Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Different ways for bridesmaids and groomsmen to walk down the aisle

I'm trying to figure out some different ways to have the groomsmen and bridesmaids come down the aisle any ideas??????

Re: Different ways for bridesmaids and groomsmen to walk down the aisle

• Options
    Like what? Ways to pair them up or do you want them to skip down the aisle?
  • Options
    Stop Drop Roll!
  • Options
    cartwheels, dancing, doing the worm...what are you thinking?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_different-ways-bridesmaids-groomsmen-walk-down-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a15e0eb4-087c-4f7a-9bcc-77503d7e49bfPost:fdcd9b40-f413-45da-b572-76e5558f1457">Re: Different ways for bridesmaids and groomsmen to walk down the aisle</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stop Drop Roll!
    Posted by thesuninherhead[/QUOTE]
    uh maze ing.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Segways!
  • Options
    Do the robot!
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    what about the one on youtube where they used the double mint gum song?

Or maybe a striptease?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    You may want to check with your church/temple (if you are getting married in one)  if you want to go really "different" as many have stipulations on what is appropriate at a religious service.

Personally, I thought my vows were a pretty serious thing and I wanted things as traditional as possible. I had a stick up my ass about that one.
  • Options
    Rollerblades.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    Backwards?
  • Options
    ggmaeggmae member
    First Comment
    We paired girls with girls and guys with guys. And they just walked at a normal pace.
  • Options
    "Segways" has me rolling, here. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_different-ways-bridesmaids-groomsmen-walk-down-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a15e0eb4-087c-4f7a-9bcc-77503d7e49bfPost:9f56b385-4302-4884-8cbe-ecc8036dd051">Re: Different ways for bridesmaids and groomsmen to walk down the aisle</a>:
    [QUOTE]You may want to check with your church/temple (if you are getting married in one)  if you want to go really "different" as many have stipulations on what is appropriate at a religious service. Personally, I thought my vows were a pretty serious thing and I wanted things as traditional as possible. I had a stick up my ass about that one.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

So I guess you don't like what we did....we  had the bridal party carry me on a silver platter.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    This should give you some good ideas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhlQfXUk7w
  • Options
    I think extend TheSuns into stop, drop, roll and somersault the rest of the way. Or, better yet, backwards somersault!
  • Options
    you could also do the thriller dance.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_different-ways-bridesmaids-groomsmen-walk-down-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:a15e0eb4-087c-4f7a-9bcc-77503d7e49bfPost:ae2ed9f5-4ca3-46e4-9952-bff3f6a24776">Re: Different ways for bridesmaids and groomsmen to walk down the aisle</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think extend TheSuns into stop, drop, roll and somersault the rest of the way. Or, better yet, backwards somersault!
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]
    <p> </p><p>Go the backwards somersault!</p>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_different-ways-bridesmaids-groomsmen-walk-down-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a15e0eb4-087c-4f7a-9bcc-77503d7e49bfPost:95432391-d147-4f9b-ad9c-8b347fdbe882">Re: Different ways for bridesmaids and groomsmen to walk down the aisle</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Different ways for bridesmaids and groomsmen to walk down the aisle : So I guess you don't like what we did....we  had the bridal party carry me on a silver platter.
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

Oh know totally cool, the princess clause in my birth certificate entitled me to a parade of pachyderms with my following a liter carried by gorgeous latino men.
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    I think a full gymnastic routine would be best, start off with stop drop and roll, into a sommersault, then a backflip, finished at the alter with arms in a V.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_different-ways-bridesmaids-groomsmen-walk-down-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a15e0eb4-087c-4f7a-9bcc-77503d7e49bfPost:d05d5fa3-ad70-4ca5-bbe3-9dc69c091222">Re: Different ways for bridesmaids and groomsmen to walk down the aisle</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Different ways for bridesmaids and groomsmen to walk down the aisle : Oh know totally cool, the princess clause in my birth certificate entitled me to a parade of pachyderms with my following a liter carried by gorgeous latino men.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

our groomsmen were dressed like chip n' dale dancers in thongs.  I wore a leather corset, it was a classy shindig.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    NebbNebb member
    OHH OHH OOOH!!! with ribbons!!!

• Options
    What's wrong with a regular procession? Is it a matter of uneven numbers, or are you just looking for something creative?
  • Options
    Perfect Nebb! Then you can hand matching ones out to guests later for your exit and it would be soooooo cute!!!11111!!!1
  • Options
    I think we need to know what you want to accomplish, what doesn't work for you with tradition, etc., in order to give you suggestions.

Unless you're looking for goofy.  We've got lotsa that!  :D 

I'm concerned about this somersaulting in dresses.  You're going to have to issue bloomers to everybody! 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_different-ways-bridesmaids-groomsmen-walk-down-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a15e0eb4-087c-4f7a-9bcc-77503d7e49bfPost:23305119-22d5-4678-8dc7-89f8ad4fb37e">Re: Different ways for bridesmaids and groomsmen to walk down the aisle</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's wrong with a regular procession? Is it a matter of uneven numbers, or are you just looking for something creative?
    Posted by september's bride[/QUOTE]

Duh, she has to be YOO-NEEK.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_different-ways-bridesmaids-groomsmen-walk-down-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a15e0eb4-087c-4f7a-9bcc-77503d7e49bfPost:484ee404-a23b-4dd0-8653-2b26bdf93aca">Re: Different ways for bridesmaids and groomsmen to walk down the aisle</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we need to know what you want to accomplish, what doesn't work for you with tradition, etc., in order to give you suggestions. Unless you're looking for goofy.  We've got lotsa that!  :D  I'm concerned about this somersaulting in dresses.  You're going to have to issue bloomers to everybody! 
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]
    BUTT (hehe) they have to be bedazzled with BRIDESMAID on the ass.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_different-ways-bridesmaids-groomsmen-walk-down-aisle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a15e0eb4-087c-4f7a-9bcc-77503d7e49bfPost:484ee404-a23b-4dd0-8653-2b26bdf93aca">Re: Different ways for bridesmaids and groomsmen to walk down the aisle</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we need to know what you want to accomplish, what doesn't work for you with tradition, etc., in order to give you suggestions. Unless you're looking for goofy.  We've got lotsa that!  :D  I'm concerned about this somersaulting in dresses.  You're going to have to issue bloomers to everybody! 
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]
    Nah, long dresses! Just teach them to tuck the dresses under their knees.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards