Mississippi

Photography Question

Hey girls! I'm just scouting around for my wedding next June and I had a question about photographers. How much did you/will you spend on your photographer? Also, do you have any suggestions for someone in the Jackson area? Thanks in advance!

Re: Photography Question

• LDYGTR13LDYGTR13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Mel, I think I may have talked to you about photogs before, but whatever. I spent $800 on my photographer - she is a friend and she cut me a deal. It really all depends on what you want - I really wish I had given my friend more direction, so make sure you write down shots you want, etc.

Good luck!
  • melbelle24melbelle24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LDY, yes you did talk to me about this before.. My wedding date got rescheduled thanks to FI and the Marine Corps, so I'm still planning and trying to find the best deals on everything. All the photographers I've found online cost $2000+, and I was just wanting to see if that was normal or if google was only showing me the highest priced ones. $800 seems like an awesome deal though, and your pics are awesome! Kudos to your friend!  Smile
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!
    What area are you looking in north or south? I found a photographer that has a $600 and $800 package. Her work that I've seen is great. I believe she's in Bay St. Louis (southern MS).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Our wedding date is June 2, 2012

104 invited 77 accepted! 27 can't make it Finally tracked down the procrastinators!

• melbelle24melbelle24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually more central MS (Jackson area)... I wouldn't mind paying somebody to travel if they would, I just want a good photographer without paying a completely ridiculous amount of money for it!
  • edited December 2011
    It really depends on what you want from your photog. We are paying a bit more  than I thought we would but our photographer is amazing and so far has been really great to work with, and we are getting a ton of pics  on a CD with all of the rights to them. That was what is important to us when looking. My FIs sister is photographer so we can get all of the prints really cheap. I know a lot of great photographers in the area, but it was really difficult to find someone in MS that offered a hi. res. disc. Our Photog is Lauren Lidell but you should also look into Dave Vowell and Alisa Chapman. All of them have websites.
  • LDYGTR13LDYGTR13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Dgw0385Dgw0385 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have found a couple photographers around Columbus, ms from 300 and up. I am torn between two different photographers offering a package with all prints on a cd for $500. I suggest you look on facebook for local photographers. that is how I found mine.
  • edited December 2011
    sent you a private message:)

www.christinaheaston.com
  • ALbride2BALbride2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Journey Photography Group. Their prices start at $800. I believe they are based in Mobile, AL but they are available for travel. Here is a link to their blog, http://journeyphotographygroup.com/blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards