Wedding Invitations & Paper

Best Way to Organize a Guest List Spreadsheet

Hi! I'm new here!

I am getting ready to start our guest list and was wondering if anyone had hints or tips for organizing an Excel spreadsheet. I am having trouble with how to list names especially with couples who have separate last names.

What other columns would you add aside from name(s), children, address, email, phone, STDs/invites sent, RSVP's received (and attending or not), gifts received, thank you cards sent?

TIA!

I have been reading these boards for a little while and I am so thankful for the knowledgeable brides who help give advice on etiquette! I am striving to do the right things! Laughing 

Re: Best Way to Organize a Guest List Spreadsheet

• This is why I just did this kind of stuff with a pen and a few pieces of notebook paper. No figuring anything out. Just the simple act of making a lists. Voila! 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • edited March 2013
    I have a hard time with exel.( Im in the medical field we dont use it lol) My computer engineer FI was exasperated at my inability to set up our guest list in excel..needless to say he did it.
     we did everyones name on a line. for couples with different last names its just listed as " Jane doe and john smith"  for the address:  street, city, state, house number and zip all have thier own colum. then I have "seats given, final count, gift, thankyou note sent" all in thier own colums. hope this makes sense! and help you!

Jen

edit: Oh also I think i may have pinned excel templates on pinterest..ill see if i can find it

edit again: here it is! it has quite a few templates that might be helpful!

• Thank you!
    I will probably end up using both a notebook and Excel for ease and organization. My FI is the Excel dude in our house, I need a lot of guidance as well!
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    Off the top of my head my columns are:
    Guest name, Date name (whether their spouse, significant other or +1 that I'll later fill their name in), address, city & state, zip, then I had a column of shower and bachelorette and marked if they're on the invite list for either of those.  I'll add other columns as I need them (like gift received, thank you sent, etc.).
  • Thank you all so much! Really helpful. I figure it is best to start off on the right foot so I don't have to keep changing things up!

Wahoo! Double workday Monday is half way done! Hope you all had a great day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards