South Carolina-Charleston
Options

KY couple trying to plan a Charleston Wedding! Venue Help!!! please!!!

So I am living in KY and in the beginning stages of planning a Charleston Wedding. So far I have looked at Magnolia Plantation, Middleton Place, Creek Club at I'On, The Island House and a few more. I love the looks of all of them. Thinking an outdoor ceremony...150-200 guests. And leaning towards buffet/ heavy h'orderves. But I need help with these vendors as much to my dismay I will not be able to visit the site before booking, as we really need to book by the end of this week. So I'm asking you all to help me with your experiences and opinions! Please any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

xxx

Re: KY couple trying to plan a Charleston Wedding! Venue Help!!! please!!!

• Options
    We had a small wedding at Middleton Plantation, so I have no experience with a large catered wedding at this venue. But I will say they were wonderful to work with and we didnt pick our ceremony site till the day before our wedding (also a destination wedding).

We got married at the Rice pond in the chapel, we were supposed to get married under the tree there, but it rained a little, so make sure to have a back up plan.

It was beautiful there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My daugher got married at the William Aiken House downtown.  We had 150 guests, had the ceremony on site, and heavy hors d'oeuvres.  It was a beautiful venue and the catering was spectacular!!  Let me know if you want any more info.
    Congratulations!!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Could you enlighten me on some budgetary guidelines? I am trying to get in touch with caterers around the area for estimates but I guess with the holiday season upon us they are proving hard to get in touch with! Like food/beverage, flowers, band, rentals for chairs and tables etc? Thank you so much!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_ky-couple-trying-to-plan-a-charleston-wedding-venue-help-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:393f4f4e-1c2c-4a48-82f2-98531aca643aPost:f4a5b8de-54e5-4b9a-b263-984fbf618e27">Re: KY couple trying to plan a Charleston Wedding! Venue Help!!! please!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Could you enlighten me on some budgetary guidelines? I am trying to get in touch with caterers around the area for estimates but I guess with the holiday season upon us they are proving hard to get in touch with! Like food/beverage, flowers, band, rentals for chairs and tables etc? Thank you so much!
    Posted by Choftalynch[/QUOTE]

I sent you a private mesage with my email message if you would like info on budget, venues etc.  Would be more than happy to help!!
  • Options
    I got married at the Gibbes Museum in September.  It was a fantastic venue.  The back yard is basically an open canvas and the museum has a few rooms where you can do different things, we got married upstairs under the stained glass atrium and had cocktail hour througout the museum and then had a tent in the backyard.  I HIGHLY HIGHLY reccomend working with Duvall Events, especially if you are out of town.  We live in Chicago and they were fantastic.  Our guests gave rave reviews to the food and decor.  We were able to use Duvall for everything.  I am going to write up a longer review of them shortly but they were outstanding.
    If you would like more information, feel free to send me a direct message as this is all fairly fresh for me.
  • Options
    With that many guests you can cross Creek Club off of your list.  I absolutely loved the space and location but it was too small for my wedding and we were at 125.  I also looked at Island House but because I got married in hurricane season I was too paranoid to have everything outside.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards