Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Should I provide food for Vendors???

2»

Re: Should I provide food for Vendors???

• Options
    I am not feeding my vendors because the minister will only be there for half an hour and the photographer for only 3 hours, plus- the dinner portion is in a room that literally only fits the 30 guests that we have.

If I were having a larger wedding and/or vendors were going to be with me longer, yes- I would feed them. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_should-provide-food-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bd7d13a2-8282-4fa5-be66-7bc65aa53dcbPost:1c9ab794-0c26-4b8e-bd01-f8e70b5ca825">Re: Should I provide food for Vendors???</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ roxybabe I meant right, sometime I forget I am not send a text message. By the way thanks for the comments I WILL DEFINITELY FEED MY VENDORS!!!!  
    Posted by Jatalians[/QUOTE]
    I kind of figured you meant "right" you were still missing words though.

This post makes me feel twilight zoney
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_should-provide-food-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bd7d13a2-8282-4fa5-be66-7bc65aa53dcbPost:b0425f65-26d3-4ec2-bb37-d556bb547a1f">Re: Should I provide food for Vendors???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not feeding my vendors because the minister will only be there for half an hour and the photographer for only 3 hours, plus- the dinner portion is in a room that literally only fits the 30 guests that we have. If I were having a larger wedding and/or vendors were going to be with me longer, yes- I would feed them. 
    Posted by golden1215[/QUOTE]

Oh.  Yeah, I had the short, small wedding.  I still fed my vendors.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    DO NOT FEED THE VENDORS!!!

• Options
    @ roxybabeI meant right, sometime I forget I am not send a text message. By the way thanks for the comments I WILL DEFINITELY FEED MY VENDORS!!!!Smile 
  • Options
    WTF animal is that?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_should-provide-food-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:bd7d13a2-8282-4fa5-be66-7bc65aa53dcbPost:b0425f65-26d3-4ec2-bb37-d556bb547a1f">Re: Should I provide food for Vendors???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not feeding my vendors because the minister will only be there for half an hour and the photographer for only 3 hours, plus- the dinner portion is in a room that literally only fits the 30 guests that we have. If I were having a larger wedding and/or vendors were going to be with me longer, yes- I would feed them. 

What time is your wedding? Because if they're there from like 5-8 or something, they're there right in the middle of dinner and they're going to get hungry.

My photog is only going to be taking pictures from 4-8, but since it's around dinnertime, she is probably going to want to eat.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    Wow... My FI started out as a wedding photog and if I had ever heard of a couple not feeding him something at the reception... I'd go into defensive girlfriend mode.

Never once has he not been fed at a reception.
    That's just so wrong on so many levels.

Although, if you're looking for crap photos by a pissy, hungry photographer - go for it. 
  • Options
    Starting at the Venetian is a good way to get a great wedding... I've heard nothing but good things about it!  Ask the NJ local board about this place because I know a lot of them got married there.  But yes, you need to make sure you do your best to write correctly because you'll get the same response there if you aren't careful.  I didn't mean to jump down your throat, it just bothers me that people already think Jersey girls are dumbass idiots... you know where I'm coming from, I'm sure!  Good luck with the wedding!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_should-provide-food-vendors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:bd7d13a2-8282-4fa5-be66-7bc65aa53dcbPost:ae58b7ea-7a61-47fe-961a-5b2628913f38">Re: Should I provide food for Vendors???</a>:
    [QUOTE]My photographer will be there from 3-6:00, so I figure 6pm and beyond is enough time for them to go home and eat.  We are having a $100+ per person sit down, multi-course meal as well.  <strong>So random photographer sitting and eating in the middle of a super intimate dinner would be sort of odd. </strong> And again, the room literally only fits our guests and I'm not uninviting someone close to us so a photographer can eat. 

My daughter's wedding reception was at a 5 star restaurant - the photographer sat at our family/parent table and it was not awkward at all.

We placed her there so that she could eat her meal (which she totally deserved) and be close to the wedding party.
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but it doesn't matter if your wedding is at a five-star steakhouse or a 1-star motel, it is unacceptable to not feed or tip your vendors. They are providing you with a service, and should be compensated accordingly. This compensation includes feeding them during prime eating hours (periods of time in which most receptions occur) and tipping them for their services.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

• Options
    willwill member
    First Comment
    I'm a vendor (videographer), and here's my take.  I've been fed 99% of the time.  Working a wedding is really long day.  Even if it's only 4 hour for you, it's longer for the vendors.  I normally start me day an hour before I leave my house.  I need to pack up my gear go over notes, make sure all the logistics are taken care of.  Also, my day doesn't end when I leave.  I come back, organize all the stuff from the the day.  So a 4 hour wedding, could be a 8 hour day for me, if the drive to the location is an hour (not unusual).  

For me, it doesn't matter what you feed me.  Some vendors get offended by eating "vender meals".  I could care less.  I just want something to keep my going.  
    If you can't feed me for some reason, cool.  Just let me know and I'll pack a lunch and eat when I can. 

A couple of things brides should be aware of; find out what the vender meal is  Some venues feed vendors a sandwich or a lesser meal, but charge you the full price of a guest meal.  You shouldn't have to be charged like that. 

Also, if you decide not to feed the vender, is that how you want to start off your big day, with a photographer, videographer or DJ mad at you?  Do you think that's the best way to get them to go above and beyond for you?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards