Snarky Brides

XP: It's Friday!

Well, here I go again, into the great outdoors. (But we can pee in the chalet at lunchtime)

Day two of taking grade 8s to the nordic ski club for hiking, geocaching and science experiments. The whining is an added bonus!

It's a cool, windy day, which means listening to the kids complain about being tired, hungry AND cold ... because it's perfectly acceptable to wear a tshirt and hoodie hiking in Northern Canada, right?!?

Yesterday was beautiful, and today should be even moreso because it will be sunny. I like that the hiking is not just on the trails, but bushwacking too. I wasn't expecting that yesterday, but I've got my hiking boots on today instead of sneakers, so I'll be even more ready.

When the complaining starts I'm going to preach to the whiners about the best exercise in the world:

SILENT HIKING.

Happy Friday everyone!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: It's Friday!

• Happy Friday!  I hope today FLIES by.  I still have to get in 6 miles before Sunday so I think I'm going to do 4 after work and 2 tomorrow morning.  I'm super excited for this weekend!  It doesn't get much better than football and Mexican food :)

Jenny, sorry your students are being whiny!  They deserve it, though, if they didn't even think to dress appropriately!  Hope your day improves :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good morning, ladies! 

I'm easing into my day with a cup of coffee because my day is pretty open. I have some errands to run and I'm tempted to go shopping but I'm trying to be good!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Happy Friday. I am looking forward to the weekend. I want to hopefully get more of the nursery organized, and I need to clean the bathroom. I plan to go to the gym to swim too. Hopefully both saturday and Sunday. And I need to finish writing and mail my thank you cards from my showers last week. Those will take a while, though I made a good start on them during our flight home last Sunday.
  • Jcb. Blue is for winter. We are not finding out if Fruit Loop is a boy or a girl until he or she arrives. Less than three months. It's getting real. Fast.
  • Lia. I work part time. Mornings only. I kind of like it. Although at this point I don't feel like I do anything too worthwhile with my free afternoons.
  • In Response to Re:XP: It's Friday!:[QUOTE]Three months is going to fly! nbsp;How exciting! nbsp;How are you decorating your nursery? Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

Grey and yellow. With elephants. It's cute. For the time being it also has a queen bed in there and the dresser is in the closet so we also have a functioning guest room in our two bedroom apartment. Since our family is all out of town we needed to still have a place for them when they visit until we get into a house. Hopefully in the spring. Our lease is up in April.
  • I have my weekend pretty much free.  H will be spending time at the Ryder Cup this weekend.  He did say something about going to pick up a new Smart Phone for me on Sunday AM.  He needs to have his looked at and I just qualified for the upgrade, so I'm a little excited about that.  I'm easily pleased.

Yep, 3 months is nothing, Loopy.  I'm so surprised at how fast time flies and it's true, the older you get the faster it goes. :(

• Morning.

TODAY EFFING SUCKS.

That's all I've got.

Oh, and happy almost wedding, Dot!!!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I don't think I'd do an over the top pink or blue nursery even if I did know. My plans for my afternoon are to put away 2 baskets of clean laundry and write some thank yous. That's ambitious enough for me. Shay. Sorry your Friday sucks.
  • Good Morning ladies!

It's been busy here at work this morning, so hence my lateness here.

Loop- I love the elephant theme! Make sure you take some pictures!

This weekend I think we are going to have a date night before h gets so busy he wont come up for air. I want him to take me to the zoo, but dinner and maybe a movie is probably what I'll get.

And I'll probably work on some more wreaths and clean out some more cupboards. Got keep with my deal to myself, plus Christmas is coming too quick and I'm making some of these projects for presents.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Work stuff, unrealistic expectations, my department being used as guinea pigs for new evals that makes us look like mediocre employees while the everyone else here looks awesome.  Gah just a bunch of stupid stuff that I have zero control over.

Also, loopy I love the gray and yellow elephant theme!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Date night sounds like fun. We went for wings an half the football game last night before I couldn't take the chair anymore. Since I got new earrings as a combo anniversary and baby gift I don't expect much else for the rest of the year.
  • Grey and yellow. With elephants. It's cute. For the time being it also has a queen bed in there and the dresser is in the closet so we also have a functioning guest room in our two bedroom apartment. Since our family is all out of town we needed to still have a place for them when they visit until we get into a house. Hopefully in the spring. Our lease is up in April. Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE] That sounds really adorable. Jenny what is geocatching? It is supposed to rain all weekend so FI and I may go to this indoor rock climbing gym this weekend. Sorry for no paragraphs. There is no Internet at my FI house so I have to use my phone. Ugh.
  • Geocaching is kind of like a scavenger hunt with gps's. There are little packages hidden (in the woods) and you use a gps to locate them. When you find them, you sign the paper inside and put it back for the next person to find.

Today's kids were less whiny, and the weather was better, so it was mostly a better day. But I knew that my group had stragglers and of course, I ended up at the back, trying to get them to move faster. We got separated from the group, one girl was wearing soft moccassin(sp?) shoes and no socks - she fell in the mud and was dehydrated. By the time we gave her some juice, we lost the rest of the group and took a wrong turn. I'm still rolling my eyes at the number of kids who showed up inappropriately dressed.

Elephants are cute for a nursery. I did a burgundy/denim Sesame Street nursery for ds and a soft green, fairy theme for dd.

Man, am I pooped - glad it's eating out night!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards