Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Dress help!! Online China knock-off Dress= Bad idea

Sooo I made a major mistake and purchased a dress online from sino-treasure.com. It was a knock-off of a Casablanca gown that I saw on Pinterest. I read the reviews and I was confident until I received the dress. The lace they used is HORRIBLE and tacky(it looks like tulle and all you see is the zipper).

The dress fits great and I love the look but the lace looks NOTHING like the pictures they advertise. I'm obviously on a budget(my reason for going that route) and I need to find someone in DFW that fix the lace part for me. Anyone know of a good alteration/dress maker around here?

Re: Dress help!! Online China knock-off Dress= Bad idea

• Options
    I haven't used her (though I'm planning on it), but most of the brides on this board swear by Becky Fowler in Irving. If you google her the first hit should be a link to reviews of her on yelp. 

• Options
    Yep... Becky Fowler for sure!

Just for curiosity's sake... do you have a picture of your dress? I'm so sorry this happened to you :(
  • Options
    Yes! But I can't figure out how to upload the pics of it from my phone. I've heard of Becky. Ill try calling her! Thanks!
  • Options
    Yes, she's great. I'm going to be in a wedding next year, and I will definitely be going to her for my bridesmaid dress alterations.
  • Options
    Also, just finally got around to calling her to find out when I should set up my first fitting, and from a 1 minute conversation I've already decided she's the nicest person ever!
  • Options
    She was sweet!! I finally got an email back from sino-treasure after blowin up their email and writing on their Facebook page. They say they will replace it...lets hope it works out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards