Wisconsin

Budget Milwaukee Wedding Reception Venues

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone knows of budget reception venues in the Milwaukee area?

We are considering the Bavarian Inn, Serb Hall, and the Bay View Brew Haus currently and could use some reviews of these places or suggestions for other places.  

Thanks!!!

Re: Budget Milwaukee Wedding Reception Venues

• edited December 2011
    How many people and what are you looking to spend?
    344image 200image 144image 0imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • mrsnkernermrsnkerner member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    150 people and we are looking to spend about $8000 on the wedding total not including flowers, beer, honeymoon or the rehearsal dinner.
  • edited December 2011
    Depending what time of the year and what day, Lakefront Brewery has not to high of minimums. We are doing a "high" time (Saturday next June) and the minimum is 9000. But that includes food and any beer, and no room charge.  If you are under the minimum then they just charge you a little for the room. Sorry I am not sure how much.   You may want to try Polish center of milwaukee too- its in Franklin but it is a really pretty building and I don't think it is too expensive either. Hope that helps!
    344image 200image 144image 0imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were looking at the Lakefront Brewery until we found out that it is a $9000 dollar min on food/drink alone.  And if you don't order $9,000 worth they will just charge you that much then the service fee (18%) and taxes (5.85%).  So the actual min we would have been spending was $11,146.50 on the reception space/food drink alone!

Good Luck though i heard that wedding there are awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    We are spending less than 10,000 on food and alcohol at the Milwaukee Public Market. (My fiance was elated when they could do kegs) The coordinator is pretty willing to work with you and a lot of the rules that for-profit locations make you follow, the MPM does not.

Good luck!
  • vaschickertvaschickert member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if this is too far away for you... but the Red Circle Inn in Nashotah, WI is beautiful and has great pricing!  They work with your budget. We didn't end up going there because we were afraid we would go over their max guests (about 220).  http://www.redcircleinn.com/
  • edited December 2011
    We are going with Aliotos in Wauwatosa. The Staff is great and price is great also. Our budget is 8500 and that was the best deal we found and they are very willing to help and make it the best they can. The Rooms are great in size and will be great to decorate to your liking.
  • TwoNixTwoNix member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    EDIT...oops, sorry--they aren't big enough for your guestlist. Sorry!

One place we are considering is the Roots Cellar. In summer, they have a minimum food/drink of $6k for Friday or Saturday and $5k for Sundays. In the spring and fall, the minimum is $4k for a Friday or Saturday. It's one of my fav spots in MKE, has amazing local, organic food, and the space is extraordinarily gorgeous. They have pics online.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the advice!  I am going to check out Aliiotos as well.

Anyone used Serb Hall for a wedding???  I would love a review of it but havent heard of anyone who has used them.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using the MIlwaukee War Memorial. It's $1700 to rent the space. You also have to use one of the caterer's on their list (we went with Chef Jack's from Waukesha). The War Memorial is absolutely stunning and Amanda is awesome to work with. We are having about 100 people at the reception and our entire wedding budget including photographer, food, rental, etc is about 11K.
  • edited December 2011
    Does the War Memorial book up pretty fast? i JUST got engaged and really want it there for next summer. do you think i should even bother?
    How far in advance did you book that venue? and is the ceremony there too?

BabyFetus Ticker
  • ktmarkoktmarko member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes the war memorial does book VERY fast. i know on their website they show when they are already booked and pretty sure most dates are filled for next year. If you are looking for something "trendy" Palms Bistro in the third ward is really nice. My best friend is having her reception there next summer and her budget is the same as yours and about same amount of people. Hope that helps! Good luck
  • apie0402apie0402 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are some charasmatic venues in the Lake Country area with good pricing (last time I checked)

Rolling Hills Golf Club - Oconomoowoc, WI - $2500 food/drink minimum
    http://www.rollinghillsccw.com/banquets.htm

Red Circle Inn - Nashotah, WI - 200 person minimum on Saturdays
    http://redcircleinn.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=50

Revere Wells Street Tavern - Delafield, WI - $1000 food/drink minimum
    http://www.thewellsstreettavern.com/

Piano Blu - Pewaukee, WI
    http://www.pianoblu.com/events.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards