Just a note, if you ever plan on going into a profession where visible tattoos are frowned on, you may have to work hard to cover them up. A co-worker of mine has tattoos on her wrists too, and she has to wear watches and big bracelets to cover them up, every single day. Another has a partial sleeve and has to wear at least a 1/2 sleeve cardigan everyday to cover it up. Just food for thought. (I feel like an old fuddy duddy saying "think of the future" but sadly it is true.)
    Posted by LilTexasGal[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, I've definitely thought about this! I definitely appreaciate the thought though. Do many of your co-workers have tattoos?</div><div>
    </div><div>Work is one reason for the white ink, but I also love the way it looks after it's healed.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:775910cf-1854-4c5d-af2f-4451f059c05f">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm crazy. : My rules for tattoos:  1) Do not get it in a place that will effect any future jobs or photos. (My general rule of thumb is can it be covered convenitenly) 2) You must want that specific tattoo for at least six months without wanting any changes to it.  I'll leave off my third one because it's for religious reasons.  Seriously, I have a tattoo in black ink on my wrist and I love it. I want another one so bad, but FI and I got into a huge fight last week when I talked to him about it. He's incredibly anti-tattoo and nothing I say will change his mind. 

FI want a FULL back tattoo, but he keeps changing his mind as to what he wants, so I keep advising him against it until he has wanted the same thing for a while. Honestly, I'd be thrilled if he never got a tattoo though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:e9840aa8-ef75-4460-a922-fe167464aeff">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm crazy. : Yeah, I've definitely thought about this! I definitely appreaciate the thought though. Do many of your co-workers have tattoos? Work is one reason for the white ink, but I also love the way it looks after it's healed.

Yeah, actually more ladies than I expected have tattoos. Even one of the male teachers has his calves totally tatted up. Only a few have tattoos that are visible unless effort is made to cover them up. Most have tats on their back, shoulders, hips, and other places that are covered up naturally.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:775910cf-1854-4c5d-af2f-4451f059c05f">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm crazy. : My rules for tattoos:  1) Do not get it in a place that will effect any future jobs or photos. (My general rule of thumb is can it be covered convenitenly) 2)<strong> You must want that specific tattoo for at least six months without wanting any changes to it. </strong> I'll leave off my third one because it's for religious reasons.  Seriously, I have a tattoo in black ink on my wrist and I love it. I want another one so bad, but FI and I got into a huge fight last week when I talked to him about it. He's incredibly anti-tattoo and nothing I say will change his mind. 

<div>I'll definitely let it sit with me for a while longer. :)</div><div>
    </div><div>And I feel like it'd be tricky if BF didn't want me to get another one, but personally I would probably follow his wishes. </div><div>
    </div><div>Just curious though... why is he so anti-tattoo?</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:5e5c5e8c-9c07-4044-a95c-c54aeacbc411">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm crazy. : Does this mean our engagement is off if I get another tattoo? That would make me sad.

Of course not. 

...But our engagement is an inside joke, so we probably shouldn't talk about it.

(Sorry, Jorja.  I couldn't help myself.)
  • HAHA! Okay so I am watching SYTTD and low an behold this chick has a FULL BACK dragon tattoo and she wants to show it off in her wedding dress but her mom wants it covered. How fitting.
  • Lamar, he just thinks their stupid and tacky. I can't rationally explain his argument because it doesn't make sense to him. 

He thinks the tattoo will change it's meaning (which, duh, but that doesn't mean I'll hate it. A book I read in elementary school has changed meaning to me now, but I still love it) and I'll regret it. 

Crazy thing is, my tattoos are about my faith, something that won't change. And my current one is small, but the one I want is bigger, and I think that scares him. 

Elle, well, as long as we're still on. ;) (oh sh!t, I did it again)

LTG, in my BFF's wedding, her sister (MOH) had a scorpio/libra tatoo across the top half of her back completely visible in all of the wedding pictures of them at the altar. My BFF was NOT happy. 

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm crazy. : My rules for tattoos:  1) Do not get it in a place that will effect any future jobs or photos. (My general rule of thumb is can it be covered convenitenly) 2) You must want that specific tattoo for at least six months without wanting any changes to it.  I'll leave off my third one because it's for religious reasons.  Seriously, I have a tattoo in black ink on my wrist and I love it. <strong>I want another one so bad, but FI and I got into a huge fight last week when I talked to him about it. He's incredibly anti-tattoo and nothing I say will change his mind. </strong>

<div>One reason why I love you. <3 i2i - BF feels the same way your FI, and I feel the same way as you. I have one on my lower back, and desparately want at least one more. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:69249600-0abc-4095-9c55-2b9483d4f761">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm crazy. : One reason why I love you. <3 i2i - BF feels the same way your FI, and I feel the same way as you. I have one on my lower back, and desparately want at least one more. 
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

<div>What are his reasons?</div><div>
    </div><div>FI kept saying "I'm physically sick thinking about you having another tattoo"</div><div>
    </div><div>I wanted to jump across the room and punch him.</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:8d889b1f-5545-43df-9748-ecc7183700d1">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lamar, he just thinks their stupid and tacky. I can't rationally explain his argument because it doesn't make sense to him.  He thinks the tattoo will change it's meaning (which, duh, but that doesn't mean I'll hate it. A book I read in elementary school has changed meaning to me now, but I still love it) and I'll regret it.  Crazy thing is, my tattoos are about my faith, something that won't change. And my current one is small, but the one I want is bigger, and I think that scares him.  Elle, well, as long as we're still on. ;) (oh sh!t, I did it again) LTG, in my BFF's wedding, her sister (MOH) had a scorpio/libra tatoo across the top half of her back <strong>completely visible in all of the wedding pictures of them at the altar</strong>. My BFF was NOT happy. 

Did they photoshop the tattoo out?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:206a173b-1ff4-4aab-982a-58e343f6596b">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm crazy. : Did they photoshop the tattoo out?
    Posted by LilTexasGal[/QUOTE]

<div>Nope. Her photogs were very very expensive and not accomodating at all. Reason #123987 why I didn't hire them and looked for every opposite quality in my own photog.</div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:afef91e3-cdc7-4637-aa2b-aa02c78df639">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm crazy. : What are his reasons? FI kept saying "I'm physically sick thinking about you having another tattoo" I wanted to jump across the room and punch him.

He wants to be a teacher, and a politician (his mom is a county commissioner and is running for township supervisor). He says it isn't professional. <div>
    </div><div>He says I wear tank tops/tube tops/strapless/small strap outfits/shirts and that it would be very difficult to cover up what I want.</div><div>
    </div><div>He hasn't gotten to the point of saying he is physically sick - but damn near. It's so fucking irritating. My tattoo, and the one I am planning/drawing out has very special meaning to me and my fanmily.  Tattoos are a part of who I am, and it irks me to no end that he can't wrap his head around the fact because he wants to be a politician and such.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:319529d5-701e-42dc-a111-5e0b5994695b">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm crazy. : He wants to be a teacher, and a politician (his mom is a county commissioner and is running for township supervisor). He says it isn't professional.  He says I wear tank tops/tube tops/strapless/small strap outfits/shirts and that it would be very difficult to cover up what I want. He hasn't gotten to the point of saying he is physically sick - but damn near.<strong> It's so fucking irritating.</strong> My tattoo, and the one I am planning/drawing out has very special meaning to me and my fanmily.  Tattoos are a part of who I am, and it irks me to no end that he can't wrap his head around the fact because he wants to be a politician and such.
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It is!! FI works in the sports industry where tattoos really aren't a big deal. </div><div>
    </div><div>It's so frustrating. And I'm generally one to say okay, if it bothers you that much, then I won't do it, but this is my body and my choices are mine. 

</div>

• LTG: That's how mine are too! All are covered up if I'm wearing clothes... and I plan on a profession that involves clothing. And I've seen the SYTTD! She was crazy to me. I don't want an upper back/sholder blade tattoo solely because of how I think it will look when I wear open backed dresses. 

Drew: My mom is the same way. She also likes to remind me that in 50 years it will look bad. I don't think I'll be too worried about the state of my tattoos when I'm 70... but thanks for playing. 
    She was so upset when I got my Dad's name tattooed on me that she went as far to tell me he'd be disgusted with me if he were here to see it. 
    Not gonna lie "physically sick" would definitely deter me. Also it would hurt my feelings too.

Irish: I'm amazed at how much your SO (along with Drew's) are against them. I guess I don't see what the harm is if they can be completely covered. 

I just wish sleeves and huge peices were socially acceptable. :(

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:819a0cd6-ad51-4ff3-b0ea-bf8e3085059f">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm crazy. : It is!! FI works in the sports industry where tattoos really aren't a big deal.  It's so frustrating. And I'm generally one to say okay, if it bothers you that much, then I won't do it, but this is my body and my choices are mine. 

<div>It really is. I love BF dearly, and understand his concerns about placement, but the fact that he is saying "no" at all is ...well absolutely ridikulous in my book (Elle did i spell that right?)</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:e5c39227-f5e7-483f-be27-a6b17de6ef4f">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm crazy. : Nope. Her photogs were very very expensive and not accomodating at all. Reason #123987 why I didn't hire them and looked for every opposite quality in my own photog.

If she wanted it taken out of her favorites, it really isn't that hard. FI and I had a picture taken at the lake and there was a truck, a road, a playground, some telephone poles and and boater in an ugly cap in the picture, so using the magic of photoshop I removed them. :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:2b9f6a4f-5dd9-48db-bc7a-82e220ce66bc">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm crazy. : It really is. I love BF dearly, and understand his concerns about placement, but the fact that he is saying "no" at all is ...well absolutely ridikulous in my book (Elle did i spell that right?)
    Posted by IrishDreamer[/QUOTE]

<div>Yep, agree. I just don't get how my tattoo effects his well-being. </div><div>
    </div><div>Lamar, that would piss me off. My mom was furious with me when I got my tattoo (I was 19 and living at home) and told me I would have to answer to my dad. My dad asked me why I got it and what meaning it had and then said "cool." We haven't really talked much about it since. </div>

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:10ba1968-b549-4d93-968c-9e593b7c8f70">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm crazy. :  Lamar, that would piss me off. My mom was furious with me when I got my tattoo (I was 19 and living at home) and told me I would have to answer to my dad. My dad asked me why I got it and what meaning it had and then said "cool." We haven't really talked much about it since. 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It pissed me off big time. She said it just to tear me down. She hates that I have them at all even if she doesn't have to see them.</div><div>
    </div><div>She 'shared' this picture yesterday on her facebook feed:  <a href="http://imgur.com/wMYQS" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/wMYQS</a>  </div><div>
    </div><div>She's very passive agressive about it now.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:ef273970-5b37-4f75-8f72-ea9befa18133">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]LTG: That's how mine are too! All are covered up if I'm wearing clothes...<strong> and I plan on a profession that involves clothing</strong>. And I've seen the SYTTD! She was crazy to me. I don't want an upper back/sholder blade tattoo solely because of how I think it will look when I wear open backed dresses.  Drew: My mom is the same way. She also likes to remind me that in 50 years it will look bad. I don't think I'll be too worried about the state of my tattoos when I'm 70... but thanks for playing.  She was so upset when I got my Dad's name tattooed on me that she went as far to tell me he'd be disgusted with me if he were here to see it.  Not gonna lie "physically sick" would definitely deter me. Also it would hurt my feelings too. Irish: I'm amazed at how much your SO (along with Drew's) are against them. I guess I don't see what the harm is if they can be completely covered.  I just wish sleeves and huge peices were socially acceptable. :(

Good to hear. ;D
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:10ba1968-b549-4d93-968c-9e593b7c8f70">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm crazy. : Yep, agree. I just don't get how my tattoo effects his well-being.  Lamar, that would piss me off. My mom was furious with me when I got my tattoo (I was 19 and living at home) and told me I would have to answer to my dad. My dad asked me why I got it and what meaning it had and then said "cool." We haven't really talked much about it since. 

<div>When my mom found out - she said it looked like a chicken,and wtf was i thinking.</div><div>My grandma flipped the eff out - threatened to disown me and shiiiiiit. My dad asked what the meaning was, and when I told him, he thought it was cool. </div><div>
    </div><div>OMG. When they found out about my belly button ring.... holy fire.... they flipped out just as bad!! </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:b115c98f-5428-40eb-a704-1c25d2bbfcb6">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm crazy. : It pissed me off big time. She said it just to tear me down. She hates that I have them at all even if she doesn't have to see them. She 'shared' this picture yesterday on her facebook feed:  <a href="http://imgur.com/wMYQS" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/wMYQS</a>    She's very passive agressive about it now.

... Wow.
  • audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_please-tell-me-im-crazy?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:b1131bd0-a604-447a-919c-9cd29a713eb5Post:b115c98f-5428-40eb-a704-1c25d2bbfcb6">Re: Please tell me I'm crazy.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Please tell me I'm crazy. : It pissed me off big time. She said it just to tear me down. She hates that I have them at all even if she doesn't have to see them. She 'shared' this picture yesterday on her facebook feed:  <a href="http://imgur.com/wMYQS" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/wMYQS</a>    She's very passive agressive about it now.

<div>Man, all my plans to get my ass tattooed are shattered. </div><div>
    </div><div>Really though, the best possible anti stretch place is the wrist, which is where I have my current one. The only thing that has stopped me from getting another one was not knowing where to put it. </div><div>
    </div><div>Anyways, when my grandson asks about my tattoo I'm going to be so glad to tell him about Jesus and the impact he's made on my life. </div>

• I'm glad I've got some solidarity then. I just don't share as much with her as I used to. i'm coming to learn that if I don't follow my mother's morals she becomes very judgey. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards