Rhode Island
Options

Hair and Make-up

Who are you using for hair and makeup (if your'e getting it done)? Are they coming to you or are you going to them?

My wedding is not until 9.14.2012 but Im looking into makeup/hair people now because I want to get my hair/makeup done for my engagement shoot. I will want to use that same person/people for my wedding as well. I have heard good things about Sara Faella, anyone use her? Does she come to you? Prices?

Any info. is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Hair and Make-up

• Options
    RIFallBrideRIFallBride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Sara Faella, I have actually booked her without meeting her but everything I hear has been very positive.  I really wanted airbrush make-up and she is so sweet when talking with her that I am very comfortable with my decision. 

I will do my hair and make-up with her for our engagement session this fall and can't wait!  She is coming to me for the wedding but I will likely just go to her studio for the engagement shoot.  If you email me at rifallbride at gmail dot com, I can send you the pricing I have for her.
  • Options
    KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I used Kerri Parks at Skinplicity  (<--clicky link) for makeup and she did a fabulous job. Her prices are on the Web site. She uses Youngblood mineral makeup, which did great things for my sensitive skin. My MIL had hers done at Kerri's studio in EG, then she traveled to the hotel in Westport, Mass., for me.

Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am using Allison Barbera for makeup.  She is fantastic.  She has someone who recently started working with her for hair as well.  She is not doing my hair because she was not working with this person when I booked her.  I highly recommend Allison- she is great to work with!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Kerri Parks from Skinplicity as well.. she travelled to us in Seekonk and she was awesome.. my whole bridal party and MIL ended up using her as well after they saw my trial. Her prices are reasonable as well!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Salon Michique's in Cumberland for my engagement shoot in September as well as my wedding next July. I am also a regular customer there so I wouldn't go anywhere else.  They are somewhat inexpensive and they are really nice.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    chantz2387chantz2387 member
    edited December 2011
    I am using Sam C for hair and Jake Blanchette for airbrush makeup. I have also heard good things about Sara Faella as well. Her website is http://www.sarafaella.com/.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jmorta04jmorta04 member
    edited December 2011
    I am using Lynda Williams (Formal Hair Design) and Jennifer Hodge (Spectrum Makeup Artistry) for my wedding in July.  Both are extremely great to work with, down to earth, fun, and reasonably priced (based on what I've paid for hair and makeup for other weddings I've been in).  They work together often and I had excellent experiences at trials with both of them.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also using Kerri from Skinplicity, so sweet and great to work with.  I am going to my regular salon for hair but if you are looking for someone to come to you Prima deana Salon in Warwick.  She did a wedding party I was in very resonable, quick and professional.  I even thought about using her for my wedding but couldn't diappoint my regular hair dresser!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Sam C for hair and Kristin Greene for makeup. Both came to us and were fantastic. They work together often. Kristin's also starting to do hair as well, so she might be able to do everything for you.
  • Options
    DiorAddictDiorAddict member
    edited December 2011
    Sara Rebello for hair
    Jan Simone for makeup
    Both do beautiful work and travel to you.
  • Options
    lindquistx33lindquistx33 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    CONGRATS!!!

I am not getting married until 2013 but I have already used Christine hale with the Look image for my engagement shoot and was blown away by how talented she is.... So I already booked her for my wedding day, I know she is booking into 2012.
    My photographer also hired her because she couldn't believe how amazing the airbrush makeup photographed.

The look charges hair for 75$ and air brush makeup for $75 so you can get both your hair and makeup done with her for $150, and she is AMAZING and she comes to wherever you and your bridesmaids are getting ready for the wedding. It really is an amazing deal, because most companies charge $225 alone for the airbrush makeup.

Give her a call 508-243-6564
    She books up fast so I would call her when you can because you dont want to miss out!!!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards