Wedding Etiquette Forum

Wake up wake up it's!!

Wednesday! Er... no.  Tuesday.  Whatever.  Just wake up!

QOTD: Would you rather wear cute boots that don't keep you warm and dry OR ugly boots that do keep you warm and dry?

Re: Wake up wake up it's!!

• Smello my dear lady.

I have rain boots that leak and do not keep me warm, but are cute.. SO I go with the ugly boots that keep me warm. 

Yesterday was a good day. I cleaned ALL day and the house looked great, cooked a great meal, played with the kitten all day, and then FI got home with the news that he got a super duper raise at work which just made the day perfect. I did hear back about a job and they were going with someone else, BUT they said that they wanted to keep my resume on file because there will be another position opening and that they really liked me. So yay!
  • Hi, I was just looking for a good morning thread and was surprised that crazy morning person Rosie hadn't gotten to it first :)

My answer to the question depends on what I'm doing. Dinner for a couple hours? Cute cold boots. My feet will thaw when I get home. All day long? Ugly warm boots. I love my Uggs so very much in winter.
  • Also the kitten keeps bringing his toys into the living room and our dog steals them from him.. so we have to do a cookie/toy trade so that I can keep the peace. I just had to do a cookie/toy trade and the damn dog tried to stuff the toy under the rug and positioned himself such that I wouldn't be able to get the toy before him. What a brat. 
  • The sun is out here!! Yay!  Except that of course, the temperature has now dropped like a rock and it's -14C, which is all of 6F.  BOOOO. So, I stayed home from doggie walking today because my feet are causing me some trouble.  And, it's fucking freezing.

QOTD:  I'm pretty tempted to go with the ugly boots myself.  Emily, I take it it's not very wet in Santiago during winter?
  • I agree with emily that it depends on the situation.  Going somewhere nice for a short time, cute boots all the way!  Otherwise, give me function over fashion anyday. 
  • Good morning!

Definitely ugly boots that keep me warm.  I'm really not that fashion conscious -- most of my clothes are pretty boring but functional.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wake-up-wake-up-its?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6416c8d4-9802-4ae4-b9c9-2e1cb321e1c5Post:807e242e-5c80-48d8-8977-cbedcccfb6a4">Re: Wake up wake up it's!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, I was just looking for a good morning thread and was surprised that <strong>crazy morning person Rosie</strong> hadn't gotten to it first :) My answer to the question depends on what I'm doing. Dinner for a couple hours? Cute cold boots. My feet will thaw when I get home. All day long? Ugly warm boots. I love my Uggs so very much in winter.
    Posted by emilyinchile[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Oh man you have no idea. I think the amount of work I get done before 8 is more than some get done all day. :)</div>
  • Snippy, you're right. The air is always kind of damp, so the cold gets in your bones, but it doesn't snow in the city itself and doesn't rain that often - usually just pours down for a day and then stops rather than drizzling for days on end.
  • Morning, ladies.  I am dragging this morning for some reason.

Answer:  Since I really don't have much practice with cold weather I'd say cute boots.  But I'm sure if I was in your position I'd be wearing ugly boots. ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches

• I am a firm believer that uggs are short for ugly but dang it if they aren't the warmest most comfortablest things ever. I looooove them. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wake-up-wake-up-its?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6416c8d4-9802-4ae4-b9c9-2e1cb321e1c5Post:2c6eed7c-76c3-4d99-a8e2-38f29f49dfb0">Re: Wake up wake up it's!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Snippy, you're right. The air is always kind of damp, so the cold gets in your bones, but it doesn't snow in the city itself and doesn't rain that often - usually just pours down for a day and then stops rather than drizzling for days on end.
    I'm jealous.  I was very tempted by some rubber boots yesterday that were fur lined. 
  • Morning everyone.

I would have to say ugly boots that keep my feet warm. Being in the south, I don't have to worry about that too much, but if we were back home, that would be a different story.

I wish today was Wednesday. I have a terrible headache, had it last night and even took some of H pain med from his neck issues. It didn't help. I just want to crawl right back in bed now. Ugh, please make today go by fast.
  • Good Morning.  Just got back from taking Mr Stack to work.  We're down to one car because the car place royalled F'ed up our new car.  So much so that it might need a new engine.  Of course they're not accepting responsibility........go figure.  I've had a bad few days.  Oh well, what can ya do right?

Anyhow......I'd probably go for cute boots.  I dont even own any boots that would keep my feet warm and dry at this point and I manage just fine. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wake-up-wake-up-its?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6416c8d4-9802-4ae4-b9c9-2e1cb321e1c5Post:b67e5459-2bd9-4592-a9eb-b093fa9dbc7c">Re: Wake up wake up it's!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good Morning.  Just got back from taking Mr Stack to work.  We're down to one car because the car place royalled F'ed up our new car.  So much so that it might need a new engine.  Of course they're not accepting responsibility........go figure.  I've had a bad few days.  Oh well, what can ya do right? Anyhow......I'd probably go for cute boots.  I dont even own any boots that would keep my feet warm and dry at this point and I manage just fine. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]

That sucks about the car. I hate dealerships, they are so crappy to work with. Is the car under warranty at all?
  • Aaaaand I just realized I left my wallet at home. H went to the grocery store last night with my debit card, and when he got back I put my wallet back in my purse. Shame that I brought my backpack to work and not my purse since I biked. This means I have to wait to tonight to pay my property taxes (which is fine, I just wanted to get it out of the way and not forget since today's the last day) and that I'll have to borrow money to buy lunch. Frustrating!
  • Morning y'all!  Ugly boots that keep me warm and dry.  All the way.  I'm married now so I'm letting myself go...why not add ugly boots?  Kidding :)  Sort of, I haven't worked out in for.ev.er.

Anyhoo.  I can tell this week is gonna be a long one.  That sucks about your car Stacks, what was it in for in the first place that they effed up the engine?
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Oh, that reminds me.  Here's a pic of what it looks like out our front door.  It's funny because all the snow is on the other side of the street.  It's all entirely blown away from our side because we have no wind break from the open fields near us:

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wake-up-wake-up-its?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6416c8d4-9802-4ae4-b9c9-2e1cb321e1c5Post:16f277b4-cd90-4f61-86bb-2b1f28719eba">Re: Wake up wake up it's!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am a firm believer that uggs are short for ugly but dang it if they aren't the warmest most comfortablest things ever. I looooove them. 
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

I've been hating Uggs for years but my cousin has a few pairs and she let me try hers on and OMG now I want a pair.  I don't want to admit it, though.  They're hideous but so incredibly comfy and soft!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• Morning. It's going to be a long day--term paper to finish and the prof I work for decided he needs me to do everything for him, and right this effing minute. Blech.

I'd take the fug warm boots. I've had cold or damp feet too often here. Sometimes you can walk on a sidewalk and feel the cold of the sidewalk through the soles of your shoes. I almost considered buying Uggs last year, and that says something about how desperate the situation was.
  • Good morning!  I'm currently wearing a pair of pretty ugly UGGs in the wee hours before anyone else gets in my office.  I'm dragging this morning.  I take a medicine every day that makes me feel really craptastic if I miss a dose.  I ran out last night and had to go to Walgreens this morning and just took it.  Now I'm hoping it will get in me quickly enough so I can accomplish some work!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wake-up-wake-up-its?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6416c8d4-9802-4ae4-b9c9-2e1cb321e1c5Post:a673be7d-4bd4-4d8d-b0c7-4028cffec799">Re: Wake up wake up it's!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning. My coffee hasn't kicked in yet. I overslept this morning so I feel very disorganized. I had a very strange dream that I was at a Christmas party <strong>and TR and Rosie were encouraging people to do 5 shots in a row. If the person couldn't/didn't do it they would yell "Yoooooou-knotttttie-suck!</strong>" I think the dream is telling me I spent too much time on here. If its a very short period of time, I vote cute boots. Other than that, go with the ugly ones.
    Posted by lovethebeach16[/QUOTE]

That's hilarious!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wake-up-wake-up-its?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6416c8d4-9802-4ae4-b9c9-2e1cb321e1c5Post:96bee519-5997-4ddb-9dec-711067efd656">Re: Wake up wake up it's!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning y'all!  Ugly boots that keep me warm and dry.  All the way.  I'm married now so I'm letting myself go...why not add ugly boots?  Kidding :)  Sort of, I haven't worked out in for.ev.er. Anyhoo.  I can tell this week is gonna be a long one.  That sucks about your car Stacks, what was it in for in the first place that they effed up the engine?
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

A thermostat change.  Not a big deal at all.  But a 2 hour job took them 3 days because they busted a gasket while they were working and replaced that.  They don't seem to think they did any other damage though.  We had no idea and drove it all the way to Chicago, thankfully it got us home before it all went downhill. 
  • Aww Stacks, I'm sorry about your car. Hope the dealership has some better news for you.
  • I promise to not engage in peer pressure about doing shots. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wake-up-wake-up-its?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6416c8d4-9802-4ae4-b9c9-2e1cb321e1c5Post:dc0ad7d9-4e3c-4402-a661-641ec663e0da">Re: Wake up wake up it's!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I promise to not engage in peer pressure about doing shots. 
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

I don't believe this for a second.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wake-up-wake-up-its?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6416c8d4-9802-4ae4-b9c9-2e1cb321e1c5Post:8336c230-809f-412b-9e58-3666ffb186c6">Re: Wake up wake up it's!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wake up wake up it's!! : I don't believe this for a second.

<div>Ok fine. I encourage the most ridiculous things when I have been drinking.</div>
  • haha looking forward to Manda's holiday party LTB? :)
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wake-up-wake-up-its?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:6416c8d4-9802-4ae4-b9c9-2e1cb321e1c5Post:8336c230-809f-412b-9e58-3666ffb186c6">Re: Wake up wake up it's!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wake up wake up it's!! : I don't believe this for a second.

Glad you said it because I laughed when I saw it. :D
  • Good morning! Today is my long day, class from 8-1:30 and work from 3-9. Yuck.

Only 3 more classes left in the semester though!
  • In Wisconsin, it's all about the utility.  Parkas and sensible boots.

Good morning, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards