Hawaii

Ceremony Ideas on Maui

Just started planning for a wedding on Maui in May.  My fiance and I are trying to keep it at a lower cost as we are having a reception when we return home.  Any ideas on a good beach to have a small (20 ppl)  ceremony on in Maui?  What is better west or south? Also, any ideas for a nice outdoor dinner afterwards? (Would really like to be outside beside the ocean for dinner...) Thanks! I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed...

Re: Ceremony Ideas on Maui

• edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome to the board! You've come to the right place.  The gals here are very helpful and supportive. I had my wedding at Makena Cove.   All my information is in my planning bio. 

Good luck and happy planning!
    Ruth

• edited December 2011
    No worries...you have hit the jackpot for planning.  AND WELCOME!

Check out jackcody's Maui Planning Guide:
    http://mauiweddingplanning.weebly.com/

West & South are both nice.  It depends what you want, and where you & your guests want to stay.  I think the South tends to be windier in the afternoons, so if you're really on the sand, you may want to stay West.  You can also consider non-sand, ocean front options including private estates, resorts, golf clubs, and restaurants.

How "nice" of a dinner are you looking for? Five Palms (Kihei) seems to be a very popular on this board as an ocean-side restaurant for dinner, as is Mama's Fish House (North, by the airport).  Merriman's is also popular.  You can find good places either West or South, so really...which side of the island to you prefer? :-)
  • maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and congrats!!! The majority of beach weddings i would say happen in the South...makena, makena cove or wailea beach are very popular.  Resto really depends on $, location of ceremony and where you and your guests are staying.  Another alternative to a resto is a luau...i've heard great things about the old lahaina luau and the feast at lele...both are in the west, however you can still have your ceremony in the south. You may want to contact a few WCs as well.  The Hawaiian knotties are extremely knowledgeable and helpful...you came to the right place. HTH! J. :-)
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!
  • I got engaged a few weeks ago and I'm already overwhelemed.  I'm looking for a great wedding planner. I'm having 12 ppl at the wedding. I'm looking in Maui. Any suggestions for a wedding planner and ceremony ideas? I was thinking a beach wedding?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards