Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Candy Bar

Need some suggestions...is the idea of a candy bar not "in" anymore? I've always wanted to have one but as I think about it more, I am growing away from the idea. That would be considered my guest favors, so I am not really sure. Any thoughts?

Re: Candy Bar

• crash2729crash2729 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you don't want to do it you don't have to. 

I'm going to have one whether it's "in" or not. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I still hear about candy bars on this board all the time, so I think they are still going strong.

I chose not to do one, and didn't actually have any favor at all to save time and money. From all that I've read, favors are completely optional.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_candy-bar?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:ad65d058-a660-4609-9581-44a7ceb5208dPost:88d2a764-f393-454f-b676-7b039e184ae6">Re: Candy Bar</a>:
    [QUOTE]I still hear about candy bars on this board all the time, so I think they are still going strong. I chose not to do one, and didn't actually have any favor at all to save time and money. From all that I've read, favors are completely optional.
    Posted by MarieSD[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  All of this.  I think candy buffets are a neat touch, but I never visit them.</div>
    Anniversary

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Even though we as brides know that candy bars are done all the time, most of your guests have probably never seen one.  Mine was a big hit.  But they can be expensive.  No one will miss it if you don't have one.
  • edited December 2011
     I have been to two weddings lately that had them.... so I don't think they are "out".... I went to a wedding last week that had a gourmet popcorn bar.. that was different.  I agree with the others... do what you want and don't worry to much about whether it is " in" or "out".  My friend who had a candy bar bought her candy from Costco and Sams... she spent about 300 on it.
    Me:35 DH:37 TTC#1 since 4/2012 Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, "weak ovulation", all other tests normal. DH: normal

IUI #1 50 Clomid,75 GonalF,Ovidrel,Progesterone = fair response,BFN

IUI #2 150 Gonal F, Ovidrel, Progesterone= awesome response but BFN

IUI#3 225 Gonal F - Cancelled IUI due to early O- TI

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

My Blog

some text image

• edited December 2011
    We did a candy bar at ours and the guests really loved it.  Pretty much all of the candy was gone by the end of the night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards