North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham
Options

Reception area needed close to Downtown Raleigh

Help!  I'm looking for a reception location downtown Raleigh that will accomodate 150 guests and allows you to bring in an outside caterer.  Does anyone have any ideas? 

Re: Reception area needed close to Downtown Raleigh

• Options
    ktyd8ktyd8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the NC Bride bio and you may find more help on the main North Carolina board.

NC Bride Bio: http://www.ncbridebio.com
    ~Kaitlyn~
    Anniversary
    My Chart
    DX PCOS 2002 @ age 14
    DX Diabetes 3/12
    My Diabetes Blog
    TTA until ?
  • Options
    dancr214dancr214 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The North Carolina Museum of History allows you to bring in an outside caterer and it is downtown at 5 East Edenton Street!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

FYI about the Museum of History. They have a list of caterers so if the one you are thinking of using is not on the  list, they won't be able to serve there. The ones are their list are really good though.

HTH

• Options
    krispychikinkrispychikin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haywood Hall is another option.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Museum of Natural History and All Saints Chapel allow outside caterers.
  • Options
    Loved0603Loved0603 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Royal Banquet... It is somewhere on or near Hillsborough Street.
  • Options
    nakevarnakevar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at the Grand Marquise Ballroom in Garner, NC.  It's less than 10 mins from downtown on hwy 70.  It just opened in October, and I promise you, there is nothing this pretty/elegant in the Raleigh area!  They allow outside catering, and do not have a preferred list you have to choose from.  Good luck!
  • Options
    anniechu10anniechu10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I hadn't already booked my reception hall, this would have been it: http://www.cobblestonehall.com/weddings.html
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just watched the video for the Grand Marquise Ballroom  - WOW!!! It looks STUNNING! I'm going to have to drag FI out there to look!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm seriously considering having my wedding at the Grand Marquise...can anybody offer any suggestions?  I've been to the website and seen the gorgeous pictures, but since they are fairly new they don't have any reviews.  How is it working with the staff?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards