Georgia-Atlanta

Help me pick my dress!

I'm debating between two dresses and would love your imput!

Dress #1- David's Bridal 9YP3344. The picture really doesn't do the dress any justice. It's the fit n flare stlye and it looks amazing on. It is lace and has just the right amount of "bling" for me. It's $850.

Dress #2- From an ebay seller in China. I'm sure it's a knock off but it's only $200. I love the back but I'm not sure I like the high neck. I can always have it altered or even made by a seamstress locally.

Re: Help me pick my dress!

• I love the lace on dress #2. I'm not a fan of the high neck, but I like the shape of the dress, but I'm very weary of buying something this important online (that you can't try on. Sometimes you can try on a dress in a store and buy it for less online, but that's doesn't seem to be the case here). Especially from a private seller in China. I know ebay has safeguards in place, but they can't always be foolproof. 

I like dress #1 too. It's funny, but you can totally see the fit and flare shape better from the back looking at those two pics you posted. It's hard to make a decision since they are soooo different. I like things about each of them, but I think in this case piece of mind wins. I'd definitely pay more and go with the DB dress, or if you pick dress 2, be prepared for it to come in amazing, or come in looking like a total knock off, and having to get a back-up if need be. 

Good luck!
  • I love the first dress. Be careful about dresses from China, there have been a lot of posts on the Attire board that have warned against it. I'm sure Ebay is different, just be careful.
  • Let me ask you a question: How much time is left before your wedding and can you risk a $200 purchase that you won't get back. If there is a good amount of time before your wedding and you can comfortably lose $200 then I would say you can try dress number two (that's my favorite). The reason is that often knock off sellers from China will take JUST over the period that you can open a dispute (3 months I think?) before they send your dress. When you finally to recieve it, it's either VERY poorly made or not even finished if you get anything at all. Sure, it MIGHT work out, but it might also become a nightmare. Honestly though, some people might consider it an acceptable risk. I personally do not, but I am on a fairly low budget. 

• The wedding is October of 2013 so I have tons of time and can risk losing the $200. Dress #2 is my favorite because it is different. I ordered a sample of the material from the seller and figured if I didn't like it I could resell it on eBay
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_help-me-pick-my-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:57cf6fed-fc37-4796-a6ea-aaaf9deeb0afPost:1e74d5a6-e7de-41cb-8127-8572839724b4">Re: Help me pick my dress!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The wedding is October of 2013 so I have tons of time and can risk losing the $200. Dress #2 is my favorite because it is different. I ordered a sample of the material from the seller and figured if I didn't like it I could resell it on eBay
    Posted by princessannie12[/QUOTE]

<div>In that case then definitely go with number 2 : )</div>
  • I absolutely love the lace dress! I think it is the clear winner :)
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
  • I like number 2 the best. I always wonder though if that high lace is ichy in your neck. 
  • Both dresses are very pretty, but I wouldn't buy your dress off eBay, I had an issue oon eBay, and lost my money. Plus you really need to try on dresses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards