Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Father Daughter Song... HELP!

I'm trying to find the right song to dance to with my dad! I don't want country or any of those long drawn out songs.. We were looking to find some kind of classic rock song!  Its so hard to find a song that isn't corny! Help!

Re: Father Daughter Song... HELP!

• kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Aerosmith Don't Want to Miss A Thing
    Aerosmith Angel
    Aerosmith Without You
    Aerosmith Love Hurts
    U2 When Love Comes to Town
    Eagles Forgiveness
    Eagles Victim of Love
    Eagles I Can't Tell You
    Eagles Love Will Keep Us Alive
    Sheryl Crow Sweet Child O Mine
    Johh Mayer Daughters
    The Pretenders I'll Stand By You
    Ten Thousand Maniacs How You've Grown
    Roy Orbison You've Got It
    Led Zepplin Thank You
    Sweet Child of Mine Guns and Roses
    Brown Eyed Girl- Van Morrison
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • hjones23hjones23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Fleetwood Mac, Landslide always comes to mind.  I went to a wedding where the father and daughter danced to "like a rock" that truck commercial song.  It was actually quite cute. I think"you lift me up" by Josh Grobin is great but not really a rock song.  Not sure that helps....

• edited December 2011
    I'm using "Butterfly, Fly Away" by Miley Cyrus.
    I don't like her music, but the song is really pretty. I found it on youtube.
    HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    i forget who sings it but look at the song i loved her first
  • AmandaK2010AmandaK2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad and I are going to do "You'll Be in My Heart" by Phil Collins.  My dad isn't a huge music guy, but Phil is his favorite.  Plus it is from Tarazan, which is a super cute movie!
  • edited December 2011
    thanks guys! :)
  • edited December 2011
    "I loved her first" is performed by Heartland if I'm not mistaken.  However it's definitely a country/western song.  If she likes it, it's a GREAT song. 
  • MsBunny312MsBunny312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dad is going to pick a Beatles song, I'm sure of it. I don't know which one yet, but that would at least fit your classic rock idea.
  • laurae84laurae84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we're going to use a kind of fun song called "Dancin' on Daddy's Shoes" by Leon Redbone.  I really don't know how to classify it...it's really old-sounding and different.
  • edited December 2011
    I am having such a hard time picking a song to dance with my father.  I am letting him make a list of songs he likes and I will pick from them.  He absolutely loves Otis Redding, so I want to do "I've Got Dreams".  I also thought "Wild Wolrd" by Cat Stevens would be good. Ugh I can't decide....
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards