Christian Weddings

Chris Tomlin concert

Last night! It was very good :) I was not quite in the "worship mindset" when we got there because it seemed the enemy was having a good time attacking us...stupid. First they wouldn't take our coupon at the restaurant we went to for dinner, then we got stuck in TERRIBLE traffic pulling into the amphitheater because some genius didn't think to have anyone directing traffic on a major state road for the concert, THEN when we tried to park they tried charging us $20 and we had to go find another parking lot...ugh it was ridiculous! But finally we made it in just after the opening act started. Chris Tomlin gives such great concerts. He is touring with Louie Giglio who is an awesome speaker, I don't know if anyone has heard him or anything from his "Indescribable" talk, but he's great. Recently he's spoken a lot about the physical world and universe and how we can see God in it (think stars, galaxies, and verses like saying the universe spans the width of God's fingertips and how BIG the universe is).

Last night he was talking about the line in Tomlin's song that says "sing sing sing and make music with the heavens" and then he talked about how there's an imploded star thousands of light years away that spins on its axis 11 times a second and throws out radio signals then played a clip of that song, then he spoke about a "closer" dense area of stars that they are all spinning on their axis' and played that sound clip which each different star's sound had a different pitch, and then he talked about the whales who use sonar signals to locate where they're going and played THAT sound clip. He did all of this to answer the idea of "What does God hear when the universe is praising him, not just us but each part of the universe including the stars and the whales?" Then he played all the clips together and it actually sounded like a song, it was really cool. But it was such a cool idea to think about the fact that God hears ALL the sounds of the universe, and he spoke about how unique and special each of our own voices is to that sound and when we remove ourselves from the symphony God seeks us out, which is crazy to think when there are STARS that are literally singing to God.

I love science and I think the more that people study science, the more God can be proved because to think that all of that happens by accident and works together "perfectly" by accident...sorry, but that is just garbage. The fact is if things were off by the slightest bit our universe would implode and I personally do not want to take that chance. The way our bodies are so unique and how they work (have you ever heard all the steps that have to occur correctly in our body to form a proper blood clot...?) and how everything in the universe works together in perfect harmony and symphony? Chance? I don't think so. Science doesn't disprove God, God PROVES science.

Re: Chris Tomlin concert

• edited December 2011
    Oh man. I love Tomlin, he's so cool. I went to one of his concerts several years ago.. and he actually led worship one summer camp I went to. He is just.. yeah. So great. Love what you got out of it.
  • iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's really neat Rachel!  We will get to see Chris Tomlin this summer at a concert festival that we attend each year.  I'm really looking forward to it!
  • edited December 2011
    Aw, I can't wait until my full-time salary actually hits my bank account so I can start going to concerts like that again!  Hopefully this summer things will relax a bit.  :-) 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • edited December 2011
    I'd never heard of him but that sounds so amazing!!!  I wish I could hear the sound clips.  That's so awesome!!

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Glad you had fun! He came here in the fall, but we didn't go and I wish we had!! I am definitely going if he comes back again. He is awesome! 

I don't know much about science, but that is really cool. You should do some more research and write a book about how God proves science and then distribute the book to all those science people out there who don't believe in God- that would be amazing! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards