Maine

Another Venue Request!

Hi All,

I think I have looked through all the postings on this blog, and at every venue on the web but I am still having a hard time finding something I can afford and love! I am hoping that will everyone's experience they can find something to fit my vision! I am looking for a "unique" venue. I don't want something really out there but examples of places I love (but can't afford) are The Crane Estate, French's Point, and The Cranwell Resort. I love old stonework mansions or big estates. I don't want anything rustic, in a barn or tent. I am looking to have 125 guests for an indoor reception and I am willing to spend a max of $15,000 on food, alcohol and venue (all taxes and fees included). I would like something that is elegant, not too resorty and has places to stay near by. Anywhere in ME, VT, NH and central to northern MA are ok. Please help a future bride out!! Thank you!
Check out my wedding blog for great New England venues! http://anewenglandwedding.blogspot.com/

Re: Another Venue Request!

• Morgan Hill Event Center. 
  • I'm getting married, and having a wedding weekend with family and friends at Skiesta. See www.skiesta.us.
  • @miss Thank you for the suggestion!

@Sefani How many ppl are you having at one of these locations? It looks like a great idea but I'm not sure it could hold all our guests.
    Check out my wedding blog for great New England venues! http://anewenglandwedding.blogspot.com/
  • Did you try the Whitehall Inn in Camden? Greg is one of the owners and is wonderful to work with. I'm sure if you let him know your plans he will come up with something for you. Good luck.
  • The Landing at Pine Point....Scarborough Me.....check it out!!!
  • The Landing at Pine Point....Scarborough Me.....check it out!!!
  • I love the look of the The Landing at Point Point! Thanks for the suggestion!
  • My best friend just had her wedding at the Landing in September and it is beautiful there, just be careful as they are solely catered by Black Tie co (out of Portland) now and depending on your menu choices they can get expensive fairly quickly. Though when I was still considering using another of their venues, I did have a good experience working with some of their staff!

Fun fact from a local as well The Landing used to be a church, hence the AMAZING ceilings heights.
  • Does anyone know how much The Landing costs roughly?

• Looking to have my ceremony at the chapel in Laurel Hill Cemetary in Saco. However I can't seem to find a venue I am really in love with for a reception. I am into rustic, shabby chic or vintage type places, however I cannot afford a place over probably $3,500. My wedding will have between 100-125 people. Any ideas will help! Thanks!
  • I'm having my ceremony at the Laurel Hill chapel, have you booked it yet? I only ask because I got lucky when reserving, they only had one weekend open in October and it happened to by "my" weekend.
    Also, I'm having the reception at the North Dam Mill in Biddeford, which you might like since it definitely has a rustic feel to it without breaking the bank. It's really just a big room that you can make whatever you want but with all the exposed brick, beams and wooden floor it's pretty cool and definitely different.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards