Wedding Party

Groomsmen Tuxes?

2»

Re: Groomsmen Tuxes?

• Cmgr I never said it was my wedding. Actuallly my daughter accidentally asked the question when I was logged in to TK and I cleared it up as quickly as I could. Note my name on here - Cookies MOM. Every decision about the wedding is for my DD and her FI to make. All that was asked for was an opinion. I don't care if they have pink and purple polka dot tuxes or suits or whatever, as long as they are happy. I was just amused by the controversy and the outdated thinking included on the website I had read. Neither my daughter nor I were trying to deceive anyone.
  • Here is a pic of my co-workers wedding. They wore brown tuxes and they looked great! Best of luck
  • MiksChick23MiksChick23 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_groomsmen-tuxes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:9a66ae7a-5f75-4f93-a534-10209e29158bPost:dff10a6e-c33e-4f46-bf28-da8ff296ffb0">Re: Groomsmen Tuxes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Since you asked ... no, I don't care for brown tuxes, no matter what your color scheme. I will always say that black tuxes are the way to go. That being said, it's your wedding and your decision. <strong>Your fiance should be the one making the final call, not you </strong>and not us ... so if he wants brown tuxes, then brown it is.
    Posted by mbcdefg[/QUOTE]

DISAGREE!! The couple together can make the decision on this.

OP, I think brown would look amazing! I have seen a few weddings with brown tuxes and they looked great. Especially for a fall wedding! My best friend is doing sage green dresses with orange and white flowers and brown tuxes, its going to be beautiful!
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_groomsmen-tuxes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:9a66ae7a-5f75-4f93-a534-10209e29158bPost:cc63929b-e99c-4dc6-9ca7-ee72989922da">Re: Groomsmen Tuxes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cmgr I never said it was my wedding. Actuallly my daughter accidentally asked the question when I was logged in to TK and I cleared it up as quickly as I could.<strong> Note my name on here - Cookies MOM. </strong> Every decision about the wedding is for my DD and her FI to make. All that was asked for was an opinion. I don't care if they have pink and purple polka dot tuxes or suits or whatever, as long as they are happy. I was just amused by the controversy and the outdated thinking included on the website I had read. Neither my daughter nor I were trying to deceive anyone.
    Posted by Cookies Mom[/QUOTE]
    Cookies Mom =/= Cookie's Mom

• dear god, who gives a rats behind if a "tux" is black or brown or green or purple? No one. There is no rule that states a tuxedo must be black. that's like saying a wedding dress must be white..  absurd

and please, with the "YOUR FI GETS THE CALL!".. if left up to his own devices, my FI would probably show up in a plaid tuxedo (and yes, even if it's plaid,  it would still be a tuxedo) with work boots. not every dude gives a crap what they're wearing. Mine certainliy doesn't.

wear whatever color you'd like.. if you really think that in 15 yrs brown suits/tuxes/outfits will be out of style, just make sure to order a lot of B&W photos. Then it won't matter what color it is :) .
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_groomsmen-tuxes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:9a66ae7a-5f75-4f93-a534-10209e29158bPost:1659dc71-e20c-4cd1-9a36-da7e6bbc89e4">Re: Groomsmen Tuxes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Groomsmen Tuxes? : <strong>Cookies Mom =/= Cookie's Mom
    </strong>Posted by Viczaesar[/QUOTE]

I know...when I signed up it would not let me put in the apostrophe :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards