New Jersey
Options

tides brides- hampton suites v. fairfield executive inn for blocking?

Hey girls, 

sorry to be a board hog, but you are all just so helpful!

After searching the boards, it seems like most people went with either hampton or fairfield when blocking rooms.  I'm guessing because unlike most of the hotels on the list, they offer a free room for the B&G with no min, free breakfast and free shuttle.

So my question is, between the two, which do you prefer?  The rates I was quoted run about $20 or so highter for Hampton- is it that much better than FF inn?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: tides brides- hampton suites v. fairfield executive inn for blocking?

• Options
    We went with the Fairfield Executive Inn... although I know Hampton Inn is more popular.  Overall, we liked the layout much better at Fairfield Executive Inn.  Also, we didn't like that we would be charged to keep the bar open later after the wedding.  Hampton Inn said they would charge and even made it seem like they would charge other wedding blocks blocked the same night.  It didn't make sense to us.  Why charge us and also charge another party to keep the bar open.  Why charge at all when you are getting the business. 
  • Options
    cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at both of them and we liked the Hampton Inn much better. We just thought it was really nice inside, and I was happy with the people who worked with me. And yes, they give a great deal. We had no issues with them on the night of our wedding. Our suite was amazing and huge, and the breakfast was excellent.

When we got back to the hotel after the wedding, there were about 4 other wedding parties in the lobby/at the bar. There were A LOT of people, and the bar was still open, but it was only 12:30.. so I'm not sure if someone had paid them to stay open later than that.. we just went back to our room.

They answered all my questions with no problem, sent me as many info sheets as I needed for my invitations, gave out our gift bags at check-in, there were no issues with the shuttle. I highly recommend the Hampton Inn!!
    (FYI - I believe they are owned by the same company anyway).
  • Options

When is your wedding I am getting married at the tides too :)  We decided to use the Fairfield Executive Inn.  I have heard great things about them.  I have also eaten at their restaurant Calandria's where the breakfast is served plus I liked the price of the rooms too.  Eventhough the bride and groom get a free room we decided to upgrade to a suite for $99 bucks. 

Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks!  
    Lady- my wedding is on 6/9/12! And I just started planning 3 weeks ago :(

when is yours?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_tides-brides-hampton-suites-v-fairfield-executive-inn-blocking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:57d988c9-d312-4444-aabf-ab89b662b485Post:99d23160-4d63-434a-a11c-cf02a23a0de8">Re: tides brides- hampton suites v. fairfield executive inn for blocking?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks!   Lady- my wedding is on 6/9/12! And I just started planning 3 weeks ago :( when is yours?
    Posted by faudiah[/QUOTE]

July 20th :)  We are in the upstairs room I think it is called the Crystal Ballroom?  I can't wait!!  Did you just recently get engaged?
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    we actually blocked rooms at both. The hampton is great for the older people in our party, and you can reserve a room for the breakfast, which my in-laws are doing for their friends, but the fairfield one is a bit cheaper which is more pratical for the younger people, also the bar is open later and breakfast is served later and has an omelet station. 
    Both are indeed own by the calandra family, so food quality won't be an issue in any of them. the sales person at both places were really nice to deal with.
  • Options
    Nope! Been engaged for almost two years. I'm just a procrastinator lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_tides-brides-hampton-suites-v-fairfield-executive-inn-blocking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:57d988c9-d312-4444-aabf-ab89b662b485Post:5921283e-e113-4f82-9b84-31dc0e0eaf6a">Re: tides brides- hampton suites v. fairfield executive inn for blocking?</a>:
    [QUOTE]When is your wedding I am getting married at the tides too :)  We decided to use the Fairfield Executive Inn.  I have heard great things about them.  I have also eaten at their restaurant Calandria's where the breakfast is served plus I liked the price of the rooms too. <strong> Eventhough the bride and groom get a free room we decided to upgrade to a suite for $99 bucks</strong>. 
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]
    Not sure about the Fairfield Inn, but the Bride & Groom get a free SUITE at the Hampton Inn. You get a choice of a suite with a kitchen or a jacuzzi. We opted for the kitchen because we had people come back to our room to drink after the reception, so it was more practical. And the suite was ginormous!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards