Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Wedding day make-up

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for make-up artists or salons in the area.  Anyone try air brushing?  Also, what is the best timeline for doing this on the big day?  Our ceremony is at 5:00 and about an hour away from home...should I start getting ready at 10:00am?

Re: Wedding day make-up

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Your stylists will be able to guide you to the correct start time.

I'm using Special Event Beauty out of Bridgewater.  They travel to you wherever you're getting ready, and they are very good.  I got airbrush makeup done at my trial.  Photos and contact info in my bio!
    10.10.10 Bride! Our Bio Updated 9/26
    image 129 Are ready to party! image 29 Party Poopers!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Sam & Robin from Girly Junk for myself and 6 others...they used Mac products and offer air brushing as well. They were so much fun to have around while getting ready and are based in Hanover but travel. GL!

http://www.girlyjunk.com/

As pp said, your stylist and/or photographer will be able to guide you better with your timeline...GL!
  • Options
    chubbybunnychubbybunny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Caitlin Murphy, and I can't say enough about how awesome she is! Highly recommend her. She does airbrushing, and she can travel to you.

As for timeline, I also had a 5:00 p.m. ceremony. We started hair at around 9:30ish, and then Caitlin arrive at about 1:00 p.m., to she did me, 3 bridesmaids and my mom in PLENTY of time. I think she was done around 4, and the photographer got there around 3:45 so we had some time to take getting ready pics in the hotel room.

Good luck, and definitely check out Caitlin!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    chubby bunny-what kind of makeup does catilin use??
    169 image 59 image 8 image 102 image ** RSVP Date: May 28th **
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Sam from Girly Junk and couldn't have been happier!  Review in bio (under Vendor Reviews) and trial and day of pics in bio too.

Kristen & Matt - June 27, 2008
    We're married!

My Bio
  • Options
    chubbybunnychubbybunny member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Caitlin uses MAC as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Caitlin (was one of her first brides, whimper whimper)!
    She is awesome.
    For airbrush, I believe she uses Temptu or something like that. She uses a lot of mac and other types of makeup also though.

• Options
    megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also using Special Event Beauty, they do airbrush, which I loved:

http://www.specialeventbeauty.com/services

But I was recently in a wedding and my friend used Jenelle, she was really amazing I thought. She uses mostly MAC, but mixes in other stuff:

http://beautycouturebyjenelle.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had trials with Special Event Beauty and Charlotte Phinney. Both do hair and makeup and both offer airbrush. It was a hard choice, but I went with Special Event Beauty.
  • Options
    jenvaletjenvalet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Brea Cherne - www.makeupbybrea.com

I didn't prefer airbrush for me, it's a personal preference.  I had my makeup done around 2 for a 6pm ceremony.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards