New York-Hudson Valley

THRILLED! (kinda long--Gown-related!)

I went on my very first dress-trying outing last night, and I was TERRIFIED because I had just had a less than successful NORMAL shopping trip to Kohls the night before.... Anyway, I went to Lavinia's Bridal, and she tried a ton of different styles on me... Then, she tried a Maggie Sottera (that I wouldn't have been able to afford to order) sample on me, in my size, and I FELL IN LOVE. Bought the sample. No need to even LOOK any further! It's everything I could have wanted.

I'm cancelling my David's Bridal appointment for Monday, :)

I am SOOOOO happy! She let me take photos in all the ones I liked prior to that one then a TON in that one... Now I have to resist showing EVERYONE my gown because it has to be a surprise!

I couldn't be a happier bride at the moment. All my fears of a long, ridiculous, drawn out, tear-filled, gown shopping experience are gone and I have the perfect designer dress that fits my budget! She said only one other girl had even tried the sample on, and it looks brand new!

Just venting my happiness here :)

Regina

Re: THRILLED! (kinda long--Gown-related!)

• ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Regina...that is awesome!!!!! You could show us ;) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • ReginaB13ReginaB13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You twisted my arm :)
    Imagine it 3 sizes smaller please, 'cause that's the goal, and she says she wont have a problem altering it there.

• BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    edited December 2011
    That looks fabulous on you! Absolutely nothing wrong with a sample either. Mine was and it was great, no pulls, stains or flaws, it was perfect. Congrats!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's something I honestly never would have tried on based on how it looked hanging there... I put it on and was like " whoa! That's it!!!" She's like " Okay, so we'll write down your 3 favorites and go from there"  I was like " No... I mean it... That's IT! I want that dress!"

:)
  • Meliss5178Meliss5178 member
    edited December 2011
    What a beautiful dress! You look gorgeous, congrats on finding "the one"!!
  • edited December 2011
    Love that gown on you. Congrats on the great find.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! That looks so pretty on you! Beautiful dress!
  • ssagessage member
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful and looks great on you.

I agree with jaimie...nothing wrong with a sample that is in good condition...I unfortunately was never a sample size LOL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    you look beautfiul congrats!
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Photobucket image
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats!!! I know the feeling on wanting to show you dress to everyone :P It def. is a thrilling feeling when you find the one! I am so happy for you!
  • MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY for you Regina! I had the same experience....but I was going for the Maggie Sottero look and ended up w/ Casablanca. I'm soooo fricken happy!
    I too thought it was going to be a loooooooooooooong drawn out saga...for one because I'm still losing weight and I didn't think I would like anything on me and secondly, I'm picky :-)  Safe to say, I'm going back inmid September to be measured...I want to see what I can do it 2mos. 

My concern is if I continue to lose weight (which I plan on doing) the issue is its a fitted dress and the girl at the boutique told me since its a fitted dress if they have to take in a lot it might mess up the look of the beading <grrr /> I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. 

Case in point - I did the same thing in terms of my dress - only showed you guys and my sister and I said well picture me 3 - 4 sizes smaller hahahaha

Good Luck Regina!  I'm walking on air with you :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Fantastic! Congratulations! Yeah, I definitely need to be re-measured as well by September, to see where I'm at by that point. Although, Lavinia says with that dress I can lose up to 55 lbs and still be fine for alterations... LoL, problem is that my goal is 60, but.... I'm kind of just hoping for the best!!!

:)

ENJOY YOUR GOWN! And enjoy the weight loss process. I am down 24 so far since the beginning of April, and I feel so great already!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Regina I sent you a private message
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Replied :)
  • edited December 2011
    So happy for you! The dress is gorgeous on you right now! 
    WriterLisaDale * My Blog Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Regina - I answered your reply :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards