October 2012 Weddings
Options

Send the Good Vibes!!!

So FI graduated with his degree in civil engineering back in May. He's been trying to find a job with no luck since before he actually graduated. Well, tomorrow he has a phone interview for a position in Wisconsin (a ways away, but we'll take whatever he can get!) If they like him, they'll bring him in for an in person interview. Also, one of my MOH's dad is a civil engineer for the dept of transportation in Nashville, and he has given FI's info to the right people to get an interview because they're about to hire civil engineers!! Please, please send good thoughts and vibes our way!! He needs this so badly!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Send the Good Vibes!!!

• Options
    GOOD VIBES COMING YOUR WAY!!!!!!  IT WILL WORK OUT!!!!  KEEP THE FAITH!!!!
    Jessica Wedding Countdown Ticker 120 Invitedimage
    101 Are ready to party image
    18 Can't make it image
    1 Are keeping me on the edge of my seat wondering image
  • Options
    Good luck!  It's a tough market out there.  Both FI & I are civils and when he was laid off a few years ago, it took a long time to find work.  I hope your FI hits one out of the park with the interview!

• Options
    Good vibes!!!!! I should have some leftovers to send your way!!
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Job vibes coming your way. I hope all goes well with any interviews that he gets.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Good thoughts coming your way!

FI and I are both civils (environmental).  FI had a job offer before we each finished our MS degree (in June 2010), while I didn't find a job until October.  Is your FI in transportation or another area?  I know some areas of civil are suffering more than others right now, but overall the job prospects are much better than they were a few years ago. 
  • Options
    He doesn't have a concentration, but he would love to do transportation or wastewater. He hasn't been able to get an interview up until now, so we're really excited, but not holding our breath.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Let us know how it turns out!
    It doesn't have to be perfect to be everything I want!
    Rings2
    143 Invited image
    88 will be there! image
    55 would rather stay home :(image
    0 Are procrastinating!image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ANother Civil here! Good luck and good vibes. I know the job market is tough as the construction industry is suffering right now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards