Utah

Any LDS Temple brides out there? :)

I was just wondering if there are any LDS temple brides on here. I was curious to see what your ideas are for the reception after the temple, if your doing a ring ceremony, etc. If your doing a ring ceremony and reception, are you having a dinner or just a little food? Just looking for oppinions on things. Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Any LDS Temple brides out there? :)

• edited December 2011
    I am doing a chocolate fountain with fruits and other goodies to dip in it.  The night before I am having a dinner for our close family and friends.  People don't expect dinner, but depending on the time frame of your reception, they will probably be a little hungry!  I had a friend who did crepes, fruit and meat ones, it was delicious!
  • rmc27armc27a member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The temple in the afternoon followed by a ring ceremony with dinner and dancing at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts. Obviously this will be smaller (~130 people) than the typical invite the whole ward, but I wanted the wedding of my dreams and that meant less people!

That being said, my friend just got married in October and had a lovely reception in her grandparents backyard with an entire "dessert" menu and everyone in the parents and couples wards were invited and it was lovely.

• edited December 2011
    oh awesome thanks for your input ladies! And congrats on your weddings! :D Which temples you getting married in?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing our temple ceremony in the early afternoon (Logan Temple), then a luncheon for close friends and family, a ring ceremony in the early evening (his family isn't LDS), and a sit-down dinner & dancing for the reception.  Like PP said, it won't be the humongous invite-the-whole-ward receiving line type of wedding and it limits our guest list, but I'd rather eat than stand for 2-3 hours, haha!
  • rmc27armc27a member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Salt Lake - classic
  • edited December 2011
    Logan Temple Bride here. Sealing, then a ring ceremony and luncheon. Neither of us are from Utah, so we're having an open house in his hometown the next weekend, and one in my town the weekend after that.

I need ideas for a ring ceremony. Help?
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    autumnpotts, my fiance and I are doing a ring ceremony.  We asked my dad to "officiate" so he'll be writing up some advice, reading some scriptures, and such.  Then my fiance and I are going to do "vows" (no "I do's" or "til death" stuff) that we've written for each other and exchange rings.

I've heard other people that have had someone sing or play an instrument for them, read poems, etc.  Just do something that is special for you and your fiance!
  • inkfingersinkfingers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     I don't want a ring ceremony because my fiance and I don't want to take away from the significance of the temple, but we are having fun at the reception! The cake is smaller than seen in pictures because I want it to be really classy. My friend is having a huge dance party at hers (also LDS) but I don't like to dance. I'm looking forward to the buquet and garter toss. We're not doing a 9 course meal because I have SO MUCH family and, again, we're trying not to take away from the temple-- but we're still trying to celebrate with our friends and family. I'll definitely have plenty of refreshments to keep guests happy, but I'm also not expecting everyone to stick around for the entire reception. Let me know how your reception goes! I'm still gathering ideas myself:)
  • edited December 2011
    I don't want to take away from the temple, but I have a family who aren't members and I find it fair for them to get to be a part of it.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

LDS!!! woohoo! (sorry, little excited about this). My and my fiance were going to exchange some vows, and exchange rings, he plays guitar so he was going to sing the song that he proposed to me with. I don't know if I will still do the ring exchange or not though. Still thinking about it for sure. Im getting endowed in SLC, and sealed in bountiful. :D Good Luck!

• edited December 2011
    Autumn, I don't think a ring ceremony takes away from the temple at all. I will probably have one for my family, I just haven't figured out where to start yet.
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I are getting endowned and sealed in the Nauvoo temple. Then after that we're driving back to Quincy to have our ring cermony and reception. We're going to have my future father-in-law give a small talk about temples, because I'm the only one in my family to be LDS...I don't if we're having a full meal or just small snacks, lol
  • edited December 2011
    For those of you who are getting married in a temple, how far in advance did you book a temple date? I'm looking at Salt Lake in October but haven't booked anything yet...
  • coleyoley10coleyoley10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking for a place to hold a reception in Salt Lake My Fiance and I are getting married in Dec. and want to have a lunch in type thing for our family and friends so that they can eat and get on the road. Neither one of us are from Salt Lake. Any Ideas
  • edited December 2011
    I have been trying to figure out if I want to do a ring ceremony or not after the temple. None of his family is LDS and only a small portion of my extended family are (not my immediate family). I don't want my parents and siblings to feel left out of the occassion and not be able to participate but I don't know how these kind of things go. What did you ladies do at your ring ceremonies??
  • kelzkinzkelzkinz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's a really good basic link about LDS ring ceremonies:

My fiance and I recently got engaged and will be marrying somewhere around June 13th, 2012 in the Laie, HI Temple! BYUH students, of course. My immediate family is inactive and so we will need to arrange some sort of a ring ceremony for my parents... since I know my mom will be devestated she can't be at my wedding. We are most likely going to have 3 receptions (wow) or open houses here in Hawaii, at my home town in Seattle, and in his home town, Santiago, Chile. What a stresser, having to arrange 3! Our reception here will most likely be very small (immediate close family and friends) and consist of the ring ceremony and dinner. The open houses will be appetizers... We've just begun planning, though, so these are all just ideas! 

Did all the women receive their endowments the morning of the sealing? That's what I've heard is common. I would prefer to have them seperate days though (maybe the day before?) Does anyone have any input with this?  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards