Rhode Island

Crystal Lake

Hello! 
Is anyone else on here getting married at Crystal Lake in Mapleville, RI? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Crystal Lake

• edited December 2011
    I am!  And according to my ticker, in less than 4 months, ahh!  I love it up there and Tracy is so helpful. Are you going to the tasting on March 6th?  We'll be at the 3pm, can't wait to try the food and pick our menu.   :^) 
  • edited December 2011
    Sweet!!  I havent had a lot of interaction with Tracy yet...our date isnt until October...our 6 month meeting is coming up in April!  I`ll be at the tasting as well on the 6th at 3pm.  Glad to hear you have had some good experiences with tracy so far!!  Are you getting married there or somewhere else?
  • edited December 2011
    Tracy is great!  It is like getting a free wedding co-ordinater, it really impresses me that not only is the place afforable, but her services are included, it is priceless. I have only had one meeting, but she emails answers to my questions all the time, and I know she and the staff will do an amazing job the day of the wedding.  I will be getting married on site at the Gazebo (and doing the boat ride after the ceremony!), and they even provide staff at the front entrance to send people to the Gazebo, and a person with a golfcart to bring any elderly people down to the ceremony, etc., they really take care of everything.

October will be lovely there with the lake and the leaves! 
  • edited December 2011
    Ill have to make sure to keep in touch with you to see how everything goes!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in July! Our ceremony is at the gazebo as well. I'm so excited! We contacted the Hampton Inn in Smithfield (near Bryant University) and they gave us a great room block rate for guests (and us!).  We're going to the food tasting too! But at 12:30 :(
    August Siggy: Inspiration!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Our wedding website!

Planning bio/blog!

• edited December 2011
    Oh I didn't even check prices at the Hampton, what rate did you get? I saw it got good reviews on Tripadvisor but I was kind of worried when I drove up and saw the gravel pit operation, so I didn't go in.  I got a block at a reduced rate at the Marriot just down the road for $125 (I think like $140 with tax), but it doesn't include breakfast which is a bummer, and it is a few minutes further from CL.  I also set up at block at the Holiday Inn, too, in case people needed a more affordable option (it is like $100).  I really wish there was a hotel a little closer to it!  Are you doing any kind of shuttle thing?  Def not in my budget.

I can't wait till the tasting, just a few days now! 
  • edited December 2011
    Allison Ill see you Sunday!  We needed to switch the time to the earlier one!  Im excited!  I called to make an appointment at Wrights Dairy Farm with their cake consultant Ellen.  She told me they are providing desert for Sunday too so we can taste what Wright's has to offer!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_crystal-lake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:a0460705-4e96-4c7a-a2a3-a62f112e7335Post:bfea546a-25c8-4a38-90f8-9a0a623db0e2">Re: Crystal Lake</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh I didn't even check prices at the Hampton, what rate did you get? I saw it got good reviews on Tripadvisor but I was kind of worried when I drove up and saw the gravel pit operation, so I didn't go in.  I got a block at a reduced rate at the Marriot just down the road for $125 (I think like $140 with tax), but it doesn't include breakfast which is a bummer, and it is a few minutes further from CL.  I also set up at block at the Holiday Inn, too, in case people needed a more affordable option (it is like $100).  I really wish there was a hotel a little closer to it!  Are you doing any kind of shuttle thing?  Def not in my budget. I can't wait till the tasting, just a few days now! 
    Posted by DeliteSmith[/QUOTE]
     99 for the night - includes hot breakfast the next morning and they have a 6-person shuttle they said complimentary for guests to and from crystal lake :)

Our wedding website!

Planning bio/blog!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_crystal-lake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:a0460705-4e96-4c7a-a2a3-a62f112e7335Post:2dec0c75-13c6-4ae7-87ab-f8601021785f">Re: Crystal Lake</a>:
    [QUOTE]Allison Ill see you Sunday!  We needed to switch the time to the earlier one!  Im excited!  I called to make an appointment at Wrights Dairy Farm with their cake consultant Ellen.  She told me they are providing desert for Sunday too so we can taste what Wright's has to offer!
    Posted by Talkativ15[/QUOTE]

<div>sweet! I'm SO excited lol! sorry I didn't reply to you gals sooner..I'm usually over on weddingbee.com, never on the knot anymore!</div>

Our wedding website!

Planning bio/blog!

• GEL0153GEL0153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi I am an old nottie :( I got married in september at Crystal Lake. The day couldn't have went better. Tracy is awesome we had a few problems with the cake and flowers and she fixed everything before I even knew about it. I got married at the gazebo as well and it was perfect. We took the boat ride and that was perfect. The whole day was perfect. I know you all with have a perfect day also. Good luck
  • charkem3charkem3 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if you will even see this. I am an "old knottie" as well. Got married in May 2007 at Crystal Lake. I do not have one negative thing to say. It was perfect and Tracey was perfect! We got married at the Gazebo and a guest at my wedding loved it so much that she got married there last year. You won't be disappointed.
  • vegasgrrl24vegasgrrl24 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    i am thrilled to see so many of you have been pleased with crystal lake. hope to do a drive by on saturday, and i know what hotels are close and what rate to requests thank you

• This all sounds wonderful!  I am planning a wedding as a travel therapist so I am not around the area but from all of the great reviews and the beautiful pictures it looks like Crystal Lake will be my wedding venue choice!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards