Canada-Ontario
Options

Engagement shoot locations

Hey everyone!

Where are you getting your e-shoots photographed?  Or where did you?

Any great places in the GTA to recommend?

I was thinking Distillery District, 1 King West (The Vault specifically), even Mississauga City hall/public library is a nice spot.

Any other ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engagement shoot locations

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took ours out and about in Toronto.  Not distillery, specifically, because you require a permit that's something like $250, and you can't go inside any of the buildings to take pictures.  We may use it for our wedding photos, but we didn't want to pay for our engagement session.

We went to King East (furniture district area), King West (all the cool alleyways that are restaurants and lounges in the summer were there, but they were closed on Sunday - we got some cool shots!

We also did some in and around the Esplanade and Union station.  There are some on my planning bio if you want to take a look.  Some of them were too big to post, but if you want to see more I have about 50 of them - let me know

Hope that helps!.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Brickworks on Bayview is popular. 
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's a link with suggestions for locations and permit info (for weddings). This is listed as wedding photo info but I'm sure some of them would make good e-pic sites too!

http://www.bostonimages.com/locations/Page1.html
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Polson Pier would be a great area too, because there is a fantastic view of the skyline and you're on the lake. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Harbourfront; also, there's the Music Garden right by the water (not too far from Spadina/Queen's Quay). Centre Island has some beautiful spots (especially facing south, away from the skyline...boardwalks and grasses and beaches.) And basically anywhere in the Beaches.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Union stations Skywalk is a great spot.  Beautiful ceiling, great lighting.
    For outdoor shots, Thompson Park at Brimley and Lawrence is really pretty with lots of cool elements for different types of shots.  Bluffers park is really nice too.
  • Options
    LevenahLevenah member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_engagement-shoot-locations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:2c241629-1bdc-4cb7-8323-900d1d129a41Post:fb89dbe1-5883-4265-a9b4-8f1abf0d4472">Re: Engagement shoot locations</a>:
    [QUOTE] Centre Island has some beautiful spots (especially facing south, away from the skyline...boardwalks and grasses and beaches.) And basically anywhere in the Beaches.
    Posted by azure46137[/QUOTE]

<div>This. We are going there for our pictures. There are so many hidden places over there to get fantastic pictures!</div>
  • Options
    Bhanu&AnujBhanu&Anuj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the great ideas and links everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    King Street West has lots of little places and the ferry over to centre island is nice since you can shoot on the ride over and make it a little story...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards