Illinois

Where can I find a "Plus-Size" dress? (Size 20)

Can anyone tell me where I can find a Plus Size Dress in the Chicago area? I went to David's Bridal and they measured me as a Size 20. I have a very low budget and don't want to spend over $500 for a dress before alterations. Thanks everyone!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where can I find a "Plus-Size" dress? (Size 20)

• minda12minda12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

i brought my dress from the online sale section of JOOBAY. it was only 169 dollars and I loved it!!their sizing charts are very accurate too. all size are available,my dress was EMS delivered in excellent timing and condition.Cool
  • Cray.anitaCray.anita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I shopped a sale rack at a downstate bridal shop and got an $1800 gown for $400 because it was "last year's style".  It was a size 24.
  • Cray.anitaCray.anita member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I guess what I meant was to try some bridal shops, alot of the have samples that size and will sell them just like they will their other sample dresses.
  • AnnaScarlettAnnaScarlett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my dress custom made.  It fit amazing and the price wasn't too bad.
  • akulagaakulaga member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting mine from the HOUSE OF BRIDES and its under 500 before alterations. I'm a plus size girl too and i know how hard it is to find an amazing dress. Try the House of Brides, they were amazing with me
  • MrsH8611MrsH8611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yep! same with the other girls! Davids  Bridal has plenty, and even in the sixe you need. But the House of Brides had amazing dresses! Yhe service waas horrible but the dresses were amazing!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Here comes the bride in addison is amazing! My dress is $600 with changes I am making!
  • edited December 2011
    one of my friends have her dress custom-made by http://www.shopforlover.com , it is very pretty, I want to have a try,too
  • edited December 2011
    GOOD NEWS LADIES MY BRAND BIG AND BEAUTIFUL HAS LAUNCHED BEAUTIFUL AND EXCLUSIVE TOPS FROM XL TO 8XL to max price range upto $100 SO IF ANYONE ANYWHERE REUIRED BEAUTIFUL FORMAL,EVENING WEAR , SEMI FORMAL , TOPS PLEASE CONTACT ME AT 8800786519 OR AT mybigandbeautiful@yahoo.com or check out at face book by my name ritu sabharwal
  • edited December 2011
    GOOD NEWS LADIES MY BRAND BIG AND BEAUTIFUL HAS LAUNCHED BEAUTIFUL AND EXCLUSIVE TOPS FROM XL TO 8XL to max price range upto $100 SO IF ANYONE ANYWHERE REUIRED BEAUTIFUL FORMAL,EVENING WEAR , SEMI FORMAL , TOPS PLEASE CONTACT ME AT 8800786519 OR AT mybigandbeautiful@yahoo.com or check out at face book by my name ritu sabharwal
  • aingle89aingle89 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ducky's in champaign il is wonderful designer dresses and they are very reasonably priced i send all of my friends and thier daughters for prom and weddings there and i got my dress a princess cut halter with alot of detail for just under 400.00 and i was a size 20 when i got married the first time best wishes and congrats
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards