August 2012 Weddings

New Here!

Well I am new to these forums and am plannign my wedding for next yr August 4th! I am super nervous and excited of what's to come. I saw a weight loss challenge and would love to get in it but I am not sure how. I need to lose 75lbs by next yr and I can do it! Oh my name is Toya by the way. Hope to get to know you all very well over the next few months!

Re: New Here!

• welcome and congrats!!
    there is a getting in shape board to the left that you might want to start reading. lots of girls have the goal of losing weight for the wedding!

for me, the best things that work are:
    1. exersice plan that incorporates fun! (sports, walking at malls, bike rides, etc)
    2. a plan to prepare food ahead of time so all you have to do is pick up tupperware, or assemble a salad, etc.
    3. eating FRESH ingredients instead of processed crap, and reading labels to REALLY see what nutrients you're eating.
    4. focusing on vitamins and minerals (like fiber and sodium) instead of just counting calories
    5. iphone apps like nikefitnessclub and myfitnesspal to help you keep track of your goals =)

Good luck!
  • Thank you so much! I know I can do it if I just stay focused. I refuse to purchase a dress until I have lost some weight. :-D August seems so far away but it's really not when I sit down and think of everything that I want and needs to be done. Are there anymore August 4th ladies?

How do I edit my signature?
  • colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Yay welcome to the August board! We look forward to getting to know you better and share ideas with you!
  • bmetz34bmetz34 member
    First Comment
    welcome!! 
    8/12 March Siggy- reception venue!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • cshulercshuler member
    First Comment
    Hello Toya and congratulations on your engagement. My wedding will be on August 1st  in beautiful Hawaii next year. I am sure you will find a wonderful group of women here and a lot of great ideas like I have.
    Anniversary
  • Congrats Toya!! We share the same wedding date of August 4th with you!!!  1 year 2 months and 3 weeks left!!!
    Can't wait to marry my best friend!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Aww cool! I have my colors and things set, my location, a planner (also a cousin!), and I go dress shopping for the first time Tuesday. I am super nervous.
  • Have fun dress shopping, it's very exciting! Good luck and let us know how it goes!!
    Can't wait to marry my best friend!! imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I will! I am going to be very active on here lol. Once my kiddos go to school I am at home in pure wedding mode lol. Oh I have a daughter name Lauren.. spelled Lauryn though. :-)
  • That's a very pretty way of spelling it! I went to high school with a girl who spelled it that way, and a guy who spelled it Loren.
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Hey!! and Welcome
    This board is awesome.. it has been so helpful--and its great to see the list of girls getting married next August growing.

Some of us have been on here for 6 months- so we have def. started to share great advice and even become "friends"

I also have some weight to lose (50 lbs).. and I have committed to losing 30 before I try on a dress.

The fitness challenge kind of hit a blip on here (its hard to keep up with it, when its on the knot sicne youa re always logging in, different schedules etc) but I wanted to let you know- I joined myfitnesspal.com
    Its the best thing I haev ever done. IT tells you how many calories you need to eat and how much you need to excercise in order to lose the weight you want to lose-in the time frame you need to lose it. And it has a ton of motivation.

I would be willing to share emails with a few girls looking to lose so maybe we can check in with one another every week or so to keep on our tracking and weight loss.

I';m also thinking of doing the couch to 5k-- it starts you slow and has you running 3 miles within a few months :)... its wortha  alook

email me if you want to sta in touch either about your wedding ro weight loss-
    Jcorvese at gmail dot com!
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • That would be great! Mines is jdndrews at gmail ! I am actually going tuesday to look at dresse sbut i wont buy anything or put a deposit on it until I lose weight. I just want to know what looks good and see what my taste is really like.
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    ah exciting for you!

I really hate the way I look now (I've gained liek 40 lbs in the past few years) so I know I'll just get upset to try on

Although there is a great place near me that has TONS of dresses in TONS of sizes :)... so mI am thinking of starting there.

I'm like an 18 now (I used to be around a size 10) but in bridal i'm fearing the worst--  I just have to keep thinking "its just a number, its just a number"
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Congrats and Welcome date twin!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • welcome and congrats!!!
    image 223 Invited
    image 127 Wouldn't miss it
    image 64 Passed on the fun
    image 32 Still undecided
    RSVP Date: August 1, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards