Wedding Reception Forum
Options

The Landmark - Loews Jersey City, NJ

Hi everyone...

I'm newly engaged (about a month now) and don't plan on having my wedding until 2012 (September).

My fiance and I thought it would be cool to have the Ceremony and Reception at the Landmark - Loews, Jersey City movie theater.  It seems like a really reasonable price and its totally our style.  Has anyone ever done anything here?  Feedback would be greatly appreciated.  I've reached out to them twice already via email with no response, and I've also called them with no luck.

Thoughts and feedback are GREATLY appreciated!!!

Re: The Landmark - Loews Jersey City, NJ

• Options
    Post this on the local No. Jersey board.  This board is international and people in Spokane probably won't know anything about Jersey City.

Look to your left for the local wedding boards drop down.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    Come and chat with us on the North/Central NJ board. Since this is a board for people from all over, you will get more information about local venues and vendors on the NJ board: http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey

A guy on our board had his wedding there about a year ago. He said it was great and his photos looked really nice (he doesn't chat here anymore and IDK where his photos went, unfortunately). I know that you have to bring in a caterer, though, and I don't think they have a kitchen so everything would need to be pre-cooked and then brought in. I am also unsure if you need to rent your own tables and other things like that. I really wanted to look into it, by my H pointed out that it would mean a lot of legwork and coordination between a lot of different vendors, so in the end we wound up going with a hall that took care of all that stuff for us.

I Googled and found some nice images. If you want to do it, I think it'd be really nice! I've been there for a movie before and it's really a stunning venue.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dougletterman/sets/72157607423830044/
  • Options
    Thanks for the tips!  I had no idea I was on the International boards haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards