Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Anyone miss their wedding?

I spent so long planning my wedding that I never took the time to think of how it would actually feel to be married. I was plesantly surprised by how well everything went and by the overwhelming sense of joy my new husband and I experienced. The problem is now that the wedding is over I miss it. We had such a good time I wish we could do the whole thing over again! I guess that is a good problem to have. I was just wondering if anyone else was feeling this way?

Re: Anyone miss their wedding?

• You're not alone.  I definitely have had a let down since the wedding.  I used to peruse wedding and photog blogs everyday/night and now I can't because I don't want to see something and think I wish I did that. I would love to go out and plan the whole thing over again.  Of course I would need someone else to pay for it this time. 
  • I totally feel that way at times too. It went by so fast. But, I try to remind myself of how stressed I got and how much extra money we have now. That usually makes the feeling go away :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm such a nervous person, I'm afraid I'm not even going to fully enjoy my wedding because I'll just be so caught up in the moment. Hopefully I learn to get past it and quick! I'm so glad your weddings turned out wonderful, though :)
  • Often, I ask my husband, "Can we get married again?"

:-D
  • I have a feeling I"ll feel the same way too. Which is why I'm going to start saving and planning a 10 year anniversary vow renewal! The planning will be the same, minus the dress and perhaps a few less guests :-)

Shshsh, he doesn't know it yet!
  • I'm getting married in May, and I am having soooo much fun planning everything.  We're not getting married or having the reception at an actual "venue" - everything is on the beach, so I've had to plan EVERYTHING!!!  Even my sister (MOH) laughs at me when I ask if she wants to come over to help - she says, "With what??? You already have everything done!".  So I can totally see how you would miss it after all is said and done.  I know I will...but I also know it's going to be such an awesome weekend, and we'll always have the memories, stories, and pictures to remind us (and each other, of course)!
  • nope.  i had a blast, but with every day that passes, i thank the heavens i will NEVER EVER have to do ANY of that again.  EVER. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really miss our wedding and I wish we could go back and do it all over again. To fill the void I am constantly looking at our pictures and watching the videos.

Doing the wrap up wedding stuff was fun too - picking the pictures for the album, writing the wedding announcement and the Thank You cards.
  • I hear ya.  DH and I take a 3 mile walk everyday to communicate and talk about stuff.  One of the walks right after the wedding, I remember looking at him and sayng "So now what are we going to talk about?" :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I miss having all of my friends in town. My WP was 80% out of town friends and I really wish we could see them more often. But, I wouldn't re-live the wedding because I was pulled every which way. I would relive my rehearsal dinner which was the best time of my life!!!
  • aw lol i'm sure i'll feel like that too but you can always keep looking. it's not over you can always renew vows at 5/10 + years. i love beach weddings so i think we
    ll do that when we renew

• I just got married on 12/5 and I miss it too! I loved every minute of it and I loved getting to see all my friends and family from OOT all in the same place.  Friends and family have sent us pictures but sometimes I feel like it was all a dream! I wish we could do it all over again!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I totally miss it.  That's why I decided to host a Christmas open house.  The planning keeps me busy and it'll be fun!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_anyone-miss-their-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:12Discussion:2f74e472-97d7-400b-a89e-0eefea232303Post:fb064e8e-face-49a9-a910-052b353b06c8">Re: Anyone miss their wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a feeling I"ll feel the same way too. Which is why I'm going to start saving and planning a 10 year anniversary vow renewal! The planning will be the same, minus the dress and perhaps a few less guests :-) Shshsh, he doesn't know it yet!
    Posted by NBVitamine[/QUOTE]

This! haha. And DH doesn't know either.
  • yes....yes i do.....
    i keep looking at my pictures and watching my video
    i wish i could do it all over again, change nothing, just do the same thing over again....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not even a little bit. I really did enjoy (most of) the wedding planning, but I was so relieved to be finished and just be married! We got married on 12/19, Christmas was a week later, honeymoon the next day, and we returned on New Year's Eve, so we've been super busy ever since. The only thing, as someone mentioned, is that I don't know what kind of websites to waste my time on anymore!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards