Getting in Shape
Options

No More Soda

That's right, I'm giving up all soda, including diet, zero calorie stuff. I did this three years ago (along with dropping all breads and potatoes) and dropped 18 lbs without much exercise. I've been doing pretty well on portion control and whatnot, but was not happy to find I had actually gained some weight. Pretty sure it's the Coke Zero doing it. Unfortunately, I don't drink coffee, so work Monday morning will be soo much fun!

Anyone else kick or kicking a soda habit?

Re: No More Soda

• Options
    Man, I wish I had something like that to drop (other than just flat-out saying no white sugar, which is in everything).  I kicked the soda habbit about 10 years ago and never looked back...totally worth doing!  Good luck!
  • Options
    Yeah I did this before and am doing it again. I also don't drink coffee. Found the diet coke stimulates my hunger and the aspartame is not good for you either. Don't like the empty calories regular sodas have. I am now drinking green or black tea for the caffeine. But only if I feel a desperate need for it. Good luck.
    Aug 2013 Brides - January Siggy Wedding Site, Pinecrest Lake: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    yay for you!!!
    That stuff is complete and utter garbage. Even in moderation, it's still garbage for your system. 
    I used to be a diet soda addict in high school and I can't tell you the last time I had any. THe cravings will settle you will completely stop missing it :) 
  • Options
    I have cut out all sodas, teas & juices completely! It was hard at first and I had major headaches but now I don't miss it at all. But I am yet to notice any weight loss from it! I have also cut out bread, potatoes, rice & pasta. Disappointed :( Just started walking everyday a little over a week ago so I am hoping this works for me. Congrats for you tho! :) Huge step in the right direction!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've been battling this forever! I don't drink coffee, and have just started drinking green/black teas.

Once upon a time I was drinking a 2L of soda a day! I'm down to one glass, but even now, I'm not enjoying it as much as I used to, so that's a good thing. I'm working on eating clean too, and I figure that's what's causing my falling-out-of-love with soda.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!

This weekend was pretty hard. Over the summer, I drank A LOT of soda studying for the FL Bar Examination in July. Once that was over, I cut back my intake, stopped the occasional regular soda all together, but felt if I went cold turkey just like that, I might give myself a stroke. I no longer have any reason to drink soda to keep my energy levels extra high, and with the weight I hope to lose, I'll end up having more energy that way! I'm working to acquire a taste for green tea, though personally I'm a lemon lift girl! I'm now able to keep a fridge in my office, so I'm hoping between stocking it with water and healthy snacks, I'll have no need to go to the in office building cafeteria area where they sell soda and other bad food.  Regardless, I know the headaches will hit around late morning, so a bottle of aspirin is ready and waiting in my desk! I hope to follow up on this thread with changes I see on the scale from no more soda!
  • Options
    @chipmunk keep it going!
    Aug 2013 Brides - January Siggy Wedding Site, Pinecrest Lake: imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    great job! i am not much of a soda drinker, every once in a while i'll drink a coke if we go out for dinner, but we don't keep it at home anymore.  - although, i just discovered a 15 calorie lemonade from Minute Maid that i'm now slightly addicted too.

congrats to zrlindsay for kicking pasta... i absolutly loveeeee pasta and i know it's my biggest issue right now :(  baby steps, though...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards