California-Los Angeles
Options

Wedding cake stand rental?

I'm getting my wedding cake from Hansen's cake and they don't provide the cake stand. 

I'm looking for 18" silver embossed wedding cake stand. Any good places to rent it out?

Thanks!!

Re: Wedding cake stand rental?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Most party rental stores have them. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    delila3451delila3451 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How has your experience been with Hansen's? Our cake is included in our package and that's one of the places we get to choose from - yelp has very mixed reviews!

Thanks in advance! (sorry, I'm not help with cake stands...I guess if we go with them, we'll need to find one too!)
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you asked them?  I'm sure they have suggestions if they don't rent them out.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    katzluv88katzluv88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hansens!!! omg their cakes are amazing. They did my son's 1st birthday cake and i had to save half of it because it was so yummy... They are known all over LA by celebrites for their amazing cakes too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    monet7383monet7383 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't help with the cakestand question, but I can say that Hansen's is one of my favorite bakeries. They did my 25th bday cake and my sister's wedding cake. I'll try to find out what she did about getting her cake stands.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm selling mine for $50 :)

18" round

Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    pnkprincess2pnkprincess2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are renting our cake stand from Kennedy Couture Linens. They are renting the bottom part to me for $75. It's super cute in person. I am also renting napkin rings to match for like $1.00 each. 

• Options
    cristinasucristinasu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @jagore: The lady from Hansen's thinks that the cake stand is not needed.

@delila: Hansen's is great! I went to the Beverly Hills show room as it's very close to where I live. They were super helpful and attentive.  We had two bakery options for the package that we got but our hotel manager higly recommended this place. I must have tried all flavors at this bakery over the two trips that I have gone. We will have to see until the wedding day how it turns out but I was pretty pleased with them.

I think I'm going to make my own cakestand. Got some great ideas from www.raisethecake.com website.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_wedding-cake-stand-rental?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:68Discussion:ab2cad48-59b1-4e4c-b20d-d7c53515b98fPost:07458b3e-25bf-4b05-b59b-4dc017afe3f3">Re: Wedding cake stand rental?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i'm selling mine for $50 :) 18" round
    Posted by courtneykelly[/QUOTE]
     Did you sell your cake stand? If it's still available, I'd like to buy it. Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi, I got married last February and used http://www.rentalcompare.com to search and then rent tables, chairs, a tent, a bar and some lounge furniture. It is a great site as you can search from a variety of vendors, get the best prices and see everything that is available in your area.  I bet they have cake stands. It is also good for generating ideas on different looks for your event.  Good luck and have fun!  Sandra
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards