Georgia-Savannah

Anyone from Savannah,Ga?

Hello everyone!
     My name is Lacy. My fiancee Daniel is currently deployed to Afghanistan right now. We have our wedding date set for 05/05/12. He is from Atlanta, I am from central MO- but currently reside in TX. We are planning a wedding in Savannah, GA. I'm having a hard time finding venues, especially since I've never been to Savannah & I am SO far away. If there is anyone out there who is from Savannah, or had visited the area I would greatly appreciate any tips. We want to be married outside & would love something with a little character  Big old trees, arches, unique lighting...anything. We are planning an evening wedding & are hoping to rent a venue for 1000.00  or less. Thank you in advance for the help! :)
-Lacy

Re: Anyone from Savannah,Ga?

• edited December 2011
    Hello everyone!
         My name is Lacy. My fiancee Daniel is currently deployed to Afghanistan right now. We have our wedding date set for 05/05/12. He is from Atlanta, I am from central MO- but currently reside in TX. We are planning a wedding in Savannah, GA. I'm having a hard time finding venues, especially since I've never been to Savannah & I am SO far away. If there is anyone out there who is from Savannah, or had visited the area I would greatly appreciate any tips. We want to be married outside & would love something with a little character  Big old trees, arches, unique lighting...anything. We are planning an evening wedding & are hoping to rent a venue for 1000.00  or less. Thank you in advance for the help! :)
    -Lacy
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The easiest way to find someone from that area would be to use the links to the Left of the page. Local Wedding boards and scroll through to find your location!

HTH and Happy Planning.
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto.  Check your local board, and use google.  Then, if you can, try to visit Savannah to see places in person. 

Just out of curiosity, why Savannah?  Just seems like a nice place?  Or do you have some kind of tie to it?
    DSC_9275
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm from Savannah.  It makes sense that she would come here since this is the Savannah board. 
    Anyway, I would look at the squares. You will have to contact the City of Savannah Parks Department to ask if there is an event scheduled for your day and time.  You will then need to aply for an event permit.  
    You will have to plan a trip here to pick.  Each square is different. 
      I was going to suggest The Wormsloe Plantation, but I'm pretty sure the rental fee is more than $1000.  Check it out anyway, it is a beautiful site. 
    There are also several museums with beautiful gardens.  The Ships of the Sea Museum is one of my favorites.  While you are at it, check out the Savannah Botanical Gardens and the Savannah Bamboo Farm. 
    Let me know if you have any other questions. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    The squares are the most reasonable. I think maybe $150 to rent then $80 for security and of course then chairs. Forsyth Park is the biggest with the huge fountain as a back drop. If you google them you could find pictures.  Also try Bethesda boys home(whitfield chapel) it has a beautiful oak covered street leading to a small brick floor and old wooden pew chapel. Savannah is a GREAT choice for a wedding. There is so much to do while you and the wedding party are here. I highly recommend staying at the Bohemian Hotel...outstanding rooms and view of the river. They take very good care of their special guests.
  • edited December 2011
    We live in Atlanta and are getting married at the Davenport House Gardens

http://www.davenporthousemuseum.org/rentals/kennedy-pharmacy/

We liked this venue because it is private and we won't have on lookers from the square during our ceremony.  It is right off a square for beautiful picture.  I would recommend checking it out.
  • ufallyg8rufallyg8r member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Lacy - The best suggestion I can give you is to contact Teresa Earnest from The Savannah Wedding Studios.  She is an amazing photographer and has one of the biggest hearts of anyone I've ever known.  Their are tons of professionals working together to make your day amazing!!!  Go to http://www.theweddingstudios.com for more info.  You can't go wrong with any of them!!!!  Good luck, and happy planning!  ~Ally
  • kira101089kira101089 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are some great pictures of ideas:

• edited December 2011
    You could try Chad Baker at http://coastalsavannahweddings.com. His company does about 200 weddings a year, big and small.
  • sgunnellsgunnell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whitfield chapel is beautiful! Paula Deen, Joe Nichols, and Mandy Moore have been married there. The rental is $750 but there are no restrooms available for use by you or your guest and you cannot have your reception there. So there are ups and downs to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards