Missouri-St Louis

Help, feeling overwhelmed!

My wedding is in late October and I've just starting planning. We do have a ceremony and reception site, but that's it.
Any suggestions for florists and/or photographers? We are trying to keep our costs as low as possible without sacraficing too much.

Also trying to pick my colors. How many are too many? I love the blue and orange look, or blue and green, but I think I want brown bridesmaid dresses. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Help, feeling overwhelmed!

• edited December 2011
    What area are you in? To help narrow down finding vendors.

I have 3 colors for my wedding, cobalt blue, silver, and white. Brown and orange would be really pretty for your fall wedding. You could probably add a dark green to that too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

Don't feel too overwhelmed!  I got engaged just before Halloween last year and we are getting married in less than 3 weeks... you CAN plan a wedding in less than 6 months, despite what some will say.  You may not get your first choice in vendors or locations, but it can be done. 

I will say, make sure you order your dress... mine only took 3 months to come in, but some designers take much longer.  I am using Angie Kemp with Chic Events by Angie for flowers... she is usually booked up fast, so you should CALL her soon if you want to meet with her (she doesn't get e-mail often, so calling is best).  I also checked out Walter Knoll, their prices were reasonable, but I liked Angie better.  For photography, I am using www.enchantedmemoriesforyou.com They did a couple weddings for my friends & are on the lower end of the price scale.

Feel free to let me know if you need any more help!  Also check out stlweddotcom it is a GREAT resource!

• edited December 2011

First, take a deap breath.  This can be done easier than your allowing it.  Can you make decisions easily?  That is key.  With brown dresses, a navy blue accent color would look nice for fall.  To add orange, look at the flowers.  Go for very fall colors w/ the flowers: orange, reds, greens.  Try navy tableclothes.  Doing white table clothes?  Tie the blue in with your centerpieces.  If you like the oranges for flowers, use blue ribbon around the vases.  Does that help?

As far as deadlines.  Your caterer and photography need to be pretty top on your list.  The internet is great for planning.  Go to websites of caterers and make a list of phone numbers.  Then call them within the week and see if they are even available for your date.  That will eliminate a lot.  Then go from there.  Do the same for photographers.  Use this trick for all your tasks and make those phone calls!

• edited December 2011
    Photographer- try Amy Pflasterer.  She is awesome, and if she's available on your date I'd definitely book her.

We used Focus on Design (Schnuck's Florist) for our flowers and they were $500 cheaper than the next closest bid that I got.  I'd call them, I'm sure they can accommodate your short time.

Also- order your paper goods ASAP- if there are any mistakes you'll want time to send them back.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • edited December 2011
    I saw at the Cornado wedding Show a florist that you actually rent your flowers.  They where beautiful, chic, and looked very real to me.  The where called Couture Events, or something, they have a website, and it seemed real inexpensive. You could do a google search. If you are having brown bm dresses, I think blue and orange would really balance well.  Good luck
  • angiems97angiems97 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Soulard Florist has very reasonable prices and she came highly recommended! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Maryann
    Arrangement Florist-Westport
    www.arrangementflorist.com12082/" target="_blank">www.arrangementflorist.com12082 Dorsett Rd, Hazelwood - (314) 567-9779

Derek Cadzow
    cell | 314.440.8540web | ;loveandlifephotography.com
    blog |;loveandlifephotography.com/blog
    e.mail | derek@loveandlifephotography.com
    studio | 3015 Salena Street, St. Louis, MO, 63118
  • edited December 2011
    Hi!

Three colors is completely fine! I'm doing dark chocolate brown, lavendar and ivory, for my May wedding. I think browns, oranges, reds, and blues are completely great for fall! Any combo of those three is totally acceptable! :)

Also, to keep costs down I highly recommend Darin Hart of Dear Hart Photography. He is a professional photographer for a company in O'Fallon, MO but he lives in Edwardsville, IL. He's completely accessible for any questions, sending you work he has done..as he does about 70 weddings a year. His work is amazing! The website is: http://www.dearhartphoto.com/home/Home.html

Flowers were included with our wedding package at Caroline Vineyards in Washington, MO.
    Catering (must do in-house catering), DJ, Wedding Coordinator the Day- Of (comes with booking at the location) , Wedding Cake, and a preferred vendor with only 7.50 per person for open bar is available if you want to add it to your package.

I hope this helps! Keep us apprised on what you decide!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards