Nebraska-Omaha

Self catering/alcohol reception venues?!

We are attempting to keep our wedding under a certain budget, and would like a reception hall that allows us to bring in our own catering and alcohol... any ideas???

Re: Self catering/alcohol reception venues?!

• Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Legacy Hall. They allow your own caterer and provide a warming kitchen, and you can bring in your own alcohol/bartender, and they have a bar window and a fridge with a tapper and all that all set up for you. For a Friday night it's $1300.

If that's out of your budget then I would check out VFW halls, Firefighters halls, Eagles clubs, things of the sort, or you could look in to city parks or a friend/family member's backyard where you could set up a tent. HTH! Good luck! =]
  • SunnySchrammSunnySchramm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Saint John Vianney.

Very nice, $1200 for a Saturday night.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_self-cateringalcohol-reception-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:79Discussion:4edc93f0-a5e0-4445-84c0-1d246541b8a2Post:2edcece8-a863-41c2-a657-1c165ea1fb2e">Re: Self catering/alcohol reception venues?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Saint John Vianney. Very nice, $1200 for a Saturday night.
    Posted by SunnySchramm[/QUOTE]

They allow alcohol in the church?
  • StephB22StephB22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nebraska-omaha_self-cateringalcohol-reception-venues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:79Discussion:4edc93f0-a5e0-4445-84c0-1d246541b8a2Post:18e0a4e3-cbd4-4de2-ac5c-9d4bc7293885">Re: Self catering/alcohol reception venues?!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Self catering/alcohol reception venues?! : They allow alcohol in the church?
    Posted by Chasity08[/QUOTE]

I have a friend that used this place- its very nice- and yes they allowed alcohol there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Wow that's awesome! I had just never been to a catholic reception at the church where they allowed alcohol so I figured I'd ask =]
  • SunnySchrammSunnySchramm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes they allow alcohol in their hall :)

• ashleye1018ashleye1018 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance runs a restaurant in Omaha so he wanted to be able and do the catering himself. We have a larger wedding so we went with the Durham Western Heritage Museum. Great unique venue that allows you to bring in your own caterer and bar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards