Michigan-Detroit

Tell Us Tuesday!

Who was your celebrity crush when you were a kid?

What is your favorite birthday party from when you were a kid?

If you could go back and live during any decade which would you choose? 

What movie would you be embarrassed to admit you love? 
Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Tell Us Tuesday!

• Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who was your celebrity crush when you were a kid?  JTT!!  (Johnathan Taylor Thomas)

What is your favorite birthday party from when you were a kid? Kid Kingdom -- it was a place in Canton...similar to Chuck E Cheese, but more geared towards kids who are 8 or older...

If you could go back and live during any decade which would you choose?  The 80s.  I know I lived through the 80s, but I'd like to be a little older to truly appreciate it.

What movie would you be embarrassed to admit you love?  The Lizzie McGuire Movie.  LOVE IT.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    JTT for me too!!!  Taylor Hanson also had my heart lol

DZ Discovery Zone

Definitely the 1940s
    High School Musical Embarassed
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a few..But mostly Leonardo DiCaprio (still <3 him). I had Leo "wallpaper" as a teenager.

So, I'm a moron and thought this said card. My favorite birthday party was probably the last "big" party I had at the Holiday Inn in Farmington Hills where we had a Pool Party. Since it was October and all ;)

Definitely the 40s or 50s.

I'm kind of stumped with this one..But I will say, sometimes I get embarrassed if I cry from a movie. The last ten or so minutes of Marley & Me I cried like a baby.

ETA: I was a Taylor Hanson lover, too Embarassed I didn't want to admit it though LOL.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • edited December 2011
    Defintely JTT!  I remember writing in my diary once that he was the "hottest guy in the world"
    My 5th grade party. My Grandma made me a sunflower birthday cake and we went to the Rollerskating Rink
    I definitely think the 80's would have been fun if I had been a little older through them!

I actually can't think of any...plenty of embarassing TV though!
  • edited December 2011
    Who was your celebrity crush when you were a kid?  I was in love with the New Kids on the Block.  I had their pictures all over my trapper keeper.  And I listened to their cassette tapes constantly on my walkman, LOL. 
    What is your favorite birthday party from when you were a kid?  When I turned 5, my mother invited my entire preschool class over for a costume party.  I don't really remember it, but the pictures are hysterical!  
    If you could go back and live during any decade which would you choose? I think it would have been fun to witness everything that happened in the 1960s and 70s.  Although the early 1900s have always intrigued me as well.  
    What movie would you be embarrassed to admit you love?  Anchorman.  I know it's stupid humor, but I could watch it over and over and over!  
  • edited December 2011
    I was totally a JTT girl too! and......I'm embarassed to say this, but Mark Summers from What would you do and Double Dare..lol
    I had one at an icecream shop where evryone got to make their own sundae. It was awesome and ice cream is still my favorite food:)
    Definitely the 80's. Looked like such a fun time! 

The Parent Trap with Lindsey Lohan...back when she was normal
    BabyFruit Ticker

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    Pretty much all of the celebrity boys...jtt, ryder strong, joey from nkotb, all the nsync boys, leo, tom cruise...the list goes on and on.

My 9th birthday was a surprise karaoke party in my basement.  It was so amazing and my love for (er...obsession with) karaoke was born.

Honestly, I think the 90s.  The music, the television shows (TGIF anyone?), I just loved it all.

I am also a Lizzie McGuire Movie junkie.  It's the movie I can watch when I'm totally depressed and it lifts me right up.  love it.
    planning bio.
    Visit The Knot!imageVisit Detroit.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    295 invited image184 attending image 111 seriously missing out image
    Final Count!
  • edited December 2011
    Who was your celebrity crush when you were a kid? WILL SMITH!!!! I LOVED the Fresh Prince of Bel Air

What is your favorite birthday party from when you were a kid? My 12th birthday was held at a dance-a-thon for my mom's job (it was held at where the rattlesnake club now holds their private events in stroh irver place) - I invited all of my friends, we ate cake during the breaks and then I won 13 tickets to take a cruise on the Detroit river from midnight to 2am the SAME night.. and my mom let us go. SO I think we danced something like 18 hours. But it was so much fun and totally worth the cause.

If you could go back and live during any decade which would you choose? The 20's.. I belong in the Harlem Renaissance.

What movie would you be embarrassed to admit you love? Pootie Tang. DON'T JUDGE ME!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket Visit Detroit.Weddings.com

I'm a guest blogger on 12Kwedding.com
  • edited December 2011
    Rick Schroder.  I was only very young when Silver Spoons was on, but I was convinced I was going to marry him.  What is your favorite birthday party from when you were a kid?
    I guess Chuck E Cheese/Show Biz Pizza.If you could go back and live during any decade which would you choose? 
    Probably the 1940’s/1950’sWhat movie would you be embarrassed to admit you love?
    I love a lot of embarrassing movies….If I have to pick one I guess The Skulls.  I know it's terrible, but seriously love that movie.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    OMG, there were so many! Definitely NKOTB, but I was obsessed with Jared Leto when he was on My So-called Life

Hmm, I really don't remember my birthday parties as a kid. I remember once that my sister and I had enough of sharing our birthday so we asked out mom for seperate cakes...so there were 2 smurfette cakes, lol

The 50's I think

I love Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, and will nto watch it with anyone else since it's so cheesy and I don't wanna get made fun of. 
    Final Count 181! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Oh goodness... It started with Sean Astin in the Goonies, but I LOVED Simon Le Bon from Duran Duran, too. God I'm old. And my teenybopper crush was Joey McIntyre. Still is, probably! :)
    I don't really remember it, but I know I had a Strawberry Shortcake birthday cake! She was my favorite back in the day.
    Definitely the 80's. That was a blast. Now I want to go roller skating....
    I'm not embarrased to admit I love Girls Just Want to Have Fun! That movie rocks! I'm really not embarrassed to admit I love any movie- my husband, however, is embarrassed to admit how much he loves "Bring It On!" :)
  • edited December 2011
    Tevin Campbell, boy was I so in love! Singing "Brown eyed girl!!!"

Im gonna say my 16th B-day.  My mom got me a suite at the renaissance downtown for an overnighter, one at the top
    so we had a great view!  There was still a movie theater in there at the time so me and my friends went to the movies, got to walk around downtown, etc.  I had a blast!!!!
    Definitely the 80's!! 

Black Beauty!!  It makes me cry every single time!!  At the end when Black Beauty finally re-connects with his original owner, and starts doing this head thing that they both know, omg the tears come and don't stop for a good 10 mins, lol!
    image 280 Invited
    image 250 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: April 2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image ~PlanningBio~
  • edited December 2011
    I ditto the answer of Will Smith! I loved him! Also Brian from The Backstreet Boys..lol!

Sometime around 6th-7th grade...had a bunch of friends over...did Karaoke, had a stobe light and danced like loons, lots of fun! I found pictures of it not long ago and they had me laughing!

between 30's-40's.

The Land Before Time movies..lol! They have been playing on HBO recently and FI was laughing at me the other day for watching the 3rd movie. That and Balto, lol.
    Photobucket ~Kat~ wedding websites
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards