Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Help With First Dance Song

My fiance and I have been engaged almost two months, have dated for three, but we've known each other almost four years. We've been great friends who have had feelings there for years, just couldn't tell each other. He dated one of my good friends for three years, and through that him and I got to know each other. After they broke up he revealed that he's had feelings for me all along and little did he know they were mutual. We're getting married next April and would really love a song to show what all we've been through. It was a struggle realizing, accepting, and holding in those feelings all those years. I want a song to show all that, and how far we've come.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help With First Dance Song

• edited December 2011
    How about "Bless The Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts?  Just out of curiosity, how did your friend feel about this?
  • edited December 2011
    Well she was of course upset at our choice to date. It was a sticky situation because she really didn't even like being with him. She made a big deal about him ending the relationship, but constantly talked about how he wasn't good enough, wasn't good looking, so many things I had to listen to about someone I truly cared about. She was always trying to change him, so either way, it was a toxic relationship for him, and a toxic friendship for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jason Mraz - "if it kills me" sounds like your story! i lOVE the acousic version:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CusGBZh5V_4

but if that's not 'wedding' enough, then maybe Jason mraz - lucky?

...my FI had been dating a girl for a few years when we met, and she treated him horribly towards the end.....we kind of lost touch/cooled our friendship for about a year when they finally did break up, and then we reconnected and starting dating. so we're probably going to use "lucky".  =)
  • edited December 2011
    Both of those songs fit our relationship perfectly! Both got me quite emotional
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kory3bkory3b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can tell your story in a custom-made song.
    It's perfect! It's unique. It's beautiful!
    - kory@korylivingstone.com
  • MissTheFrog84MissTheFrog84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking about using Lifehouse- You and Me for our first dance, but now that I think about it I think that I should use this song as our last dance at the reception.  I think I am going to use David Bowie's- As The World Falls Down  

When my boyfriend and I met we were both going through some tough times.  He lost two of his Aunts and not to long after that I lost my brother.  

For you though I would reconmend Mary J. Blige- Everything or Robbie WIlliams- Angels.  I don' know if these help you.  Another you could possibly use is Goo Goo Dolls- Iris
  • edited December 2011
    You and Me is a classic :)

I'll check those out, thanks! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards