Canada-Ontario
Options

affordable dress boutiques in toronto?

the hunt for the wedding dress begins.

let me first define my wedding style as budget-chic. start to finish my wedding will be 4 hours max, including ceremony and reception. i'm not having bridesmaids, or any frills whatsoever (buying our house > wedding). 

as much as i'd love to walk down the aisle in monique lhuillier, not happening. 

i feel like every bridal boutique i've gone into i can't find a thing under $1000. I'm looking to pay max $800 and as soon as i mention this, the eager sales people seem to have no interest in helping me! 

does anyone know of any places with fashionable, but affordable (and not cheap) dresses? i'm not looking for a princess ball gown with lace and crystals and a 12 foot train - something very simple. i've considered just buying a white dress at bcbg or holts if i can find something good enough. even j crew (in the states) has $400 bridesmaid dresses, that come in ivory. but i'd love to find something local.

i welcome any suggestions, merci! 

Re: affordable dress boutiques in toronto?

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My budget was <$900 and I found lots of dresses in that price range at the shops on Spadina. I went to Bridal Fashion Fraire (on east side of Spadina, north of Adelaide) and Bridals on Spadina (east side of Spadina, south of Adelaide). I think there is also another shop called Classy, next to Bridals on Spadina.

Bridal Fashion Fraire had dresses starting at $300! I ended up buying mine at Bridals on Spadina, it was a $550 dress by Joli Bridals. (FYI - after tax and alterations, it was ended up being close to $800. Just keep that in mind if your $800 budget is strict!). At both shops, I told them my budget upfront and they were very understanding about it.

Chris & Tina's at Parkway Mall in Scarborough is also excellent and also carries lots of dresses in that price range.

Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    colourzcolourz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine at the Dressroom on Danforth. $682 total. They have a beautiful selection.  Your White Dress on Orfus Rd. has every dress foor $299. They have styles from a few years ago but I don't think they change that much. They are sold off the rack.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    IF you dont mind traveling to Mississauga, there's a great store. You might have to make a few trips as they always get new stock, but I went once and the second dress I tried on was the one! Less then $600 and amazingly beautiful!
    Elizabeth Stuart Bridal.
    http://www.elizabethstuartdiscountbridal.com/intro.htm

Good Luck!
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you considered buying your dress secondhand?  You might be able to get the dress of your dreams at a price you can afford.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Orfus Road!! The whole street is filled with outlets and there's 2 Bridal shops there too. It's near Yorkdale mall. Two of my friends got their dresses there, one paid $300 and the other was $400. That's where I plan to shop too
  • Options
    nmcarthurnmcarthur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions ladies! I am in the west end (Oakville) but definitely don't mind traveling. I might head down to Buffalo and go to David's Bridal too, apparently they have some affordable but stylish dresses. 

I've been looking into second hand, having a hard time as so many are in the states. 

The hunt continues... thank god I have 2 years to go haha! 
  • Options
    sytomsytom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress is a Mori Lee and was really affordable!  It's a big ball gown : )  I found it in Montreal though.  But it seems to be stores in Ontario as well.

Here's the link to the store locator...

http://www.morilee.com/searchStore.php
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lmckenzie98lmckenzie98 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found mine in Port Perry........Everlasting Moments.....and I found them to be quire reasonable......it was $1200, but when I originally saw it in the magazine, I thought for sure it would be a lot more.  There is a ton of material!
  • Options
    kelleepkelleep member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If don't mind looking second hand, please give the Brides Project a look.

I got my dress there, paid only $675 (but debated hard about getting another one that was only $250!!!!)

And the best part is that the proceeds go to cancer and its all volunteer run.  The girls there are fabulous and I had such a great time.  I can't wait to be able to put my dress on and know that I've contributed a little bit.

For the rest of you out there, please consider donating your dress, they are always accepting, and I know I'll be bringing mine back to them as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards