September 2013 Weddings

Introductions!

124»

Re: Introductions!

• Wedding Date: 9/1/13

Wedding Location: Cocoa Beach, FL

Wedding Colors: Navy and Hot Pink

Wedding Theme: Since its on the beach, I guess beachy?

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): about 18k

Number of guests: 62

How long have you been with your significant other? 3 years and 8 months

Length of engagement: Dec 25, 2012 to Sep 1, 2013

City/State where you live/work: Orlando, FL

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I'm an accountant and he's a chemist

Any kids or furbabies? 2 Chihuahuas - Beast and Bellini and a 5 month old Husky/Wolf mix - Blizzard

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Getting to finally marry my love

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Support and advice

Any other comments or fun facts about you? I'll get back to ya Wink

***September 2013 March Siggy Challenge: Hair Inspiration***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wedding Date:  Sept 7, 2013

Wedding Location:  Rockport, Texas

Wedding Colors:  Tan, White, Greem, Coral

Wedding Theme:  Beachy Rustic

Wedding Budget (if you care to share):  $5k

Number of guests:  60

How long have you been with your significant other?  2 years

Length of engagement:  1 1/2 years

City/State where you live/work:  Austin

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do?  Acting coach/Casting director; He:  refurbushes fitness equipment

Any kids or furbabies?  2 babies

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding:  not sure yet

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board?  questions answered

Any other comments or fun facts about you?

• Wedding Date: September 15th

Wedding Location: St. Pete Beach, FL

Wedding Colors: Not sure yet

Wedding Theme: Beach

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): $5k

Number of guests: 20

How long have you been with your significant other? 1.5 years

Length of engagement: 7 months

City/State where you live/work: Columbus, GA

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I am the office manager at an animal hospital and he is retired Army

Any kids or furbabies? We have two dogs

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Marrying my best friend

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Ideas for the ceremony

Any other comments or fun facts about you? I was a wedding planner for seven years in Atlanta before moving to Columbus to be with my man.

• Wedding Date:September 14,2013

Wedding Location: Waters edge resort and spa

Wedding Colors: Balck, White with a touch of emerald green

Wedding Theme: I dont really have one I would say traditional with modern touches

Wedding Budget (if you care to share):30K

Number of guests:200

How long have you been with your significant other? 6 years

Length of engagement: it will have been about 11 month and 1 week

City/State where you live/work: Hartford, Connecticut 

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I am nurse and he works for a start up company in Boston

Any kids or furbabies? Nope but he is already talking about a dog

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: The party :-) 

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? ideas and advice and a good laugh or two

Any other comments or fun facts about you? I am the worst bride ever now that the party is planned I cannot stand the details 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • janellegt13janellegt13 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2013

Wedding Date:September 28, 2013

Wedding Location: dock580 in Columbus, OH

Wedding Colors: Gray, Teal and Mustard but I haven't really been sticking to those too much

Wedding Theme:Kind of rustic-ecclectic-vintagey

Wedding Budget (if you care to share):30K-ish? Or less, hopefully. 

Number of guests: 150

How long have you been with your significant other? 3.5 years

Length of engagement: Since last August. 

City/State where you live/work: Columbus, OH 

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? : We both work in Marketing departments (for different companies). 

Any kids or furbabies? We have a 7 year old yorkie named Dorito. He's not very well behaved but he's really cute!

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Getting to make all these big decisions together! It's not always easy and we don't always agree but I feel like we're learning even more about each other and how to compromise.

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board?: Some good ideas and a place to vent every now and then!

Any other comments or fun facts about you?: I'm pretty determined to get a dinosaur cake topper for our wedding cake but so far my FI is having none of it. We'll see...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wedding Date: Wedding Location: Tucson, AZ Tanque Verde Guest Ranch Wedding Colors: Navy, blush, and silver Wedding Theme: Vintage Southern Charm Wedding Budget if you care to share: 30,000 Number of guests: 120 How long have you been with your significant other? 1 year Length of engagement: little over a year City/State where you live/work: Tucson, AZ What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I work for a bank as a mortgage and investment officer. He is a police recruit. Any kids or furbabies? No Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: knowing that at the end I'll be married to my best friend! What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Advice and ideas Any other comments or fun facts about you? I'm having a blast planning my wedding so far, and can't wait until it's here!
  • Wedding Date: 9/15/13

Wedding Location: Arlington, Wa

Wedding Colors: Working that out now....more neutral hues

Wedding Theme: I guess rustic?

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): $10k total...out the door.

Number of guests: Approx. 125

How long have you been with your significant other? 2.5 yrs

Length of engagement: Got engaged 12/27/11

City/State where you live/work: Everett, Wa

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I'm a vet tech, he's a welder/fabricator/mechanic/painter.....he does just about everything. lol

Any kids or furbabies? 2 SS's, 3 dogs, 3 kittens, hamster, and a billion fish!

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: I'm just excited to be getting married. I'm honestly stressing more than anything.

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Support that I'm not too crazy trying to pull this off in 6mths. And to swap stories. lol

Any other comments or fun facts about you? I love modding cars, obsessed w/ Oreo cookies and I'm a recovering Mt. Dew addict. :P

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wedding Date: September 21, 2013

Wedding Location: Kentucky

Wedding Colors: Bright colors, Pink, Blue, Orange, ect.

Wedding Theme: No set theme

Number of guests: 50

How long have you been with your significant other: Friends for 7 years, been together for 2 and a half years.

Length of engagement: February 2013 until September 2013

City/State where you live/work: Louisville

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do?: I'm a stay at home mom, he goes to school full time and works full time.

Any kids or furbabies?: A beautiful 1 year old little girl.

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Planning together.

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board?: Ideas, and help staying on track.. I'm already so behind!

• kgautreakgautrea member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2013

Welcome to the September 2013 board!

By way of introduction, please fill out this brief questionnaire. We’re so glad you’re here!

Wedding Date:  September 28, 2013

Wedding Location:  New Orleans, LA

Wedding Colors:  Blue, Pink, Gray

Wedding Theme: Modern Romance _If you call that a theme

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): We are trying to call in favors and network and keep it under 10,000

Number of guests: 150-200

How long have you been with your significant other? 7 years

Length of engagement: Not officially engaged, I guess we just decided it was time to get married and here we are planning a wedding.

City/State where you live/work: 

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I investigate practical nurses and my husband is a chef.

Any kids or furbabies? 5 total, 1 each from previous relationships and 3 together

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: visioning the final product

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? a sense of normalcy...to know i'm not the only one behind on something or feeling overwhelmed.  

Any other comments or fun facts about you? i am trying to tackle being a DIY bride, lord help me.

• Wedding Date:  September 1, 2013
    Wedding Location:  Pompton Lakes, NJ
    Wedding Colors: Navy and Yellow
    Wedding Theme:  Fairytale
    Wedding Budget (if you care to share):  keeps increasing!!!
    Number of guests:  175
    How long have you been with your significant other?  2 1/2 years
    Length of engagement:  10 month
    City/State where you live/work:  New Jersey
    What do you do for a living? What does your partner do?  I'm a teacher and my fiance is in charge of operations for a minor league baseball team!
    Any kids or furbabies? a pug named Riley
    Most exciting thing about planning a wedding:  everything!!!
    What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board?  help with any questions I may have and also maybe meet some people going through the same things as me!!
    Any other comments or fun facts about you?  Just excited for the big day :)
  • Wedding Date: Sept 21/2013

Wedding Location: Niagara Region, Canada (at a rustic winery)

Wedding Colors: Chocolate brown and ivory

Wedding Theme: Rustic-vineyard

Number of guests: 50

How long have you been with your significant other? Approx. 7 years

Length of engagement: 13 months

City/State where you live/work: Toronto, Canada (Mississauga)

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I'm a nanny and my FI is a manager at an energy company.

Any kids or furbabies? None

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: It's making me feel even closer to my FI and I love sharing it with my family.

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Support, encouragement, 

Any other comments or fun facts about you? I'm so happy for all the brides-to-be!

"It's always better when we're together." -Jack Johnson
  • Wedding Date: 9.7.13

Wedding Location: Savannah, GA

Wedding Colors: colors of the Pride of Scotland tartan: purple, blue and green, but mostly purple and grey.

Wedding Theme: casual, fun and romantic, embracing our Irish heritage!

Wedding Budget: about $25,000

Number of Guests: 120

How long have you been with your significant other: our wedding day will be 2 years!

Length of engagement: September 7th 2012- September 7th 2013

City/State where you live/work: Savannah, GA

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? We are both graduate students at the Savannah College of Art and Design. I'm studying Furniture Design and he's studying Film as a Cinematographer.

Any kids or furbabies? Just our precious pups, lab/hound mixes Liam and Lana!

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: This is pretty much a destination wedding for everyone but us, so it's really exciting to plan an event that shows all the people we love this amazing town we live in and that our relationship grew in.

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board: Solutions when I run into dilemmas!

Any other fun facts about you? We got engaged a year after the day we met, and we're getting married exactly a year after we got engaged.

• Wedding Date: September 14, 2013

Wedding Location: Holland, MI

Wedding Colors: Purple, Blue, Green and Off White

Wedding Theme: Vintage/backyard I suppose

Number of guests: Roughly 50

How long have you been with your significant other? Since February 21st of 2012

Length of engagement: April 26th 2012 - September 13th 2013.

City/State where you live/work: Grand Rapids, MI and Lansing, MI

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I am a fulltime student, work part time at a shoe store and seasonal for a photography company. He works at a webhosting company and goes to school full time.

Any kids or furbabies? Two cats with a couple of dogs in our near future

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Watching my imagination come to life and enjoying spending time with FI and getting to know his creative side a bit more.

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Some ease of mind knowing I might not be the only person going bananas stressing over the planning.

Any other comments or fun facts about you? We just moved our wedding date from November 2014 to this September! Yikes!! I'm so happy and cannot wait for the big day!

• Wedding Date: September 21

Wedding Location: Central Massachusetts

Wedding Colors: Royal Blue, Apple Green & Ivory

Wedding Theme: Green Apple Fall Theme

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): $15K

Number of guests: 160

How long have you been with your significant other? Since January of 2006 - Almost 8 years at the wedding.

Length of engagement: 18 Months

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I am the Advertising Sales Manager at an arena and convetion center. He is a merchandiser at a home improvment store.

Any kids or furbabies? 2 cats <3

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: I am very creative and love planning things. I also love not paying full price for something. Everytime I get a good deal or save money on something I am pumped!!!

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Ideas and support

Any other comments or fun facts about you? Random fact - I hate chocolate

Anniversary
  • Wedding Date: September 21st, 2013!

Wedding Location: Our church

Wedding Colors: Black & white

Wedding Theme: Mostly just simple and elegant. A little bit of a vintage feel with pearls/lace accents.

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): itsy bitsy :) We're having a tiny wedding by choice, though, so the budget doesn't need to be big!

Number of guests: 50-60

How long have you been with your significant other?: 2 wonderful years so far!

Length of engagement: Just under 6 months

City/State where you live/work: Fernandina Beach, FL

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do?: I am a full-time student and a part-time supervisor in the retail industry; he is a pipe fitter for navy ships

Any kids or furbabies?: nope!

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: The fact that when it's all said and done, I'll be married to my soulmate!

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board?: Something to help base my timeline off of, since we're all september brides!

Any other comments or fun facts about you?: I will not be carrying a floral bouquet, but rather a DIY bouquet of pearl beads!

• Wedding Date: September 14, 2013

Wedding Location: Alpine Country Club - Cranston, RI

Wedding Colors: Purple & White

Wedding Theme: Modern

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): Approx $20,000

Number of guests: Approx 150

How long have you been with your significant other? 8 years on June 25th. :)

Length of engagement: 1.5 years

City/State where you live/work: Attleboro, MA

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? Accounting / Valet

Any kids or furbabies? Daughter Avery, 8. Furbabies Rita & Peter (our cats).

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Seeing everything coming together

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Just to see other bride's style, opinion, and how they'll be celebrating their big day!

• Wedding Date: September 21, 2013

Wedding Location: Cumming, GA

Wedding Colors: Autumn colors

Wedding Theme: Autumn

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): I have no idea, most everything has been bought and taken care of already...little by little

Number of guests: 200

How long have you been with your significant other? 6 years

Length of engagement: 2 years and 5 months, so far

City/State where you live/work: Dahlonega, GA

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I am a stay at home mom, he is an executive chef

Any kids or furbabies? Almost 4 year old son, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 Oscar, and 3 other fish

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Being finished with the planning, lol

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Support, maybe more ideas

Any other comments or fun facts about you? We were originally getting married last November, but postponed at the last minute...that's why I pretty much have everything taken care of already.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wedding Date: September 28th Wedding Location: The Mast Farm Inn- Valle Crucis, NC Wedding Colors: mint, peach, gold Wedding Theme: vintage, destination, fun! Wedding Budget (if you care to share): $20,000-ish Number of guests: 135 How long have you been with your significant other? Over 3 years Length of engagement: currently 5 months City/State where you live/work: Charlotte, NC What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I'm a 3rd grade teacher and he is an art director for television. Any kids or furbabies? One cat, Isabelle Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Dress shopping was great. Getting to see friends and family more often for parties and planning. Getting to go visit What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Support, it's also just fun to read what everyone else
  • Wedding Date: 9/22/2013

Wedding Location: Powell Gardens - Kingsville, MO

Wedding Colors: Peach & Ivory

Wedding Theme: Garden/Vintage

Wedding Budget (if you care to share): 10,000

Number of guests: 120-140

How long have you been with your significant other? 2.5 years

Length of engagement: 7 months at the time of the wedding

City/State where you live/work: Kansas City area

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I work in finance, my fiance does duct work/insulation 

Any kids or furbabies? We have a daughter who is a year and 1/2

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Picking out decor :)

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Advice, and hopefully calm my pre wedding anxiety!!! 

Any other comments or fun facts about you? My fiance and I have been best friends for 7 years and have even been roommates on 2 occasions before we asked ourselves, 'why on earth haven't we tried dating?' !

• Welcome to the September 2013 board!

By way of introduction, please fill out this brief questionnaire. We’re so glad you’re here!

Wedding Date: September 21, 2013

Wedding Location: Bretz's Widlife Lodge & Winery of Carlyle, IL

Wedding Colors: Slate blue & Eggplant Purple

Wedding Theme: Simple Chic

Wedding Budget (if you care to share):

Number of guests:450

How long have you been with your significant other? 8 Years

Length of engagement: 1 year & 7 months - No rushing this couple

City/State where you live/work: Live in Carlyle, Il and work in St. Louis, MO

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I work as a Facilities Coordinator for a large food Chain. My fiance is a Land Agent for Marathon Pipeline

Any kids or furbabies? 2 Furbabies - Reese - Chocolate Lab and Cookie - Golden Retriever

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: I really love the involvement of my family and friends! I'm not going to lie I loved picking the dress out the most.

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? New group of friends for support, opionions and ideas

Any other comments or fun facts about you? 4 months until the big day & I'm so excited!!!!

• Wedding Date: September 28, 2013

Wedding Location: Golden, Colorado

Wedding Colors:  Green/Coral

Wedding Theme: Mountain/Earthy (We don't really have a set theme, we're just letting the setting and location guide the way).

Wedding Budget (if you care to share):  $8,000.00

Number of guests: 45

How long have you been with your significant other? March 4th, 2012, but we actually met 16 years ago in high school.

Length of engagement: 6 months

City/State where you live/work: Denver, Colorado

What do you do for a living? What does your partner do? I am a Bookkeeper, he is a software Product Manager

Any kids or furbabies? I have a 13 year old, he has a 6 year old and we have three cats (Shadow, Bella and Fez), two dogs (Zoey and Gizmo) and two geckos (Rango and Lizzie).

Most exciting thing about planning a wedding: Tough question! Um, I suppose planning all those details I have dreamed about since I was a little girl. 

What do you hope to get out of frequenting this board? Ideas and support!

Any other comments or fun facts about you? Other than we clearly love animals and live in a zoo? Nope! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards